+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship and legal status

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
Hi, I received an AOR for my wife's inland sponsorship.

She has a tourist visa and her six months will be up soon.

Does filing an inland sponsorship give her a maintained status? I think that's what's called.

Do we have do anything further to maintain her legal status in Canada while her application being processed?

Do we have to apply for a work permit with the AOR we have Is it open or closed work permit?

Thank you

andygill11

May 5, 2018
You can either apply for Open Work Permit or apply for Visitor Record. Filing a PR application does not give you implied status/maintained status.

Reactions: colgate1

vidusesha

Feb 6, 2024
Hello, on December 29th, 2023, I sponsored my partner. On January 18th, 2024, I received an email from IRCC confirming the receipt of the application. Today, I received another email from IRCC with a document attached, stating that I meet the eligibility requirements as a sponsor. Simultaneously, my partner received an email confirming her eligibility and meeting the requirements. Should I consider the email received today or the one from January 18th as the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR)?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, on December 29th, 2023, I sponsored my partner. On January 18th, 2024, I received an email from IRCC confirming the receipt of the application. Today, I received another email from IRCC with a document attached, stating that I meet the eligibility requirements as a sponsor. Simultaneously, my partner received an email confirming her eligibility and meeting the requirements. Should I consider the email received today or the one from January 18th as the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR)?
AOR is generally send to the sponsor.