+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland SOWP refused after PGWP.

PaJo18

Nov 5, 2020
Please please please help!
It’s URGENT!

My husband was on PGWP which expired in April.
Meanwhile I was a student till April end but I had study permit extension till July end. We put his application for SOWP based on my study permit.
In April end I got my aa PGWP by flagpoling and I had a TEER1 job. But was waiting for 3 payslips to update via the web form.

They made a decision on my husband’s profile for SOWP and gave a refusal yesterday. We reapplied before midnight before his maintained/ implied status was expired with my employer’s letter and since it was a continued job (from when I was a student and working full time hours). I wrote that in letter of explanation and attached all documents.

Please help answering
1. Should he go on visitor record or restore his status?
2. Can we go to border and get his SOWP?
3. What all options do we have here?
He has a full time job which he will lose if he does not work.
4. Chances of getting interim work authorization?

Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Duplicate post.

He lost status with refusal.

1. He restores status to worker and reapplies.
2. Not advised as out of status.
3. He cannot work until SOWP is approved.
4. There is no interim work authorization. He is out of status.

PaJo18

Nov 5, 2020
@Naturgrl so we reapplied last night itself. Is that sufficient or should we change his status to visitor record?

Duplicate post.

He lost status with refusal.

1. He restores status to worker and reapplies.
2. Not advised as out of status.
3. He cannot work until SOWP is approved.
4. There is no interim work authorization. He is out of status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied before the midnight before my status expired.
When did spouse’s status expire for the original work permit? Status expired on that date. If SOWP was refused that is not expired permit that is a refusal. He just had maintained status while waiting for decision. Once refused he was out of status. So not sure what you mean by applied before status expired.

PaJo18

Nov 5, 2020
When did spouse’s status expire for the original work permit? Status expired on that date. If SOWP was refused that is not expired permit that is a refusal. He just had maintained status while waiting for decision. Once refused he was out of status. So not sure what you mean by applied before status expired.

Please provide your valuable suggestion
#sowp #reapplication #refusal #inland #restoration

This is in continuation to my previous post. My husband got sowp refused and same day we reapplied without restoration.

Just figured that it is not the application before midnight EST time but UTC time which is considered by IRCC. so it was 2:30 am the next day when our application must have been received by IRCC.

QUESTION - should we withdraw that application and reapply with restoration OR should we leave that application, pay restoration separately, attach a receipt, LOE and raise it with web form.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUGGEST.

PaJo18

Nov 5, 2020

Please provide your valuable suggestion
#sowp #reapplication #refusal #inland #restoration

This is in continuation to my previous post. My husband got sowp refused and same day we reapplied without restoration.

Just figured that it is not the application before midnight EST time but UTC time which is considered by IRCC. so it was 2:30 am the next day when our application must have been received by IRCC.

QUESTION - should we withdraw that application and reapply with restoration OR should we leave that application, pay restoration separately, attach a receipt, LOE and raise it with web form.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUGGEST.