+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland PR application - Extending tourist Visa?

rahu22

Sep 30, 2018
I am sponsoring my spouse PR application under INLAND category. She is currently in Canada on tourist visa which will expire in next 4 months. I sent the PR + OWP application in April (have not received AOR yet). I want to check if I have to apply for her tourist visa extension separately, or does Inland applicant stay in the implied status as long as they remain in Canada during processing.

I checked other posts on this topic but didn't get concrete information.

Thanks in Advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am sponsoring my spouse PR application under INLAND category. She is currently in Canada on tourist visa which will expire in next 4 months. I sent the PR + OWP application in April (have not received AOR yet). I want to check if I have to apply for her tourist visa extension separately, or does Inland applicant stay in the implied status as long as they remain in Canada during processing.

I checked other posts on this topic but didn't get concrete information.

Thanks in Advance.
Applying for the OWP is what will maintain her status as long as it isn't returned. People apply for visitor extensions to maintain status in case the app is returned. As she still has valid status for another 4 months, if the app is going to be returned, it should happen before that point and you can resbumit while she still has valid visitor status, so there isn't really any need for her to apply for the visitor extension.