Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are applying inland. We're gathering the last few things for our application. I'm not clear on when we need to get the police certificates. He's from Mexico. He's been living in Canada.

When do we need to send the police certificates from Mexico. How do we get them?

Do we need to send a police certificate from Canada? He's been living here for over 6 months.

Do we include all the certificates in the application or wait for the request?

Thanks!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
He needs police certificates from any country he has been in for more than 6 months, except Canada.
Here is the link to the CIC website, where it refers to the police certificates from Mexico:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

For most countries you send the certificate in with the application, but for Mexico they say to wait until it is requested.

Bluesky2010

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
okay. i saw that link on the website but i was confused because the link straight from the website doesn't specify if it's for inland or outland or both types of applications. in the actual instruction guide for common-law relationships within canada is lists a bunch of countries that do not need a police certificate in the inital application, but mexico is not listed as one of them.

so now i'm not 100% clear on if we need it or not...

why is all their info so difficult to make sense of?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
True. Phone the CIC hotline and ask. To be safe you could get the federal police certificate and send it in with the application. They will then ask for another one later, probably.