+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND - PAY FOR VISA EXTENSION, OPEN WORK PERMIT OR BOTH?

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
So when applying Inland and submitting your PR application (with sponsorship),
I understand that you are to include your Open Work Permit Application as well as Visitor Visa Extension Application altogether.

Is this correct?

So this is the payment table correct?

Thanks.

Application Quantity Price(C$)/Unit Total(C$)
Immigration Applications for Persons in Canada
Permanent Residence
Right of Permanent Residence Fee 1 $490.00 $490.00
Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class
Sponsorship application (per application) 1 $75.00 $75.00
Principal applicant 1 $475.00 $475.00
Temporary Residence
Work Permit (including extensions) 1 $150.00 $150.00
Extension of Authorization to remain in Canada as Temporary Resident (extension of visitor status) 1 $75.00 $75.00
Total: $1265.00

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I will just repost what I said in another thread with a similar question hopefully it helps.

"You don't need to include both. The open work permit application is the same you use for an extension so it is treated the same as a regular extension would be. Instead of checking off the box saying you want to request an extension you will check off the box (C) I think. It will say "initial work permit" that is what you will check off. Then when you get to the part on the application that asks how long you would like to stay for, you don't fill in the box. Instead there is a box off to the side that says "change conditions" you will check this off. That way when you are approved for first stage approval, this will enable them to give you a new status document which will be a work permit. There is no need to apply for a separate extension on its own. As long as you include the work permit app with the pr app and it is RECEIVED before you status expires then the work permit allows you to have implied status for the duration of the processing. Don't send them two of the same application. That will just confuse them of what you are trying to ask for. The open work permit is the extension. This is the same as what I did and I am currently under implied status because both the applications were received before my status expired.

Or easier way to put it:
PR app + OWP app mailed together before status expires = implied status until first stage approval

(Implied status means you are able to stay under the same conditions on your visa even after it has expired. Just as long as you mailed the OWP with the PR app before your visa was to expire.)"

"This is a quote out of the Operational Manual for Processing Temporary Resident Extensions.
Hopefully this verifies my statement or clears up confusion for future inland applicants.

5.6. Inland applications for permanent residence
"In situations where an applicant who has visitor status submits an application for permanent residence to Vegreville and at the same time submits an application for a work permit (pursuant to R207(b)), the visitor may be considered to have requested an extension of their TR status (in accordance with R183(5)). They are considered to have implied status as a visitor, until a decision is made on their WP application.
When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status."

You can read some more here and you can also read the quote I just posted.
You will probably have to scroll down the page a bit but it is the one entitled (IP-6 Processing Temporary Resident Extensions).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/index.asp

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
And I believe the total amount would be: $1,190.00 CAD

Open Work Permit: $150
Right of Permanent Residence Fee: $490
Sponsorship Application: $75
Principal Applicant Fee: $475

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
either send open work permit or visa extension. better is open work permit, cause u gonna need it sooner or later.

and usually (?) people dont pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee at once. u can pay it when u about to get PR.

lizet

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Asta said:
either send open work permit or visa extension. better is open work permit, cause u gonna need it sooner or later.

and usually (?) people dont pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee at once. u can pay it when u about to get PR.

I sent the open work permit application along with the PR. If you pay all at once you will have up to a month less delay, since they don't have to ask you to pay for it at a later state. If you have the money, I don't see why you wouldn't pay all at once. If the application for some reason doesn't go through, you'll get the money for the PRF back.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
lizet said:
I sent the open work permit application along with the PR. If you pay all at once you will have up to a month less delay, since they don't have to ask you to pay for it at a later state. If you have the money, I don't see why you wouldn't pay all at once. If the application for some reason doesn't go through, you'll get the money for the PRF back.
sometimes they ask to bring money or receipt for that payment at the landing interview. and yes if u have money u pay, but if u dont, thats not a big deal.