+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland OWP application rejected

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have submitted application for sponsoring my wife who lives with me in GTA (she has been illegal since 2017) to CIC Mississauga as instructed by our lawyer. Along with sponsorship and PR we also applied for her OWP last year, around May. I received one email in Sept 2020 that said CIC received my application for sponsorship and they us a temp file number with a X in front. Last week I received another email that said they received my application (again) but this time they removed the X from file number.
There was a letter in the mail yesterday with one letter and the filled application for WP returned to us. The letter said

"Application to change conditions or extend your stay in canada as a worker that you submitted in conjunction with application for PR you made under Spouse or Common -law parnter in Canada class" cannot be processed because it is not complete.

Missing following item:
[ ] Proof of payment
[X] Insufficient processing fees were provided
[ ] A current completed and signed App to change ... (IMM 5710)

Please be advised that the only temporary resident application this office processes is the Application to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker IMM 5710 if submitted in conjunction with Application for PR made under Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

The entire package, including all the requested documents/information referenced in the above and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to:

Case Processing Center in Edmonton
IRCC c/o Work permits for spouses or commonlaw partners Station 777
9700 Jasper Avenue, NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

It does not say how much fee was insufficient. I have the original payment receipt of $1290 paid online ( $1050 for PR + $155 for WP + $85 biometric).
I cannot recall but i think these were the items.

How much do I need to pay now?
Do I need to resubmit a new form IMM 5710 or the old form returned to us?
Should I send to Mississauga or Edmonton? All other forms and documents except the IMM 5710 were not returned to us.

bian07

May 19, 2017
the fee's for the work permit are 255 in total, not 155. its the work permit fee (155) + open work permit holder fee (100) that need to be paid.

since she has no status in canada she would also not be eligible for the work permit until she receives the AIP (approved in principle) for the sponsorship application.

Last edited:

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
the fee's for the work permit are 255 in total, not 155. its the work permit fee (155) + open work permit holder fee (100) that need to be paid.

since she has no status in canada she would also not be eligible for the work permit until she receives the AIP (approved in principle) for the sponsorship application.
Thanks for reply.
Should I send to Mississauga or Edmonton?

How long does it take to get AIP? They received the application by mail in July 2020, but the online tool shows they started processing the PR application only since two weeks back.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Thanks for reply.

How long does it take to get AIP? They received the application by mail in July 2020, but the online tool shows they started processing the PR application only since two weeks back.
I'd resubmit the package and send it to Edmonton.

AIP is at the end of the whole process so it often doesn't take too much longer to get the whole pr approved after receiving AIP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit?usp=drivesdk

You can look through here and compare the dates how long it took between aip to decision made for some applicants

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
I'd resubmit the package and send it to Edmonton.

AIP is at the end of the whole process so it often doesn't take too much longer to get the whole pr approved after receiving AIP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit?usp=drivesdk

You can look through here and compare the dates how long it took between aip to decision made for some applicants
Ok. I will fill a new form IMM 5710e with new date and signature and include the old returned form inside the envelope as well. Make the payment $100 and write a letter to the officer with explanation and post it to Edmonton.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply.

AIP is usually a month or two before COPR. It is usually pretty pointless.

Reactions: bossofbees

Curtis3321

Apr 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
Hi there, did you make any adjustments to the package, just resent it with updated fees? I've had mine returned, thankfully I'm on maintained status due to a pending visitor visa. I am resubmitting it tomorrow to Edmonton.

It was sent back for missing fees (even though I paid the full $255..)

TimmmyD8

Aug 20, 2021
Hi there, did you make any adjustments to the package, just resent it with updated fees? I've had mine returned, thankfully I'm on maintained status due to a pending visitor visa. I am resubmitting it tomorrow to Edmonton.

It was sent back for missing fees (even though I paid the full $255..)
Hey there,

Similar boat as you, got a letter yesterday that we need to resubmit the form itself. It says entire package, but does that just mean everything they've requested or the entire sponsorship application as well? We just are a bit unclear on that.

Thanks!