+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND or OUTLAND

Cruz

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Im new here and from the Philippines..my fiance is a permanent resident in Regina, Sask. We plan to get married there on May after I visit my sister in BC. My concern is I am traveling with my family and they hold a multiple entry visa as wel butl they are a little worried that there will be a problem if we get married and not come back with them since we want to apply for INLAND process. What are the best options? Can someone help :( Thank yoU!!God bless!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Nothing to worry about ..if u get married in canada then better u go for inland application and u can extend ur visitor visa with ur husband sponsor..u can apply for open work permit together with ur inland pr application ..processing for pr inland application a bit longer than out land application ...but there very less chance for rejection and interview for inland application than out land application because u guys living together ...but in inland application u can't leave the country while ur application under process .so u should think carefully before making final decision about inland or outland ..good luck :) :) :)

Cruz

Jan 20, 2014
hi thank you so much for the response..after we got married in a civil ceremony, what are the things or documents that needs to be done? Thank you so much..we know we have to submit forms but i hope you can enlighten me with the procedure..thank you

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Cruz said:
hi thank you so much for the response..after we got married in a civil ceremony, what are the things or documents that needs to be done? Thank you so much..we know we have to submit forms but i hope you can enlighten me with the procedure..thank you
If u decide to go for inland application then first place you need to go for ROM
1.. REGISTERED OF MARRIAGE ..YOU NEED TO OBTAIN CERTIFICATE
2...TRY TO TAKE MORE PICTURES WITH UR FRIEND OR RELATIVES AND WITH UR HUSBAND AND HIS RELATIVES AND FRIENDS WHILE COURT MARRIAGE TOOK PLACE ...BECAUSE THESE PICTURES GONNA SUPPORT UR APPLICATION
2...MARRIAGE PARTY ON THE WEEKEND ..INVITE UR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS AND UR HUSBAND RELATIVES AND FRIENDS ..TRY TO TAKE BEST SHOT PICTURES IN GROUP AND WITH UR HUBBY..BECAUSE THIS ALSO GONNA SUPPORT UR APPLICATION
3...MAKE JOINT BANK ACCOUNT
4...MAKE JOINT INSURANCE POLICY
5...GO FOR MEDICAL
6...GO FOR RCMP FINGER PRINT ELECTRONICALLY
7...MAKE SURE U AND UR HUBBY MUST HAVE SAME MAILING ADDRESS IN CANADA
8....FILL UP THE INLAND APPLICATION FORM AND ATTACHED ALL THIS DOCUMENTS WITH UR APPLICATION AND TRY TO PAID UP FRONT ALL FEES ...$550 APPLICATION AND ANOTHER $490 FOR PR ALL TOGETHER $1040......U CAN FILED OPEN WORK PERMIT WITH UR APPLICATION ALSO AND U HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER 150 BUCKS EXTRA FOR UR OWP.....GOOD LUCK

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Cruz said:
AND UR HUSBAND HAVE TO ATTACHED HIS ....1......HIS WORK LETTER
....2.. HIS NEW PAY SLIPS
.....3....INCOME TAX
.....4...PR CARD COPY
.....5...LANDING PAPER COPY
....6 ..BANK ACCOUNTS COPIES
IN BOTH MESSAGES I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE YOU BEST INFORMATION .
TRY TO TAKE MORE PICTURES IN THE COURT WITH RELATIVES AND FRIENDS AND AFTER THAT ON MARRIAGE PARTY ALSO.. GOOD LUCK

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
HARMIN said:
u can apply for open work permit together with ur inland pr application ..
CIC changed the rules, so you can no longer apply for OWP along with inland app. You need to wait for AIP/stage 1 approval, then apply for OWP.

6...GO FOR RCMP FINGER PRINT ELECTRONICALLY
An applicant does NOT need to include RCMP police report with the app. You only need to do this if CIC specifically asks for it.

....2.. HIS NEW PAY SLIPS 6 ..BANK ACCOUNTS COPIES
The sponsor does NOT need to include pay slips or bank account info. Sponsor needs to include what's in the cheklist, which is the Option C printout from CRA and an employer letter.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Cruz said:
Hi Im new here and from the Philippines..my fiance is a permanent resident in Regina, Sask. We plan to get married there on May after I visit my sister in BC. My concern is I am traveling with my family and they hold a multiple entry visa as wel butl they are a little worried that there will be a problem if we get married and not come back with them since we want to apply for INLAND process. What are the best options? Can someone help :( Thank yoU!!God bless!
There is no problem if you don't travel with your family.

If you apply inland, you can remain in Canada during the entire processing time. But you are not supposed to leave at all. With inland app you would be eligible for open work permit after AIP, which is around 10-11 months time. Full PR would then be up to 8 months after that.

If you apply outland it would be through the Manila office. With outland app you can come and go from Canada as you please. You would need to make sure you have valid status in Canada (like visitor permit) in order to stay here. If your status ran out and you couldnt extend it, you would need to leave Canada to wait out the processing. An outland app through Manila usually takes around 1 years time.

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
Hi! I'm also in a similar situation and need suggestions whether to go for inland or outland.

Here are some details:
-My boyfriend and I are planning to get married in Canada this October.
-We have been in a serious relationship for 5 years now and have been in a long distance relationship since December 2012.
-He's a permanent resident of Canada (came from the Philippines) and I'm an American citizen (was born in the US to Filipino parents then moved back to the Philippines when I was 3 yo and relocated to New York last 2013)
- I visited him twice already and the LDR is killing us both.. :'(

For the longest time, we were planning to go for outland since we can both work and save some money as opposed to inland. Now that we're planning to get married, it feels SO much harder to part ways after the wedding and the idea of inland is becoming more appealing to the both of us (just because we can be together sooner and we dont have to experience those heartbreaking goodbyes at the airport anymore).

From what I've been reading here, if we go for inland we can apply for an OWP after AOR of stage 1 which is already 6 months then add a few more months for the OWP to be approved, right? That could add up to almost a year without work!

Will we encounter any problems if we go for outland even though I'll stay in Canada after our wedding? Do I have to go back to the US to mail an outland application? I'm pretty sure we have no red flags in our application.

Will appreciate any help and advice. Thanks so much! =) =)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Rob_TO said:
There is no problem if you don't travel with your family.

If you apply inland, you can remain in Canada during the entire processing time. But you are not supposed to leave at all. With inland app you would be eligible for open work permit after AIP, which is around 10-11 months time. Full PR would then be up to 8 months after that.

If you apply outland it would be through the Manila office. With outland app you can come and go from Canada as you please. You would need to make sure you have valid status in Canada (like visitor permit) in order to stay here. If your status ran out and you couldnt extend it, you would need to leave Canada to wait out the processing. An outland app through Manila usually takes around 1 years time.
[/quote...ROB_TO ...I JUST TELL HER WHAT I DID ..I FOLLOW MY LAWYER ADVISE ...MY LAWYER SEND EVERYTHING TOGETHER WITH TONS OF PROOF AND PICTURES ..EVEN MEDICAL AND RCMP ALSO ...I PAID UP FRONT ALL FEES AND WE SEND THE OWP ALSO TOGETHER IN JULY2013 AND I PAY 150 FOR OWP ...I HAVE NO IDEA IF THERE GOT CHANGES ..BY THE WAY THANKS FOR UPDATES

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Rob_TO said:
CIC changed the rules, so you can no longer apply for OWP along with inland app. You need to wait for AIP/stage 1 approval, then apply for OWP.

An applicant does NOT need to include RCMP police report with the app. You only need to do this if CIC specifically asks for it.

The sponsor does NOT need to include pay slips or bank account info. Sponsor needs to include what's in the cheklist, which is the Option C printout from CRA and an employer letter.
ROB_TO ...I JUST TELL HER WHAT I DID ..I FOLLOW MY LAWYER ADVISE ...MY LAWYER SEND EVERYTHING TOGETHER WITH TONS OF PROOF AND PICTURES ..EVEN MEDICAL AND RCMP ALSO ...I PAID UP FRONT ALL FEES AND WE SEND THE OWP ALSO TOGETHER IN JULY2013 AND I PAY 150 FOR OWP ...I HAVE NO IDEA IF THERE GOT CHANGES ..BY THE WAY THANKS FOR UPDATES
AND NOW CIC PROCESSING TIME FOR FIRST STAGE IS 9 MONTH AND SECOND STAGE 8 MONTHS BUT MANY PEOPLE GETTING THEIR AIP AND DM TOGETHER WITH IN FIRST 10 MONTHS ....CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ...