Doc's Request.
13/07/2010
AOR Received.
26/07/2011
Med's Done....
15/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
I am in the process of sponsoring my wife to come to Canada. I am wondering what is usually the fastest route. For me to apply in Canada or wait until I go to Manila in March.

I will be staying in The Philippines until my wife receives her visa.

How long is typical?

Thanks in advance.

Sure glad I stumbled upon this forum.

Darren

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland and Outland are actually different types of applications and have really nothing to do with where you are located when you apply. Inland is only possible if your wife is in Canada when you apply but Outland can be used regardless of where she is. Inland applications are processed in Canada and outland are processed in the country of nationality or country of residence of the person being sponsored.

If you are a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor. If you are a citizen, you can be where you want but make sure that you have somebody picking up your mail in Canada in case immigration tries to get in touch with you.

fxyorky

Feb 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/2011
Doc's Request.
13/07/2010
AOR Received.
26/07/2011
Med's Done....
15/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
Many thanks for the clear explanations.

AdSh

Sep 1, 2009
Outland normal processing time 6 months. Inland longer. See my timeline for outland processing below.

visa finally!!! Thank You Heavenly Father
(5 months 28 days)
Aug 17 = Received application
Sept 15 = Approve as sponsor, application forwarded to Manila
Sept 28 = Application in process in Manila send AOR
Oct 5 = ECAS in process (after a week from manila received application)
Oct 6 = AOR and PPR – sent passport, CENOMAR and personal history same day
Oct 19 = noted my address in ECAS (after a week from sending the embassy my passport)
Nov 3= sent request for correction/edit address in ECAS
Nov 9= noted correction/edit address made in ECAS (after a week from request for change)
Nov 9= Hubby emails manila thanking for prompt response, inquiring if correspondence were sent during period of incorrect address.
Nov 17= Hubby emails MP for assistance, Follow-up Nov 23.
Nov 27; MP said that case is queued for review
Dec 3; Sent Advisory of Marriage
Jan 12 = emailed manila mission seeking update on case NO RESPONSE.
Jan 26 = Requested help from MP – MP said to follow up end of Feb
Feb 15 = DM Praise God!

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
Leon said:
Inland and Outland are actually different types of applications and have really nothing to do with where you are located when you apply. Inland is only possible if your wife is in Canada when you apply but Outland can be used regardless of where she is. Inland applications are processed in Canada and outland are processed in the country of nationality or country of residence of the person being sponsored.

If you are a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor. If you are a citizen, you can be where you want but make sure that you have somebody picking up your mail in Canada in case immigration tries to get in touch with you.
leon

how bout your just going for a vacation for ex. 2 months and will get back here in canada, you said If you are a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor, can i still sponsor my husband while Im in vacation? Im planning to go back home on July-September and Marry my boyfriend and while im still in Philippines I want to send the application forms before I go back here in canada.

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A vacation in Canada is not 2 months, it's 2 weeks. If they find out that you are not in Canada, they will refuse based on that.

How might they find out you are not in Canada you may ask. For example, maybe you mail the documents from the Philippines and they see it on the postage stamp. Or maybe they try to contact you at your Canadian address/ phone number and you do not respond because you are not there etc.

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
Leon said:
A vacation in Canada is not 2 months, it's 2 weeks. If they find out that you are not in Canada, they will refuse based on that.

How might they find out you are not in Canada you may ask. For example, maybe you mail the documents from the Philippines and they see it on the postage stamp. Or maybe they try to contact you at your Canadian address/ phone number and you do not respond because you are not there etc.

thanks leon :D :D :D

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
filipina said:
leon

how bout your just going for a vacation for ex. 2 months and will get back here in canada, you said If you are a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor, can i still sponsor my husband while Im in vacation? Im planning to go back home on July-September and Marry my boyfriend and while im still in Philippines I want to send the application forms before I go back here in canada.

thanks
filipina..

re: 2 months vacation/ getting married; You can't send PR apps from the Philippines bec you have to wait for your MC copy from NSO. it usually take 3months before NSO can release it. So, i would suggest to fill up all Forms, come back to Canada and
send it from here. regards

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
djredeyes said:
filipina..

re: 2 months vacation/ getting married; You can't send PR apps from the Philippines bec you have to wait for your MC copy from NSO. it usually take 3months before NSO can release it. So, i would suggest to fill up all Forms, come back to Canada and
send it from here. regards

hi dj

i know but my mom has connection with NSO so we can get MC in just a week... but anyweiz tnx :)