+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland medical vs outland

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
hi i was wondering if anyone could help me out. My partner and i just recently made the decision that we are going to apply for pr outland and i already got the medical done here in canada and gave the doctors the in-canada application because i thought we were going to stay inland and apply but we switched our minds.... Does anyone know if thats going to make a difference? Thanks to anyone who can help me out

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
i dont know that answer but i saw where that happened to someone else also and they were informed to call the doctor asap and tell them, before they send the medicals off to ottawa.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Hi - I'm not sure what to do? I am doing out-land application in Buffalo NY. I did the Medical in the US and I have already sent my application to Mississauga for the sponsorship approval. I just recently noticed (after I applied) that the Dr's office had sent my Medical to Ottawa and not Buffalo. I can't see why this would be an issue - other than maybe add some time to the application process. Any thoughts on that?

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
See I think they might just go to ottawa no matter what. But i dont know either. Im going to call and see tomorrow what the difference is. Because I dont see why it would matter if we got them done inland or outland beings they all ask for the same information. But ill post more info on it once i call them.

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
It shouldn't be a problem even if the medical results go to Ottawa - the consulate that processes your application should be able to download them from there.

(I know because I'm doing outland too but my medicals were mistakenly sent to Ottawa instead of Singapore. When I spoke to the Sydney consulate they told me not to worry, they could see my medicals in the system and would download them when ready - and just two weeks later they did just that.)

Hope that helps.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
all medicals goto ottawa, its the central hub so to speak, regional medical office i think they call it, once the processing office is ready for the results they will send for them, thus the remark MEDICALS RECEIVED.