+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland-Landing Interview with Charge in the past

hieprock

Sep 7, 2018
Hello guys

I’ve applied for Permanent Residence under Spousal Sponsorship in Sep 2018

I’d like to explain a little bit about my background.

I was an international student in Toronto and got married in 2018 after graduation. My wife is Canadian and I apply for PR after our marriage wedding.
In 2014 ,I got involve into a problem and was charge with Minor Assault and got Absolute Discharge after all. My criminal record was automatically purged after a year (2015) according to the law. I applied to destroy my fingerprints,photograph & info and everything was destroyed in 2016,I got 2 Confirmation Letter from RCMP and Toronto Police which indicate everything was destroyed and my name is not related to any crimes.

I have explain and tell IRCC every single detail of my charge & absolute discharge when I applied for PR as well as the previous times when I applied to renew Study Permit,Work Permit

Today I got a Landing Interview email from IRCC which says we’re scheduled for an interview this Saturday in Etobicoke. It requires to bring photos,2 pcs of ID,pay PR fee 490$,etc...

My friends told me the questions they were asked at landing interview and one of them was
• “Have you ever been charged or convicted in the past?”
OR
•”Have you ever committed in any crimes in the past?”

I believe I would have to say YES and explain to them every single detail again. I’m worried if I say YES ,would that affect the Final Decision?

Has anyone here ever had the same situation? I need your advices about a good to explain and heartily appreciate your help.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your PR has been approved, and if you disclosed all of this during your PR application, they already know about it and should have no problem. whatsoever with you answering the question honestly. If you are asked the question, just say "As I reported in my application, the following happened..."

Bring all the documents with you.