+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland landing interview question

ezra7018

Sep 18, 2019
When they complete the inland landing formalities... do they reject the one time entry or visa PR can I can I use that visa to enter to Canada once I have done my inland landing. I have to travel 3 weeks after my inland landing interview, I don’t think they will give me PR card in weeks. So can I use the one time PR visa which is issue and I haven’t used (I assume) for coming back to Canada one time without PR card ?

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
When they complete the inland landing formalities... do they reject the one time entry or visa PR can I can I use that visa to enter to Canada once I have done my inland landing. I have to travel 3 weeks after my inland landing interview, I don’t think they will give me PR card in weeks. So can I use the one time PR visa which is issue and I haven’t used (I assume) for coming back to Canada one time without PR card ?
In three weeks,
you should be getting PR card.
Have already done landing? You could ask officer during landing interview. I guess that one time (presumably you had) should have been used during landing or if you are inland; they may not have stamped that.
Alternatively, you could chose alternative landing that is flagpoling type i.e. you travel and when return you do landing.

ezra7018

Sep 18, 2019
See the things is I know nowadays timeline is 14 days for PR card but I am not sure I can take the risk of going India without a PR card
My situation is we have got PPR in this month. But we already had a trip, planned for India in October for my husband and in December for me. Right now both of us are in Canada with a valid Canadian visa until 2020. Most likely when my husband will come back from his trip to India it will be in 2nd week of November, he will get his COPR signed and stamped and only after that I can schedule for my interview.
And my trip is in the 2nd week of December. So I will only have a 3-week window if I want to get it done before travelling.
Let me know if there is any other way in which I can get PR before going to India without rescheduling our trips.

Thanks

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
See the things is I know nowadays timeline is 14 days for PR card but I am not sure I can take the risk of going India without a PR card
My situation is we have got PPR in this month. But we already had a trip, planned for India in October for my husband and in December for me. Right now both of us are in Canada with a valid Canadian visa until 2020. Most likely when my husband will come back from his trip to India it will be in 2nd week of November, he will get his COPR signed and stamped and only after that I can schedule for my interview.
And my trip is in the 2nd week of December. So I will only have a 3-week window if I want to get it done before travelling.
Let me know if there is any other way in which I can get PR before going to India without rescheduling our trips.

Thanks
Well, if your priority is to travel and don't want to risk.
Then you should just go out of the country and come back within the timeframe/alidity of your COPR i.e. before it expires.
However, if you are given landing interview, you must consult IRCC and ask for the alternative landing. If you had PPR and have COPR - then I think you are good to go.

During inland interview - they will not give you visa.

They will give COPR paper which is used to acquire SIN, update/renew health insurance and so on. However, that's not valid for travel though.

Last edited:

ijeevan

Nov 17, 2019
I do not have US visa. I received my COPR and emailed IRCC for inland appointment. Still no response. Does anyone know if Flag polling will impact your US visa history?
I live in Mississauga.

bobbyjc

Jun 1, 2015
I do not have US visa. I received my COPR and emailed IRCC for inland appointment. Still no response. Does anyone know if Flag polling will impact your US visa history?
I live in Mississauga.
US border does not need your US visa if you are landing. But you need to go there very early in the morning (if you are going to rainbow bridge).

Reactions: ijeevan
Aug 10, 2019
Hey there, what exactly is the TEMPORARY STATUS EXPIRY DATE? Is this the expiry date of the PR visa they sent back or of the work permit or of the Temporary Resident Visa? I'm confused.

sakthi1984

Jun 6, 2019
Hey, just like you, I got my CoPR this week. I went to the IRCC at 1025 St Jacques today (Friday, April 5th) without an appointment and they've finalized it for me!! They close at 4pm, I got there at around 3:30 and was out in about 20 minutes or so. You have to bring you work permit (or watherver permit you're on), CSQ and passport (I believe that's all I needed-can't remember anymore, tho I did bring all my documents with me just in case lol).

I hope this helps. Goodluck!!
Hi @raymontepires I have query for inland landing in Montreal. Anyone can do inland landing in montreal without appointment ? I am from Toronto and just wanted to check if I can do landing in MOntreal without appointment.

skrmenon

Dec 13, 2017
Hi All, I have received appointment for inland landing interview for this thursday at Hamilton office. Once i received the CoPR, i called the number and waited for a long time and the system gave me an option to leave my number and call back. I got a call in 30-45 mins and requested for the same. They said they will send an email to Hamilton office and request and the waiting time is 2 - 6 weeks to get a response. We got the response with the scheduled interview date. Hoping for the best. I'm taking work permit, copr's, passports, pictures, and proof of funds and receipt of payment for the PR (i had paid the fees upfront at the application stage). Do i need to take more documents with me ?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi All, I have received appointment for inland landing interview for this thursday at Hamilton office. Once i received the CoPR, i called the number and waited for a long time and the system gave me an option to leave my number and call back. I got a call in 30-45 mins and requested for the same. They said they will send an email to Hamilton office and request and the waiting time is 2 - 6 weeks to get a response. We got the response with the scheduled interview date. Hoping for the best. I'm taking work permit, copr's, passports, pictures, and proof of funds and receipt of payment for the PR (i had paid the fees upfront at the application stage). Do i need to take more documents with me ?
Carry any Canadian ID proof, just in case. My address was not updated on their system and they asked for my driving license to verify my address.

Jan 22, 2020
Hello, when did you make the appointment? Just want to know the wait time for the appointment. Thanks!

Jan 22, 2020
Did you get a reply yet? if yes, how long did it take?
I got a reply after 4 days, but this was only for transferring the email from the IRCC office to local office. Better to make a phone call to IRCC agent and book the appointment. By doing this, I received a reply the next day after phone call, and got landing interview booked one week after.

Reactions: taher.bayadwala

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
I got a reply after 4 days, but this was only for transferring the email from the IRCC office to local office. Better to make a phone call to IRCC agent and book the appointment. By doing this, I received a reply the next day after phone call, and got landing interview booked one week after.
Which IRCC number did u call the IRCC agent?

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
Hi - this is for anyone who applied for PR inland and called Immigration to book their interview in the Etobicoke office. when they sent you an appointment date was this a phone call, email or mail? Thanks!
I landed 2 weeks ago but they didn't give me back my passport . afraid that get lost !!!! cant find any way to call them any idea?