+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

ileo

Sep 11, 2019
Hi, we have an appointment soon and wanted to ask if anyone has had any issues with or experiences using a BCID/Driver's License with an ICBC "Change of Address Sticker" for confirming address?

It's the one the ICBC office gives you when you update your address. They don't replace the card's unfortunately unless you lose it or something.

Our addresses are all updated with ICBC and we have other proof of address like bank statements.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Hi, we have an appointment soon and wanted to ask if anyone has had any issues with or experiences using a BCID/Driver's License with an ICBC "Change of Address Sticker" for confirming address?

It's the one the ICBC office gives you when you update your address. They don't replace the card's unfortunately unless you lose it or something.

Our addresses are all updated with ICBC and we have other proof of address like bank statements.
Had our interview yesterday and used BCID with new address sticker. No problem at all. Just brought BC Hydro bill with new address in case they asked

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
No, it shouldn't go up. If you can share the amount, maybe we can help you figure it out, because they're set. You should be paying together as a family with your partner, though.
I am wondering does the MSP fee increase after you get your pr status? Mine got increased and I don’t know why. I need to pay more for the medical insurance every month.
In BC, MSP premiums will be eliminated January 2020. Any outstanding premiums will still be owed.

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Hi, i booked an interview with cic for copr but then its been almost 3 months and i didn't receive any response yet so , i just crossed the border since i have my us visa and landed as pr already.
My question is do i have to cancel the booked interview without schedule to cic?

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I consulted this forum many times during my process, and gratefully I always find useful information. I would like to thank you all for sharing.
Now that my process is almost over, I would like to share with you my timeline:

Inland Spousal sponsorship.

Mar 13. 2018 - application arrived at Mississauga processing centre
Jun 26. 2018 - OWP approved (for 2 years) on myCIC account
July 3. 2018 - OWP received from the mailbox
Sep 3rd, 2018 - Medical Exam requested
Sep 29th, 2018 - Medical reports submitted (for myself in Canada and my son in Vietnam).
Nov 10, 2018 - Medical Exam Passed, Background Check begins
Jan 10, 2019 - Request new Police certificate
Feb 5th, 2019 - Police certificate submitted
March 11, 2019 - Email saying both my common-law partner and I are eligible to sponsor/ apply for PR
March 13, 2019 - Request my partner to pay for Permanent residence fee (which we already paid, which my partner paid again anyways)
May, 2019 - I requested the refund.
August, 2019 - Refund sent to us
Sep 3rd, 2019: Request medical check for my son again because "the medical report will be expired before we finish the process"
Sep 10th, 2019: second medical report for my son was submitted.
From March to September 15, 2019: status on myCIC account stayed the same: we are conducting background check. Additional document required. Please submit. (this additional document meant the police report, which I submitted months ago)
Sep 16, 2019 - DM letter received.
Sep 20, 2019 - Interview appointment letter received. DM status got updated on myCIC
Oct 5th, 2019 - attended interview, granted PR status document. PR card will be sent home in 2-4 weeks.

Tips: I put in requests via webform platform a lot as myCIC account didn't get updated properly. later I learnt everytime you call/ send in update request, they have to put that communication in to your case's note, and that helps if your application falls behind the estimated schedule.

However, my son is living in Vietnam will have to wait for Visa office in Vietnam to get his visa stamped to land in Canada. Anybody knows how long this step will take?

Thanks and cheers,
Selene

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
So our landing interview was supposed to be tomorrow but some idiot crashed into the Vancouver office while trying to park so it's been rescheduled to the 25th.

Definitely a cool and not at all frustrating thing.

Reactions: k.h.p.

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
So our landing interview was supposed to be tomorrow but some idiot crashed into the Vancouver office while trying to park so it's been rescheduled to the 25th.

Definitely a cool and not at all frustrating thing.
Mine as well cancelled. I can't believe it !!!! However I haven't yet received new appointment. They rescheduled yours right away?

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Mine as well cancelled. I can't believe it !!!! However I haven't yet received new appointment. They rescheduled yours right away?
No, they phoned us the day before saying it was cancelled and that it would probably be rebooked for the 25th, but we haven't received a new email. They did say no one was allowed into the building for 2 days, so maybe we'll get an email today or tomorrow?

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
No, they phoned us the day before saying it was cancelled and that it would probably be rebooked for the 25th, but we haven't received a new email. They did say no one was allowed into the building for 2 days, so maybe we'll get an email today or tomorrow?
Yeah, hopefully. They called me too and said that they will send an email for a new appointment. No date was mentioned. I couldn't believe it had happened. I have been waiting so long and bumm someone landed before us in other way...

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Yeah, hopefully. They called me too and said that they will send an email for a new appointment. No date was mentioned. I couldn't believe it had happened. I have been waiting so long and bumm someone landed before us in other way...
Yeah, we both booked time off work for this and were looking forward to it, especially since we had to reschedule from our original date already (Sept. 27th); now we'll be waiting a whole month from our original date.

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Yeah, we both booked time off work for this and were looking forward to it, especially since we had to reschedule from our original date already (Sept. 27th); now we'll be waiting a whole month from our original date.
It's like never ending. Let me know if you have new date, please.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
So sorry to hear that guys. I was just there last Thursday and saw this on the news. I was like omg I was there! I hope everything goes smoothly for you

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
So sorry to hear that guys. I was just there last Thursday and saw this on the news. I was like omg I was there! I hope everything goes smoothly for you
Can you believe it? Thanks though! Now I have a new appointment, hopefully no one is going to ruin that day.