+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Got our interview date today! August 30th at 8:30am.

Does anyone know if traveling to the USA immediately after this interview is okay? I know they take your work permit, but you don't get your PR card for a while yet. We've planned a trip to Portland leaving the afternoon of August 30. Obviously this far out, it can still be canceled.
You can travel to the US right after, however, you can only travel using a private vehicle, meaning you cannot fly or take the train, or even rent a car.

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
You can travel to the US right after, however, you can only travel using a private vehicle, meaning you cannot fly or take the train, or even rent a car.
Okay phew! That's what we're doing - just a little road trip to Portland in our own vehicle. Thank you for the info!

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Update

Got a landing letter on July 26th. Today I received the interview appointment.

App received: Jan 25th
DM: July 22
Landing/DM Letter: July 26
Invitation for Landing interview: Aug 16
Appointment COPR: Aug 29

Good luck guys!

Waited for 3 weeks to get an interview in Vancouver

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Update

Got a landing letter on July 26th. Today I received the interview appointment.

App received: Jan 25th
DM: July 22
Landing/DM Letter: July 26
Invitation for Landing interview: Aug 16
Appointment COPR: Aug 29

Good luck guys!

Waited for 3 weeks to get an interview in Vancouver
Oh G! Why it's so fast, i've been waiting for almost 7 weeks

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Oh G! Why it's so fast, i've been waiting for almost 7 weeks
I dont know actually i was expecting to get the invitation on Aug 26 and the appointment would be 2nd week of September. But i just got lucky and thank god I was! Someone had share a contact details where you can make a follow up

Im sure you would be getting yours very soon. All the best!

Palindrome

Apr 5, 2019
Hey guys,

I was wondering if all expired work and study permits are required for the landing interview. I have been in Canada since 2011 and I cannot find an old expired study permit from 2014.

Please advise.

Joeshu

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi, my questions
1.how early we are allowed to enter before scheduled time for Vancouver landing interview ???(timing is 1pm,, can they allow us at about 11am??)
2.they have asked for rprf proof. I have total summed up receipt. is it sufficient ? (means I have receipt for total 2230 dollars for two adults and one child. But rprf paid is not mentioned in the receipt).
Is this is the receipt they want to see??
3.do we have to bring a prepaid postal envelope for pr card ?
4.any other special instructions from yours side, please suggest for the day of interview.
Thanks in advance

Eisuk

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Got no ghost update before landing appointment email. It was out of nowhere. Did not even know that the decision was made.

AOR 5th of May 2019, landing appointment scheduled on 29/08.
Got an email on 16/08 with scheduled date within 2 weeks. Didnt expect some applicants have to call or email for schedule date themselves or wait weeks to get another email from IRCC with appointed time...

Last edited:

Palindrome

Apr 5, 2019
I was wondering the same thing but it states in the letter

Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records
Can you please confirm if you had to present all expired work permits and study permits?

Palindrome

Apr 5, 2019
@E.R.Z784,

I was wondering if all expired work and study permits are required for the landing interview. I have been in Canada since 2011 and I cannot find an old expired study permit from 2014. What option do I have?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: Khadakarle

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
@E.R.Z784,

I was wondering if all expired work and study permits are required for the landing interview. I have been in Canada since 2011 and I cannot find an old expired study permit from 2014. What option do I have?

Not really. They will ask for your passport, 2 photographs, ask for another ID(drivers license, work permit, study permit, sin number). I believe it is for the verification of address. I gave my driver's license, but the address on my license was not updated. She just asked me my address. It was already updated in my application. You should take all the documents issued by ircc(such as proof of payment on this application, landing interview letter/email, and other documents if any on your cic account). You don't need anything else. I took only my passport, photos, drivers license, and the proof of payment and landing interview email

Khadakarle

Mar 22, 2019
App. Filed.......
08-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
@E.R.Z784,

I was in a same boat, been here since 2011 and couldn't find one my study permits before my interview in May. However, the only reason they ask for it so that they can stamp it "Voided". You can bring whatever you have and they'll just void it. No issues at all.

Good Luck!