Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018
Got my landing letter today by email!

DM was June 28
Inland application August 20.

My interview is set for August 15!

I do have a couple of things I'm wondering about:
Can we bring our kids? We don't have anyone to watch them and it says "Due to space limitations, only individuals and their sponsors (if applicable), along with required interpreters, with a scheduled appointment will be admitted into the building upon presentation of valid ID at the door."

Also, they need our pas work/study visas but one of them I don't have.
And, I don't know the exact date of my first entry to Canada, I was 16 and a tourist!

Help?

Reactions: BR_ESL and HFL2018

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Got my landing letter today by email!

DM was June 28
Inland application August 20.

My interview is set for August 15!

Can we bring our kids? We don't have anyone to watch them and it says "Due to space limitations, only individuals and their sponsors (if applicable), along with required interpreters, with a scheduled appointment will be admitted into the building upon presentation of valid ID at the door."

And, I don't know the exact date of my first entry to Canada, I was 16 and a tourist!

Help?
Just had my interview in Vancouver today. Are your kids part of the application? I actually saw about 3 families there and there is a serious space constraint as a lot of applicants were standing. But the officers are extremely nice and would try to be as fast as possible. What was requested at the door was the interview notification letter and no means of ID requested ( don’t know if it’s the norm).

They requested for all my past permits, cancelled them and gave them back to me.

For the exact day, the officer quoted a day for me which was wrong and I correct him since I knew the date.

Don’t know if anyone has had a different experience.

PS: you could easily get parking right infront of the office. And the whole process takes about 25 mins max.

Hope this helps.

Vibuuu

May 28, 2019
My file is in van office.
I got 3 ghost update in 3 consecutive days (including today), Is this a good sigh ????

ECAS still show "In process" ...

When can I get DM ???
Hi , My file is also in Vancouver. I got ghost update yesterday and today I got pre arrival letter.

mollyroxy

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all, I am a January 2019 applicant and just received my landing interview letter today for mid august.

However its scheduled at 7pm,would this be correct and has anyone had an interview this late?
I thought being a government office that this would be far too late and maybe its a typo.

But I'm thinking/hoping that it'd be pretty difficult for a typo to be made on this letter though right?

sector7g

Sep 2, 2018

Help?
When we were there, there were lots of kids in the office. It was pretty busy but fairly casual/relaxed.

I also had the same issue remembering when I first came to Canada because it was so long ago but I was told at the interview that they are only interested in when you actually started living in Canada not as a tourist. For me, it was my study permit date.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hi everyone I got a letter that states my "PR application has been completed and the Vancouver immigration will arrange an appointment to finalize my PR" I got this letter on July 26.

Does anyone know how long do I need to wait for the appointment letter? And what it looks like? I am in Vancouver.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone I got a letter that states my "PR application has been completed and the Vancouver immigration will arrange an appointment to finalize my PR" I got this letter on July 26.

Does anyone know how long do I need to wait for the appointment letter? And what it looks like? I am in Vancouver.
congrats just wondering when was the DM made ? for me it took exactly one month to get a date for the interview ...my interview is scheduled on Aug 13/2019

Last edited:

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
congrats just wondering when was the DM made ? for me it took exactly one month to get a date for the interview ...
Below is my timeline: (I will indicate only those that are important stages)

Jan 25: Application Received
Mar 14: AOR
Mar 20: Medical Request
May 21: Background Check
June 27: Sponsor "DECISION MADE"
July 02: OWP Approved
July 08: OWP received in mail
July 18: Medical Passed
July 22: PR "Decision Made"
July 26: Letter stating that PR application has been completed and will be contacted by Vancouver Immigration

Waiting for the landing interview letter with time & date.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Below is my timeline: (I will indicate only those that are important stages)

Jan 25: Application Received
Mar 14: AOR
Mar 20: Medical Request
May 21: Background Check
June 27: Sponsor "DECISION MADE"
July 02: OWP Approved
July 08: OWP received in mail
July 18: Medical Passed
July 22: PR "Decision Made"
July 26: Letter stating that PR application has been completed and will be contacted by Vancouver Immigration

Waiting for the landing interview letter with time & date.
Since the DM is made on June 27/2019 you should get a date in 2 weeks time

Reactions: kristoph29

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Since the DM is made on June 27/2019 you should get a date in 2 weeks time
You must have overlooked on June 27th I only got DM on one side which is under the sponsor. Only after I completed all my medicals when I got Decision made under PR.

So it was July 22 when I got DM on both sides.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
You must have overlooked on June 27th I only got DM on one side which is under the sponsor. Only after I completed all my medicals when I got Decision made under PR.

So it was July 22 when I got DM on both sides.
Oh ok so i guess you should get a email by end of Aug 2019 and you should get a date in Sep 2019, its normally taking 4 to 5 weeks..

Reactions: kristoph29

shergill7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Just had my interview in Vancouver today. Are your kids part of the application? I actually saw about 3 families there and there is a serious space constraint as a lot of applicants were standing. But the officers are extremely nice and would try to be as fast as possible. What was requested at the door was the interview notification letter and no means of ID requested ( don’t know if it’s the norm).

They requested for all my past permits, cancelled them and gave them back to me.

For the exact day, the officer quoted a day for me which was wrong and I correct him since I knew the date.

Don’t know if anyone has had a different experience.

PS: you could easily get parking right infront of the office. And the whole process takes about 25 mins max.

Hope this helps.
Same here same day as you ,now waiting for pr card,its been a week now

Reactions: HFL2018