+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Gizelles

Jun 25, 2019
I called CIC they told me Vancouver has one office for interview while other provinces has 2 or more that’s why waiting for interview takes 3 month l got my DM on May 17 2019 and still waiting for landing good luck everyone hope we get our interview soon.

Shab_2003

Oct 5, 2016
Any landing invitation today from Vancouver office?
I received an email saying that there are no dates for June and they will schedule us sometime in July. Our travel plans are down the drain and we have lost so much money in cancellation. Wonder why the various departments in CIC are not synced. They shouldn't had requested for my passport to stamp TRV is they were scheduling my Landing interview. Extremely frustrated and annoyed with the system now.

Has anyone received any response for re-scheduling their interview in Vancouver Visa Office??? Please respond.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Start of the rant:

To eliminate landing at the borders, these geniuses came up with landing at the offices. Because the previous genius system had such stupid cases of someone already in Canada having to land.

If they went a step further and asked themselves why they need this landing step? It's the stupidest thing in my opinion. Just make it like permits, approved application = automatic PR card (even better to send a paper like a SIN number and just make it so border control can easily check each person's status, we live in freaking 21st century with internet everywhere!).

It's all for just to ask for the last time if anything changed. For God's sake, they did even let in murderers.
End of the rant.

Reactions: Kenvinal

Paras779

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Yes, common-law spouse sponsorship.
Nice. I got a DM yesterday on ECAS. Now waiting for landing interview. Lets hope for the best.

Did u get any letter after getting DM that its been approved? If so, how long did it took for the letter or email to come?

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I’m a bit concerned that so many of us have DM on ECAS but no DM letters. Do they just not send DM letters to Vancouver applicants? Surely they must... especially since landing letters take months...

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
I’m a bit concerned that so many of us have DM on ECAS but no DM letters. Do they just not send DM letters to Vancouver applicants? Surely they must... especially since landing letters take months...
My DM letter came 8 weeks later in mail. Don't worry about it.

Paras779

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I got the email stating that applicant passed the eligibility and final decision has not been made. What does this mean? AP approval? When should I expect DM letter?

P.S - CPC missisauga

roots.it

May 22, 2019
Hi all,
last Friday I received an email that my interview was scheduled for July 15. Unfortunately I'll be visiting my family in Italy and so I sent an email to reschedule. Today they replied that the interview will be rescheduled some time in September-October. Well it's a bit of a wait, but such is life I thought. Then I started reading about other people's rescheduling experiences on Canada Visa and now I'm panicking because people say that leaving the country is in violation of the inland sponsorship rules as you should live together in Canada all the time from application to landing. So they might refuse to grant the PR and we might have to restart from scratch.
Is this rule to be interpreted so literally?? My sponsor (partner) and I have already left Canada for holidays twice since we applied. We spend most of our holidays together, but because our families live in two different countries and I have more vacation than him, I normally leave earlier and come back later. This time for instance I will be away for three weeks and he'll be away for two weeks, of which we'll spend 10 days together. Should I be worried about that?? Should we bring proof that we actually spend our holidays together even if we leave on different planes? Any thought? Thanks!

Reactions: missjang

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi all,
last Friday I received an email that my interview was scheduled for July 15. Unfortunately I'll be visiting my family in Italy and so I sent an email to reschedule. Today they replied that the interview will be rescheduled some time in September-October. Well it's a bit of a wait, but such is life I thought. Then I started reading about other people's rescheduling experiences on Canada Visa and now I'm panicking because people say that leaving the country is in violation of the inland sponsorship rules as you should live together in Canada all the time from application to landing. So they might refuse to grant the PR and we might have to restart from scratch.
Is this rule to be interpreted so literally?? My sponsor (partner) and I have already left Canada for holidays twice since we applied. We spend most of our holidays together, but because our families live in two different countries and I have more vacation than him, I normally leave earlier and come back later. This time for instance I will be away for three weeks and he'll be away for two weeks, of which we'll spend 10 days together. Should I be worried about that?? Should we bring proof that we actually spend our holidays together even if we leave on different planes? Any thought? Thanks!
In my opinion, there’s no reason to worry. Many people on these forums make a huge deal out of immigration laws and they take things too literally. Just because you’re living in Canada, it doesn’t mean you can’t go on a vacation abroad. Especially since your spouse is going to be with you!

Reactions: BR_ESL

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all,
Don't worry about it.
Everyone that comes to Canada and is not a PR has a risk of being denied for not meeting the entry requirements.
You have your papers and have legal status so you are just fine. Keep your papers with you in case of questions (I always had them but never needed.)
I left and returned twice and everything was fine. I have OWP and eTA.
Have a nice trip!