+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Interesting to see that when I did my landing at 10 last Friday it was quite empty. I think the IRCC scheduled the appointments evenly... Was it because a lot of refugee claimants were there at 9AM waiting for the door to open?
Not sure to be honest. Most refugee claimants would be from the Middle East or Africa I think and I didn't really notice anything in that regard.

Maybe they are starting to book more appointments than they can really handle to clear the backlog.

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I landed yesterday as well! I got called around 20 min after my appointment time. It's quite busy in the landing office.
I got my SIN this morning and linked my PR card to my GCKey.

AOR June 4, 2018
DM on ECAS March 2, 2019
never received DM letter
Landing interview letter May 14
Landed May 27

Hope everyone have good news soon!!

How do you link your PR card to GCKey?

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
  1. Log in to your MyCIC/GCKey.
  2. Click on Add (link) your application to your account.
  3. Choose "Permanent Resident Card".
  4. Fill in the windows including the day that you became a PR. You may use the application number on the CoPR starting with R.
  5. Search the application and add.
I tried linking my pr card but no success :(.
Application number doesn't get recognized and I try just the UCI and family name it doesn't find anything.

Evican

Apr 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
28-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
29-05-2019
LANDED..........
29-05-2019
Became a PR at the Vancouver office yesterday! It was super busy, but once we were inside we probably waited about 30 mins. Got called up to the window and spoke to the officer who was an older gay gentleman with a piratey moustache. He was incredibly nice and loved us! I get the feeling that if you get him for processing it will take longer than 10 minutes because he just loves talking, haha.

I was also able to link my PR card to the gckey as soon as I got home. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their interview emails.

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Became a PR at the Vancouver office yesterday! It was super busy, but once we were inside we probably waited about 30 mins. Got called up to the window and spoke to the officer who was an older gay gentleman with a piratey moustache. He was incredibly nice and loved us! I get the feeling that if you get him for processing it will take longer than 10 minutes because he just loves talking, haha.

I was also able to link my PR card to the gckey as soon as I got home. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their interview emails.
Congratulations and good luck for your new journey in such a beautiful Country
Could you please share timeline after your application approval like it took how many days to got email from cic for landing interview after application approval?
Please share
Thanks

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi, Finally landed at Vancouver office on May 25th and became a Permanent Resident, they said that instructions for my spouse(in India) visa will be emailed to me within a week(cannot believe). Did anyone has same situation? I'm worried about how long it will take to get email.
I landed yeaterday, i was told kind of same that they will forward papers to new delhi visa office and they will process my spouse’s file. Any update on ur side??

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
Hi, i guess most of us already stayed in Canada for couple of years. Before, we didn't have sin to file tax, but now we have our own sin, should we need to file tax of 2018 or before? Because two years later, when we are applying the citizenship, we need three years of tax slip! So I am wondering if we should/could file 2018 that we still not yet a PR! understand my point?

Reactions: BR_ESL

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi, i guess most of us already stayed in Canada for couple of years. Before, we didn't have sin to file tax, but now we have our own sin, should we need to file tax of 2018 or before? Because two years later, when we are applying the citizenship, we need three years of tax slip! So I am wondering if we should/could file 2018 that we still not yet a PR! understand my point?
That's a good question and I believe one should start filing for taxes in the following year referring to the year they started to work in Canada. If you got your OWP in 2018 and made money last year you should file now.
I started to work in February/2019 so I will file for taxes next year in reference to 2019.
I don't know details about the process because in my family we have to send the T4 to the accountant.

I think having a SIN number is not what counts for filing, but whether you are making money or not. Please, someone, correct me if I am mistaken.

T4 is provided to you by your past or current employers from what I know.

Best,

Reactions: MKColin

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
That's a good question and I believe one should start filing for taxes in the following year referring to the year they started to work in Canada. If you got your OWP in 2018 and made money last year you should file now.
I started to work in February/2019 so I will file for taxes next year in reference to 2019.
I don't know details about the process because in my family we have to send the T4 to the accountant.

I think having a SIN number is not what counts for filing, but whether you are making money or not. Please, someone, correct me if I am mistaken.

T4 is provided to you by your past or current employers from what I know.

Best,
But as i heard from my neighbour, even housewife without job or earnings, still have to file tax. And if one has to file tax, one must have the sin number, we did not do that because when we try to file last year, the system asks for the sin number which we did not have that by that time. What I wonder is now we have the sin, should we file last year with the "new sin" we have now..a bit confuse

Reactions: BR_ESL

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Still nothing for me this week :(
Me too... It's been really hard not to hear anything. I called CIC last week and they said they are still on my background check which is made by the third party and maybe the reason why is taking so long... I just want to receive this letter and be PR ASAP!!!

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Me too... It's been really hard not to hear anything. I called CIC last week and they said they are still on my background check which is made by the third party and maybe the reason why is taking so long... I just want to receive this letter and be PR ASAP!!!
Once you receive your DM letter, aren't the background checks complete?