+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

juju2017

Aug 16, 2017
I did my landing interview yesterday. It was like 5-8 minutes and the only thing be asked was if I had any criminal charge in Canada or any other country and if I had been denied to entry Canada. I am a Permanent Resident now. Good luck to everyone
congratulations! Can I ask what time is your interview and how long you waited? Mine is at 2pm and I saw many people said their interview is in the morning and didnt wait for long to get called. Thank you!!

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
congratulations! Can I ask what time is your interview and how long you waited? Mine is at 2pm and I saw many people said their interview is in the morning and didnt wait for long to get called. Thank you!!
Mine was at 1pm. I got called at 1:10pm. So we didn't wait for a long time

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
GREAT NEWS GUYS! Just received my Landing Invitation earlier than I anticipated for June 6 at 10AM.

Last edited:

kevin_bc

May 24, 2019
Hello, my wife got the inland interview notice as well. However, she could not answer interview questions in English yet. Is anyone aware that if I can do the translation for her since I will be in the interview as well?

The interview notice mentioned about interpreter but don't know if the interpreter has be licensed.

I have sent this question to Vancouver CIC office by mail. No reply.

Thanks a lot

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hello, my wife got the inland interview notice as well. However, she could not answer interview questions in English yet. Is anyone aware that if I can do the translation for her since I will be in the interview as well?

The interview notice mentioned about interpreter but don't know if the interpreter has be licensed.

I have sent this question to Vancouver CIC office by mail. No reply.

Thanks a lot
Landed at Vancouver IRCC today. Honestly, the Commissionaire doesn't care even if the accompanying person is a translator at all...

I had my legal counsel (a student at law) with me. When we entered I literately just told them "he's my legal counsel" and the Commissionaire let him in without even asking for his ID...

Nevertheless, I think a family or friend who speaks the language should be reasonable. Just make sure they have their ID with them in case the Commissionaire needs it.

Reactions: Godsgrace1989

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Copy & Pasted from the H&C thread...

I officially became Canadian Permanent Resident today!

Gonna talk about the experience now...

I did it at IRCC Vancouver. I heard it is a busy office and I was literately preparing to spend the whole hour in there. But when we got there it was really just half full (consider the waiting area is even smaller than a conventional bus that's actually pretty impressive). The letter said "admission starts 10 mins before appointment" and "only the principal applicant and their interpreter are allowed" but it wasn't actually the case. We got admitted 15 min or so ahead and my legal counsel was also allowed to go in without even being checked for his id or bar membership. Only one couple landed before me and my name was called next like 10 mins after our arrival. The Immigration Officer is like one of the nicest you could ever get. He's a middle-aged guy and was really caring. He allowed my legal counsel to preside on the side as well (which isn't required by IRPA) and I was very very anxious due to my mental health issue and he was literately calming me down throughout the entire process. He kept saying "it's OK", "it's going to be a short process" etc. My counsel also helped me a lot. I thought I would have to be standing for the interview but there were seats and I was able to do it sat down. He first confirmed whether I have any travel plans in the next 2 months and asked for photos. The interesting thing is that they said they only need one photo as well and it will only be on the IRCC side copy of CoPR but not mine. I was worried it may look ugly but it looks like I was worrying too much. Then confirmed my biometrics: eye colour and height (which they put 3 cms less than actual), and also the first and last entry into Canada. Then he asked those statutory questions like if I was ever removed and if I have convicted for crimes etc. Finally, we checked the CoPR, he invalidated my permits and I signed then that's all. It's all finished before I knew it. I'm really glad to have both a nice counsel and officer for me and may God bless both of them!

A small tip for those of you going into a landing appointment: bring a plastic legal-sized envelope if possible. CoPR will only be issued once and it's a LEGAL SIZED (slightly longer than letter size or A4) paper. It's very important and if you don't bring one you'll find it hard to bring it home without folding it. You're not allowed to laminate it but put in a removable envelope should be fine. I didn't realize that but I dropped by Staples immediately after landing and ended up paying $13 for 5 envelopes (they don't have single ones available).

All best of luck with all of you. I'll probably update again once I get my PR card but for now, that's really it. Thank you all for all your support!

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Copy & Pasted from the H&C thread...

I officially became Canadian Permanent Resident today!

Gonna talk about the experience now...

I did it at IRCC Vancouver. I heard it is a busy office and I was literately preparing to spend the whole hour in there. But when we got there it was really just half full (consider the waiting area is even smaller than a conventional bus that's actually pretty impressive). The letter said "admission starts 10 mins before appointment" and "only the principal applicant and their interpreter are allowed" but it wasn't actually the case. We got admitted 15 min or so ahead and my legal counsel was also allowed to go in without even being checked for his id or bar membership. Only one couple landed before me and my name was called next like 10 mins after our arrival. The Immigration Officer is like one of the nicest you could ever get. He's a middle-aged guy and was really caring. He allowed my legal counsel to preside on the side as well (which isn't required by IRPA) and I was very very anxious due to my mental health issue and he was literately calming me down throughout the entire process. He kept saying "it's OK", "it's going to be a short process" etc. My counsel also helped me a lot. I thought I would have to be standing for the interview but there were seats and I was able to do it sat down. He first confirmed whether I have any travel plans in the next 2 months and asked for photos. The interesting thing is that they said they only need one photo as well and it will only be on the IRCC side copy of CoPR but not mine. I was worried it may look ugly but it looks like I was worrying too much. Then confirmed my biometrics: eye colour and height (which they put 3 cms less than actual), and also the first and last entry into Canada. Then he asked those statutory questions like if I was ever removed and if I have convicted for crimes etc. Finally, we checked the CoPR, he invalidated my permits and I signed then that's all. It's all finished before I knew it. I'm really glad to have both a nice counsel and officer for me and may God bless both of them!

A small tip for those of you going into a landing appointment: bring a plastic legal-sized envelope if possible. CoPR will only be issued once and it's a LEGAL SIZED (slightly longer than letter size or A4) paper. It's very important and if you don't bring one you'll find it hard to bring it home without folding it. You're not allowed to laminate it but put in a removable envelope should be fine. I didn't realize that but I dropped by Staples immediately after landing and ended up paying $13 for 5 envelopes (they don't have single ones available).

All best of luck with all of you. I'll probably update again once I get my PR card but for now, that's really it. Thank you all for all your support!
Its so interesting
Good luck for your future in such a beautiful country
Thanks for sharing