+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

juju2017

Aug 16, 2017
Finally did the interview! See my signature for timeline.

May I ask how to track the PR card status now?
congratulations! Can you write about your interview process? Like when is your interview, how long do you need to wait?

Thanks a lot!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
congratulations! Can you write about your interview process? Like when is your interview, how long do you need to wait?

Thanks a lot!
Mine is 10 am today. Got there 9:30, waited for 35 mins, got called to 1 of the 3 agents. Gave her mine photo (she only took 1 photo). She confirmed that we are still in common-law status, we still in our current address, do we have a trip plan to leave the country in the next while...asked a bunch of questions about crime or not, denied entry or not...confirmed my dates of first entry and last entry. Asked about do I have a child. collected my study and work permits and stamped on these, but returned to me said that I will need these for applying for citizenship. She checked 1 piece of my boyfriend's ID.

The whole process is about 10 mins? More or less.

Reactions: andybc and juju2017

juju2017

Aug 16, 2017
Mine is 10 am today. Got there 9:30, waited for 35 mins, got called to 1 of the 3 agents. Gave her mine photo (she only took 1 photo). She confirmed that we are still in common-law status, we still in our current address, do we have a trip plan to leave the country in the next while...asked a bunch of questions about crime or not, denied entry or not...confirmed my dates of first entry and last entry. Asked about do I have a child. collected my study and work permits and stamped on these, but returned to me said that I will need these for applying for citizenship. She checked 1 piece of my boyfriend's ID.

The whole process is about 10 mins? More or less.
Thank you very much! It's very helpful!

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
Looks like I won't be receiving any emails this week. Tomorrow is Friday. People who recieved DM from Feb 25th to March 25th. Did you receive an email for appointment yet?

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Looks like I won't be receiving any emails this week. Tomorrow is Friday. People who recieved DM from Feb 25th to March 25th. Did you receive an email for appointment yet?
Nope, still waiting... Maybe today is finally the day.

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone! We landed yesterday in Vancouver! It was super exciting to be in a room with people who were finally finalizing their applications!

Pretty standard procedure. We arrived 15 minutes early and the guard let us in after showing proof of our appointment. Waited for 15 minutes and then were called up. I (the sponsor) just had to show my ID. i was chasing our son around but my husband gave his photos, passport, etc. she gave him some quick info on citizenship, SIN number, and that he should keep all his paperwork for citizenship application. she was really nice but wasn't able to answer questions because they didn't have time for it. (she answered one question quickly though).

Thanks everyone for the support! If anyone has any questions feel free

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hey everyone! We landed yesterday in Vancouver! It was super exciting to be in a room with people who were finally finalizing their applications!

Pretty standard procedure. We arrived 15 minutes early and the guard let us in after showing proof of our appointment. Waited for 15 minutes and then were called up. I (the sponsor) just had to show my ID. i was chasing our son around but my husband gave his photos, passport, etc. she gave him some quick info on citizenship, SIN number, and that he should keep all his paperwork for citizenship application. she was really nice but wasn't able to answer questions because they didn't have time for it. (she answered one question quickly though).

Thanks everyone for the support! If anyone has any questions feel free
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what was that one question you asked and got an answer? LOL... and what were the questions she asked from your husband? Thanks

pomeranian

May 5, 2019
Hi I want to let everyone know that I'm also here to wait for the interview letter. DM email received on Mar 1.

I'm quite frustrated because my work permit will expire in mid June. I thought I would be able to get the interview by then but now I'm worried. Should I apply for the open work permit now? I have a post-graduation open work permit now. If I apply for the open work permit as a spousal sponsorship applicant, will I be able to keep working while I'm waiting for the permit to be approved?

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi I want to let everyone know that I'm also here to wait for the interview letter. DM email received on Mar 1.

I'm quite frustrated because my work permit will expire in mid June. I thought I would be able to get the interview by then but now I'm worried. Should I apply for the open work permit now? I have a post-graduation open work permit now. If I apply for the open work permit as a spousal sponsorship applicant, will I be able to keep working while I'm waiting for the permit to be approved?
You could always wait until a few days before your current permit expires and apply for the OWP. That should give you implied status in case you haven't landed by then.

Since it takes 3 months for that app to be processed you can withdraw it immediately after landing and get a refund for the fees you paid.

Also maybe submit a webform inquiry mentioning your expiring work permit. Maybe that will help.

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

I should add that I'm not 100 percent sure about the implied status.

For working holiday visas for instance it never should work because you can't extend them in the first place.

For post graduation work permits there are some special circumstances where it can be extended, so implied status should be granted until a final decision on the new app is made. But definitely confirm this with IRCC beforehand.

pomeranian

May 5, 2019

For working holiday visas for instance it never should work because you can't extend them in the first place.

For post graduation work permits there are some special circumstances where it can be extended, so implied status should be granted until a final decision on the new app is made. But definitely confirm this with IRCC beforehand.
Thanks, I'll try sending them a message and hopefully they can arrange me the interview sooner. Hope this process will get faster in the future...

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018

Implied status actually covers IEC now
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1476&top=25&fbclid=IwAR1jlgUnm2W_HejkudFfUJN2l_oQ9Z5UdOm1ks96ZxqbV9QhiR9-w7CmQp0

Reactions: andybc