+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I am a Feb 14, 2018 applicant. Received my DM letter on March 29, 2019. Just received my landing interview letter today (April 26) for an appointment on May 11 (Saturday). I did not know the immigration officers work on Saturday!
Congratulations what time on Saturday is your appointment? I also have appointment on same day.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
A miracle did happen just when everyone was starting to think that it would actually take 3 months. Congrats, yours was the fastest ever in the history of this group! Hope this coming Monday brings some joy to the rest of us.

While we were all waiting and incessantly chattering about our Landing Invitations from our local office, an October Inland spousal sponsorship applicant from Nova Scotia received his CoPR by email yesterday. Here is the copy of the email:
"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has now been approved. This includes you and each family member on the application that is accompanying you to Canada.
Please note that your Permanent Residency must be finalized prior to the expiry date of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR).
You must present yourself to one of our offices within 30 days from the date of this letter.
We are pleased to offer you a new option for confirming your permanent residence. You may now present yourself without an appointment to one of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada offices listed below, within the time ranges indicated: Halifax (NS) or Fredericton (NB)"
I wish we can do it the same way here in Vancouver.
To be honest, this method makes so much more sense than this ridiculous and outdated method CIC Vancouver is using. It circumvents the issue of some people who don't show up to their interviews and land at a border instead. And it works on a first come, first serve basis. I really love this idea, CIC Vancouver should probably follow in CIC Halifax's footsteps. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: BR_ESL and barsarah

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
To be honest, this method makes so much more sense than this ridiculous and outdated method CIC Vancouver is using. It circumvents the issue of some people who don't show up to their interviews and land at a border instead. And it works on a first come, first serve basis. I really love this idea, CIC Vancouver should probably follow in CIC Halifax's footsteps. Thanks for sharing!
The Vancouver office is unfortunately too busy and too (physically) small to handle that approach. Would result in chaos. The fact that Saturday appointments are given is encouraging though. That used to be only the case at Etobicoke as far as I am aware.

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
A miracle did happen just when everyone was starting to think that it would actually take 3 months. Congrats, yours was the fastest ever in the history of this group! Hope this coming Monday brings some joy to the rest of us.

While we were all waiting and incessantly chattering about our Landing Invitations from our local office, an October Inland spousal sponsorship applicant from Nova Scotia received his CoPR by email yesterday. Here is the copy of the email:
"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has now been approved. This includes you and each family member on the application that is accompanying you to Canada.
Please note that your Permanent Residency must be finalized prior to the expiry date of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR).
You must present yourself to one of our offices within 30 days from the date of this letter.
We are pleased to offer you a new option for confirming your permanent residence. You may now present yourself without an appointment to one of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada offices listed below, within the time ranges indicated: Halifax (NS) or Fredericton (NB)"
I wish we can do it the same way here in Vancouver.
My guess is since they applied in Feb 2018, and therefore are already way past the 12month mark, they were prioritized for a landing appointment, which is fair.

For me the 12month mark ends at June 6, and they might hit it exactly lol

Reactions: barsarah

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
Hope I'll get an email tomorrow or by this week.

Application accepted July 2018
DM on March 1st 2019

My common law wife Student Visa already expired March 31 2019.
And I was told that she doesn't need to go to boarder to extend or anything.

Not sure if this affect any thing

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hope I'll get an email tomorrow or by this week.

Application accepted July 2018
DM on March 1st 2019

My common law wife Student Visa already expired March 31 2019.
And I was told that she doesn't need to go to boarder to extend or anything.

Not sure if this affect any thing
If your wife's study permit expired she had to stop studying immediately since she has no status in Canada

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
The Vancouver office is unfortunately too busy and too (physically) small to handle that approach. Would result in chaos. The fact that Saturday appointments are given is encouraging though. That used to be only the case at Etobicoke as far as I am aware.
I totally do agree with you. But I think using this approach once the backlog is over would be effective in the long run; especially if they increase the number of landing agents. This whole landing interview formalities is nothing but a waist of time in my opinion, the questions they ask you during the interview are questions you've already answered on your application forms.

Reactions: BR_ESL

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I believe E-mails are the unusual way, unless you have received something else in mail?
I always received all communication from Vancouver office was in email ....

This wait is getting worst 24 months completed with this headache and still waiting , and wp expiring in 21 days ..

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Mind sharing your timeline?
Pnp paper application
App received may 2017
AOR 16 August 2017
Added spouse February 2018
Asked for documents for spouse /submitted march 2018
File transferred to Vancouver April 2018.
ADR (past employment letters,past T4,IELTS COPY ,Medical ) JUNE 2018
PCC AGAIN September 2018
PCC ,IMM008 again November 2018
Interview type questo in email February,March 2019

Supplementary travel information MARCH 2019
Decision made APRIL 1 2019

And rest you know waiting for landing interview