+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Good to know that this is part of the usual process, and nothing out of ordinary. Please let us know when you'll get your interview letter.
No worries! I sure will keep you guys updated. This is what this group is for. We're all here in this together.
Cheers!

Reactions: negarmh

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Anybody here got interview just before work permit expired??
Do they prioritize applicants whoz work permit are expiring soon ?
Any email addresses or any communication link to let them know our situation?

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
You can let them know via the IRCC Webform. Otherwise you will have to get your work permit extended (if it's possible). You could always cancel the application if you get PR before your extension is processed. That way you can recover the fees.

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello everyone, I got my DM letter on 18th of March 2019, when can I expect my Interview in Vancouver. My work permit is expiring next month should i apply for renewal or should I wait for Vancouver immigration to contact me for landing interview ? Just curious to know......
Did you inform cic via webform for work permit expiring ?

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
You can let them know via the IRCC Webform. Otherwise you will have to get your work permit extended (if it's possible). You could always cancel the application if you get PR before your extension is processed. That way you can recover the fees.
Yes i was planning for same about contacting them ,and about extension of work permit mine is employer restricted so i have to go through process again like he has to pay complaince fee and all maim part is convincing him again to do it ... so i was wondering is there any other way to get around this situation?
Thanks

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Once your work permit expired, you will be under implied status right? You won't need to renew it...

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Once your work permit expired, you will be under implied status right? You won't need to renew it...
Yea but we have to apply as for work permit in order to be in eligible for “implied status”
As per cic website

• If you apply before your current status expires, your current status is maintained under the same current conditions, until a decision is made.”

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Yes i was planning for same about contacting them ,and about extension of work permit mine is employer restricted so i have to go through process again like he has to pay complaince fee and all maim part is convincing him again to do it ... so i was wondering is there any other way to get around this situation?
Thanks
Are you inland? If so you do not need to renew that type of Work permit any more. You are eligible for a OWP under spousal sponsorship, and as soon as you apply you are in "implied status" and can keep working.If you have AIP you can apply online, which is much more convenient.

Whitehorse patel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Are you inland? If so you do not need to renew that type of Work permit any more. You are eligible for a OWP under spousal sponsorship, and as soon as you apply you are in "implied status" and can keep working.If you have AIP you can apply online, which is much more convenient.
Yea I’m inland ,but i am under PNP yukon
And i have employer restricted work permit which doesn’t allow me to apply for open work permit

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Yea but we have to apply as for work permit in order to be in eligible for “implied status”
As per cic website

• If you apply before your current status expires, your current status is maintained under the same current conditions, until a decision is made.”
But technically, you are applying to PR right? Anyway, just a thought.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
I understand that you have a restricted work permit, but I think since you probably satisfy all the requirements for the bridging program therefore I believe that if you apply for an open work permit under the bridging program the restrictions would be lifted. Anyways I am in no way an expert, I'm just trying to help. If I was in your shoes, I would call IRCC call centre and I would also send an enquiry through the webform.
Good Luck!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Just created a timeline spreadsheet to have some visual understanding about our processing/wait times with our Vancouver office:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aCsw9m9cYm_JGuPoclQLBwlKUsh8g3ogoWG6tLuBEdQ/edit#gid=0

It is sorted by Landing Interview Invitation date in chronological order. So please feel free to add and edit yours but try not to mess it up as the format is not fully protected.

The stats in the bottom of the sheet shows the average wait times from DM to Invitation at 50-53 days, and from Invitation to Interview is 28 days.

The last person who had an invitation was @wallbr with DM on eCAS on Feb 22 and DM letter on Mar 1. @Sarab26, @WilsonC, @kylfjones, and @andybc should be next in line based on their DM dates, followed by @BR_ESL, @sss12345, myself, @LinkinMark and @negarmh.

PS: I had to exclude @Vivian-inland from the Landing Interview section as her's was way too fast for Vancouver and was bringing down the average wait times.

Last edited: