+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

aa0013

Dec 5, 2017
Sometimes you don't get an email but the letter gets directly uploaded to your (or his in your case) MyCIC/GCKey. So tell him to log in and check your account files in the same place where your MR was uploaded.
Yea i think i should do that.. thanks for the suggestion.

kylfjones

Oct 23, 2018
Thanks, guys, I feel less scared about traveling then. I also saw the thing about only being able to enter via a land border with a CoPR, but I guess they only say that because airlines won't let you on board if you're a Canadian PR and you don't have your card.

I was always skeptical of people saying the CoPR wouldn't guarantee you re-entry into Canada, to be honest. I know it's not ideal to not have the PR card itself, but if you're a PR, you're a PR, and the CoPR should be adequate proof of that, I'd think.

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Why is it posted everywhere that if you are awaiting PR card you can only enter by land/non commercial vehicle?
If you want to enter Canada as a non-citizen by airplane you typically need an eTA.

If you are a PR you cannot even obtain one (so they don't need one either).

Therefore airlines need proof of PR before letting you board. They only accept PR cards.

Americans happen to be eTA exempt. If you tell the airline you are going to enter Canada as a visitor they won't even ask you about PR or having an eTA.

Once in Canada you just prove your identity to the border agent (COPR + Passport being the easiest route).

Reactions: NHLNFL

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks, guys, I feel less scared about traveling then. I also saw the thing about only being able to enter via a land border with a CoPR, but I guess they only say that because airlines won't let you on board if you're a Canadian PR and you don't have your card.

I was always skeptical of people saying the CoPR wouldn't guarantee you re-entry into Canada, to be honest. I know it's not ideal to not have the PR card itself, but if you're a PR, you're a PR, and the CoPR should be adequate proof of that, I'd think.
The re-entry part is not the problematic part. Even without a COPR they will let you in as long as you can establish your identity to the border agent.

The problem is boarding an airplane without an eTA. The airline will accept only three kinds of proofs as an acceptable reason not to have an eTA: A Canadian passport, a US passport, a Canadian PR card.

For the US passport route it's wise to not mention your PR status to the airline at all.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
no i was saying that might be my lawyer is hiding something because of his personal relations with my employer.. he might be pressurized to delay the process. Your timeline was same as mine. Did you get any invitation letter too?
No Not yet

kylfjones

Oct 23, 2018
Nice, I'll be sure not to mention my PR to the airline. I've flown to Canada many times and have never been asked about that, so I don't foresee that being an issue. Thanks again, all!

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
I got my landing interview letter today.
DM letter: march 1st

Reactions: BR_ESL

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
How long usually takes from DM on applicant side to the email for the interview? If the decision has been made (as shown on Ecas), does that mean they are done with the background check? So what is keeping them from arranging an interview? It's been more than two weeks since the DM and no news yet.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
How long usually takes from DM on applicant side to the email for the interview? If the decision has been made (as shown on Ecas), does that mean they are done with the background check? So what is keeping them from arranging an interview? It's been more than two weeks since the DM and no news yet.
There's been a big backlog at Vancouver's CIC office lately. Last I heard it was a 3 months long backlog. So, if the backlog is still at around 3 months expect your interview letter within 2 months from the the date you got your DM on ECAS. After you get your interview letter, expect to be scheduled at around a month from that date. So all in all it'll take you around 3 months from DM till you get you get your landing interview. This is only if they don't start speeding things up soon.
Currently, I think they're sending out interview letters for applicants who got their DMs around March 1st. I got my DM on March 21st, I know it can be frustrating, but here's nothing we can do but wait.
Good Luck!

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
There's been a big backlog at Vancouver's CIC office lately. Last I heard it was a 3 months long backlog. So, if the backlog is still at around 3 months expect your interview letter within 2 months from the the date you got your DM on ECAS. After you get your interview letter, expect to be scheduled at around a month from that date. So all in all it'll take you around 3 months from DM till you get you get your landing interview. This is only if they don't start speeding things up soon.
Currently, I think they're sending out interview letters for applicants who got their DMs around March 1st. I got my DM on March 21st, I know it can be frustrating, but here's nothing we can do but wait.
Good Luck!
Thanks for your reply. Good to know that this is part of the usual process, and nothing out of ordinary. Please let us know when you'll get your interview letter.

Reactions: sss12345