+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Tommy66666

Jul 10, 2018
Update
Dm letter: 1st March
Landing Interview: 29th April

They refused my application to be sent to Calgary since I live in BC, but they keep mine in Vancouver office

Reactions: sss12345

Khadakarle

Mar 22, 2019
App. Filed.......
08-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
I finally landed in the Vancouver office today!

Our appointment was at 10am, we arrived around 9:50. They saw us 10am precisely. We were done and out by 10:15.
I then went to Service Canada to get my new SIN, and that also took about 10 minutes.
Congrats!!

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Update
Dm letter: 1st March
Landing Interview: 29th April

They refused my application to be sent to Calgary since I live in BC, but they keep mine in Vancouver office
Didn’t you say it was already approved for Calgary when you sent a case specific enquiry?

Duac1234

Apr 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I got my DM letter on 18th of March 2019, when can I expect my Interview in Vancouver. My work permit is expiring next month should i apply for renewal or should I wait for Vancouver immigration to contact me for landing interview ? Just curious to know......

Khadakarle

Mar 22, 2019
App. Filed.......
08-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Hello everyone, I got my DM letter on 18th of March 2019, when can I expect my Interview in Vancouver. My work permit is expiring next month should i apply for renewal or should I wait for Vancouver immigration to contact me for landing interview ? Just curious to know......
I got DM on Feb 18th and interview letter on April 10th with May 15th date, I would assume your landing interview would be sometime in June. I reckon you should apply for work permit extension based on AIP

Reactions: Duac1234

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
I got DM on Feb 18th and interview letter on April 10th with May 15th date, I would assume your landing interview would be sometime in June. I reckon you should apply for work permit extension based on AIP
Agreed. Expect 3 months based on my and others timelines for Vancouver office (I got DM Jan and landed today).
If you apply to renew wp you’ll have implied status.

Tommy66666

Jul 10, 2018
Didn’t you say it was already approved for Calgary when you sent a case specific enquiry?
they send me another email saying case could not be processed in Calgary but the last email they sent was saying that they transferred my application to Calgary. So weird.

kylfjones

Oct 23, 2018
Not really sure that this is the best place to ask this, but I'll take a shot since I'm in this situation because of the Vancouver wait times -

My DM letter came March 5th, so I'm expecting my landing interview to be mid-late May (approximately). I have a trip that I've been planning for a really long time at the end of June, so is that in danger at all?

I'm from the US, so I was thinking that even if I just have my CoPR, that would probably be fine to re-enter, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience with that. Basically, I'm fairly confident I will have had my landing interview by then, but I'm growing skeptical that I will have my actual PR card.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
they send me another email saying case could not be processed in Calgary but the last email they sent was saying that they transferred my application to Calgary. So weird.
That is very weird. Anyways, you were still able to get a good date for your landing. Congrats!

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Not really sure that this is the best place to ask this, but I'll take a shot since I'm in this situation because of the Vancouver wait times -

My DM letter came March 5th, so I'm expecting my landing interview to be mid-late May (approximately). I have a trip that I've been planning for a really long time at the end of June, so is that in danger at all?

I'm from the US, so I was thinking that even if I just have my CoPR, that would probably be fine to re-enter, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience with that. Basically, I'm fairly confident I will have had my landing interview by then, but I'm growing skeptical that I will have my actual PR card.
In my opinion there is nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario you'll have your interview at the beginning of June. As a US national I think you won't have any trouble flying or driving back to Canada. If you were flying back to Canada the airline will still let you board as Americans don't even require an ETA (as visitors). But once you land in Canada you might have a bit of a longer wait for verification of your identity than you would have if you had your PR card on you. Yet again there's a really slight chance of that happening, therefore I don't think you need to alter your travel plans. You can also try to raise a "Case Specific Enquiry" and let them know about your travel plans (make sure to attach proof) you might be able to get an earlier interview date.
Enjoy your trip!

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

Americans are the only ones who technically don't even need a PR card. They will always be able to board an airplane to Canada (just don't say to the airline you are a PR). Once at the border show your COPR and you are good to go.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Americans are the only ones who technically don't even need a PR card. They will always be able to board an airplane to Canada (just don't say to the airline you are a PR). Once at the border show your COPR and you are good to go.
Why is it posted everywhere that if you are awaiting PR card you can only enter by land/non commercial vehicle?

aa0013

Dec 5, 2017
Tell him to check spam or trash folder. Why would cic lie? U should ask ur consultant to check all the folders again.
no i was saying that might be my lawyer is hiding something because of his personal relations with my employer.. he might be pressurized to delay the process. Your timeline was same as mine. Did you get any invitation letter too?