Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2015
AOR Received.
6-07-2015
I received passport back on 14 Jan and I did validation of PR at Coutts border. It was quick and pleasant experience. I would like to thank all good people in this forum. You guys are amazing and keep up the good work. My wishes and prayers with all future applicants. May the Almighty bless us all :)

nvnobre

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Hello everyone.

I can see by the spreadsheet that the average time for FWS Inland is 147 days from AOR to PPR.
I am glad I found this topic, was feeling kind of lonely in AOR October topic, full of CECs who have already received PPR, lol.
My timeline:

21 OCT ..... AOR
28 OCT.......Medicals passed
20 NOV.......RCMP request
04 DEC.......RCMP uploaded

Since then, no news.

Has anybody here from October already gotten PPR? I see some people from September, what already gives me some hope.

Good luck, everyone!

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nvnobre said:
Hello everyone.

I can see by the spreadsheet that the average time for FWS Inland is 147 days from AOR to PPR.
I am glad I found this topic, was feeling kind of lonely in AOR October topic, full of CECs who have already received PPR, lol.
My timeline:

21 OCT ..... AOR
28 OCT.......Medicals passed
20 NOV.......RCMP request
04 DEC.......RCMP uploaded

Since then, no news.

Has anybody here from October already gotten PPR? I see some people from September, what already gives me some hope.

Good luck, everyone!
Relax, long journey to go.

waiting5months

Nov 25, 2015
I've got ppr at Jan 15. My passport has been received in Ottawa, now I have 2 questions:
1 My work permit expires at Feb 17, if my passport does not come back by that date, can I keep working after my work permit expired?

2 I have checked about landing, there are two ways of landing 1st go to the board,
2nd make an appointment with local CIC office.
I would really appreciate anyone can share their experience about landing.

Thanks!

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
waiting5months said:
I've got ppr at Jan 15. My passport has been received in Ottawa, now I have 2 questions:
1 My work permit expires at Feb 17, if my passport does not come back by that date, can I keep working after my work permit expired?

2 I have checked about landing, there are two ways of landing 1st go to the board,

Thanks!
[/quote

u will get ur passport back by that time..and go and do landing before 17 in border..

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Aor 31 aug...ppr 15 jan....bowp in mail...21 jan...so open work permit paper based wth same employer was 115 days last week...mine was approved on 18th jan..so it was approved in 108 days...

morable

Dec 1, 2015
Hi friends,

I applied for CEC in Dec 2014 and got my application back in Feb 2015 saying the cap was full.

Then I built my EE profile and got an ITA in June 2015 for FSW although I wanted and was fully qualified for CEC and the system was still new then. So I applied because I was scared of refusing my ITA to get a new one like some people here did. I sent in my application 20 July 2015.

I waited all this time and last week I got a refusal letter saying my foreign work experience wasn't a whole year (which is what I had said in the tool) so it would have made my points less than what the invitation draw was for at the time! :mad: :eek:

I didn't ask for those points! and I did everything right by their system.. I had every document carefully prepared. I just answered everything truthfully from their system, and they were the ones to give me FSW invitation! I'm so upset! :( :'(

What should I do now? How can I appeal? Do I have to reapply?? Can I say that they should have processed it as CEC and I lost all this time because of their mistake with the system? The refusal letter has the information of the processing officer. Could I use that to contact someone?

By the way I just got a BOWP 2 weeks ago, and went abroad to see my family.. My return ticket is for next week. Would I be able to get back in? Or would my visa be cancelled as well now that I got a refusal? Would they send me back? I have my apartment and all my stuff there.

Please help!

Thank you

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about this. First of all even though you were alify for CEC you would have got FSW invitation due to you entering 'Funds' amount in your EE profile.

The only thing you can do is to send a Case Specific Enquiry and then create a new EE profile I guess.

In terms of your Visa, now that you gave been rejected I think you may be allowed into Canada on a tourist visa.

Wait for other experts to reply.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Just received a ghost email today, Sunday at 3:56. What does it mean? Do they work on weekends?!!
I am not sure what has changed. I see review of eligibility is in progress now. I am not sure what it was before though!! Huh

edmray

Jan 24, 2016
gorkhethito said:
waiting5months said:

Thanks!
[/quote

u will get ur passport back by that time..and go and do landing before 17 in border..
I can't answer your first question, though I think you will get your passport back in the next couple of weeks, but re the 2nd question, from my experience, the appointment with the local CIC office (Edmonton) was more convenient. When I called CIC the morning of Jan 18th after I received the COPR in the mail, they said it would take 6-8 weeks for the local office to call me to set an appointment. But I received a call from the local office on the afternoon of the 18th itself for an appointment on Jan 21st. I'm not sure if I got lucky or if this is the norm, but this was my experience. Hope this helps!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting5months said:
Apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit just in case.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Thanks!

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Just received a ghost email today, Sunday at 3:56. What does it mean? Do they work on weekends?!!
I am not sure what has changed. I see review of eligibility is in progress now. I am not sure what it was before though!! Huh
As far as I know, CIC works weekends and holidays. One of the guys on the forums saw a job description ad of an agent that said agent should be ready to work on weekends and holidays. Not to mention the numerous status updates and PPRs we've seen on those days.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016