Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug /17/2015
AOR Received.
Oct/20/2015
shibaak said:
I am 4 months today and bkg has not started yet! So yours is still good! :p
Could it be that single FSW Inland applications are faster than family applicants?

SamKo

Jun 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-06-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
Guys if you ask me, order a GCMS note if you want to know the status of your application. The status on CIC website doesn't usually change long after you get your PPR and your application is closed.
But you can see all the updates that are happening to your Eligibility, RCMP, Security, Medical with their dates and the officer's notes if there is any. After spending some time on the note, I personally found out that my application has been sent to "Security Screening" (Which as it turns out happens a lot for people from my country) on Nov 3rd and this is what is holding my application at the moment. In the meantime all my eligibility checks have been passed, along with other RCMP checks and Medical.

It is strange that you see all these updates on your application in this note, and they could have easily linked it with the website to show, but it hasn't happened yet!

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
SamKo said:
Guys if you ask me, order a GCMS note if you want to know the status of your application. The status on CIC website doesn't usually change long after you get your PPR and your application is closed.
But you can see all the updates that are happening to your Eligibility, RCMP, Security, Medical with their dates and the officer's notes if there is any. After spending some time on the note, I personally found out that my application has been sent to "Security Screening" (Which as it turns out happens a lot for people from my country) on Nov 3rd and this is what is holding my application at the moment. In the meantime all my eligibility checks have been passed, along with other RCMP checks and Medical.

It is strange that you see all these updates on your application in this note, and they could have easily linked it with the website to show, but it hasn't happened yet!
do you select privacy act or right to information while ordering GCMS ! I ordered mine a month ago, even received the confirmation but have not received them ey. The customer service people said they see no such request on my application and I have to order it again. Hence am very confused and wanna do it right the next time on.

Thanks in advance :)

Por barrel

Jan 15, 2016
Hi, inland fsw as well, is our passport really have to be atleast six months before expiry upon ppr? Thanks in advance. Good luck to all of us.

joshi123

Aug 22, 2015
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
PN2511 said:
do you select privacy act or right to information while ordering GCMS ! I ordered mine a month ago, even received the confirmation but have not received them ey. The customer service people said they see no such request on my application and I have to order it again. Hence am very confused and wanna do it right the next time on.

Thanks in advance :)
You can do either one of them if you are applying inland for yourself.
Access to info costs you 5 bucks
And provacy one is free..
I guess thats the only dfrnce

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Por barrel said:
Hi, inland fsw as well, is our passport really have to be atleast six months before expiry upon ppr? Thanks in advance. Good luck to all of us.
Yes. Here's what the ppr letter will say:

For you and for each accompanying family member:
Passports must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages

They will not issue you a CoPR if your passport is not valid for at least 6 months.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
I need your advice on my current situation. My work permit expires on the end of January. My husband has an open work permit which also expires on the end of January. We are PR applicants with AOR in September. I applied to extend my work permit on October 21st and I have not heard back from CIC yet. We did not applied for my husband's open work permit extension, because we thought we would get PR before our current work permit expires and it is an extra cost of 255 CAD. But now that our status is going to expire, I am stressed out and I do not know what I can do about my husband's status. Could you please advise us about this issue?

Thanks

chenzhileo

Oct 29, 2014
I am not sure whether he can apply for the BOWP or not, but he can definitely apply for the visitor's record, after that he can still reside in Canada with the so-called implied status. Good luck!

Masin said:
Dear friends,
I need your advice on my current situation. My work permit expires on the end of January. My husband has an open work permit which also expires on the end of January. We are PR applicants with AOR in September. I applied to extend my work permit on October 21st and I have not heard back from CIC yet. We did not applied for my husband's open work permit extension, because we thought we would get PR before our current work permit expires and it is an extra cost of 255 CAD. But now that our status is going to expire, I am stressed out and I do not know what I can do about my husband's status. Could you please advise us about this issue?

Thanks

Alex007

Nov 26, 2015
Por barrel said:
Yes, you need to have 6 months validity of PP at the time of final decision. Hence, it is better and to prevent delay in application process it is better to have one or more than a year validity at the time of application submission.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chenzhileo said:
I am not sure whether he can apply for the BOWP or not, but he can definitely apply for the visitor's record, after that he can still reside in Canada with the so-called implied status. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. So he should apply for temporary resident visa? How long this visa is valid for? Isn't it based on a valid work or study permit?