+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

LeahB.

Mar 22, 2016
Hi there! Hope you guys can help me, i'm FSW inland...ITA- feb 10 , feb 28- elig.in progress, mar 2 - BGC in progress, Mar 4- medical passed, Mar 6- BGC no needed at this time.

My question is my work permit is expring by the end of April 2016 am I allowed to apply for BOWP? I received an AOR but not the mailed one just the one they send once application is submitted.

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
mohsin.sadi said:
Dear Seniors,

I am inland-FSW, Currently working in montreal on closed workpermit expired on 15March 2016, I have submitted BOPW on 8Feb2016.
Today I have received below letter from cic officer.

"..........Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Scarborough, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec and you have been working there since 2011. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.
In your application you state; that you have the intention to move to Ontario, that you will request your company transfer to Ontario, that you have many friends in Ontario, that your will send your daughter to English school and finally that your spouse does not speak French and that she wishes to work in Ontario.
You have unfortunately failed to provide supporting documents to satisfy me of your intention.
It is important for you to be aware that no visas will be issued to applicants residing in the province of Quebec, who have applied for an economic class of immigration other than the Quebec Skilled Worker program until they have left the Province of Quebec."
Therefore, please submit proof of your intention to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec
within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused"

Please advise me the possible options/documents I can submit?
Question 1 : My expired wp was for montreal location, Can I request my company to move me & work in Ontario while my BOWP in progress (applied 6 weeks ago) ?
Question 2 : If above condition is possible, I will ask my company to provide new offer letter for Ontario & I will actually move within 30 days & submit the proof?
Question: Apart from submitting the document, I have to actually move out of quebec?

Thank you very much for the answer.
Khan

11 Oct : AOR
28 Oct : Medical Passed
5 Nov : Schedule A
22 Mar : Additional document requested.

"You need to prove that you will move outside of Quebec ASAP. A new apartment lease and applying for school admission for your daughter can be sufficient. A letter from you company that they will support your transfer request would be the confirming action to the previous."

Ask your company to issue you an transfer letter in an "Official Letterhead Pad" mentioning issuing officer full name, email and phone number. This letter will be the strongest document to support your application. If your BOWP messed up just for the documents, it will hurt your PR application also.

Thanks
Raj

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
LeahB. said:
Hi there! Hope you guys can help me, i'm FSW inland...ITA- feb 10 , feb 28- elig.in progress, mar 2 - BGC in progress, Mar 4- medical passed, Mar 6- BGC no needed at this time.

My question is my work permit is expring by the end of April 2016 am I allowed to apply for BOWP? I received an AOR but not the mailed one just the one they send once application is submitted.
Yes you are allowed to apply BOWP. And you should apply ASAP as you have only one month left !!!! issuing BOWP sometimes take more than a month (If i am wrong, somebody plz correct me). Do not try to save $250, that may cost your legal status in Canada.

Thanks
Raj

Mantrik-j

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
LeahB. said:

Hi, you should definitely apply. It takes up to 5 months to receive the BOWP. I got mine 4 months after the submission of the document.
Regarding AOR, you will never receive AOR via mail. You just print the one you got in MyCIC account (in case you are planning to apply with hard copies, like i did, if you are applying online, just use your PDF). I also wrote an explanation letter, but it is not mandatory.

LeahB.

Mar 22, 2016
Thanks for responding! Will be sending my application for bowp then.
I am allowed to work even after my work permit ends as long I submitted my bowp, right?

SeanDame

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-11-2015
IELTS Request
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
howcoldisit said:
Do you know if nationality has any impact on processing times?
I highly doubt it.. That would be discrimination...

Mantrik-j

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
LeahB. said:
Thanks for responding! Will be sending my application for bowp then.
I am allowed to work even after my work permit ends as long I submitted my bowp, right?
Yes, you can continue to work after submission, because you will be on implied status until either your BOWP will be approved/declined or you receive PR. (i hope it is going to be former) :D

maple325

Sep 13, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Doc's Request.
not needed at this time
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
Nationality does have an impact on processing times in that different visa offices have different work loads and thus different processing times.

Also, background / security checks may depend on the responsiveness of agencies in different countries. So again, nationality (and travel history) indirectly impact processing times.

howcoldisit said:
Do you know if nationality has any impact on processing times?

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
How long does Ottawa take to send back passports with CoPR?

myshak

Dec 17, 2014
Is it 13-17 business days or 13-17 including weekends? I made travel plans before sending my passport and it's only been a week. I am anxiously waiting to get my passport back.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myshak said:
Is it 13-17 business days or 13-17 including weekends? I made travel plans before sending my passport and it's only been a week. I am anxiously waiting to get my passport back.
13 to 17 calendar days. i sent mine on Feb. 23, received the package Mar. 10. Total of 17 days. But also depends on where you live in Canada. I am close to Ottawa that took 1 day to send and arrive at CPC-Ottawa.

myshak

Dec 17, 2014
Doda said:
13 to 17 calendar days. i sent mine on Feb. 23, received the package Mar. 10. Total of 17 days. But also depends on where you live in Canada. I am close to Ottawa that took 1 day to send and arrive at CPC-Ottawa.
Thanks for the prompt reply. That is a little reassuring. I have enclosed an express post too, so the shipping shouldn't be a problem. :)