+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Feb 2020. Proof of Relationship: Evidence of cohabitation

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
My wife received the same letter yesterday asking for more proof of relationship/cohabitation.

When we sent in our application (early March) she had only been in Canada for about a week, so the only document she had with our common address on it was her private health insurance.

We had sent a letter from my father explaining that we were staying with my parents, so our names are not going to be on any bills, etc. Not much has changed since then other than we have more traveler's insurance docs spanning Feb-Dec and an additional mail receipt or two.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My wife received the same letter yesterday asking for more proof of relationship/cohabitation.

When we sent in our application (early March) she had only been in Canada for about a week, so the only document she had with our common address on it was her private health insurance.

We had sent a letter from my father explaining that we were staying with my parents, so our names are not going to be on any bills, etc. Not much has changed since then other than we have more traveler's insurance docs spanning Feb-Dec and an additional mail receipt or two.
Is there anything else you guys can find showing your address for your wife?

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Is there anything else you guys can find showing your address for your wife?
We are actually in the process of moving now -- I was going to only have my name on the bills since I'm the only one working and who will be paying the bills, but now since receiving this letter I will ask the utility companies to add her name. Same thing with a joint bank account. We were waiting for OWP approval to open up a joint account, but I guess we might as well do that now if we can.

I am planning to include another letter from both of my parents explaining our cohabitation at their home from Feb-Dec (and why we are not going to have bills or rental agreements in our names for that time), so I hope this is satisfactory for them. Besides that, for proof of relationship we can send a few more pictures of get-togethers with some of my family members, etc. Though with COVID there have been very few.

They gave us until March to submit these additional docs. I'm surprised at the large gap in deadline dates between PaoT's and ours.

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013

hi my mom receive the same letter and we dont know what to do
they dont have the same adres

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
We are actually in the process of moving now -- I was going to only have my name on the bills since I'm the only one working and who will be paying the bills, but now since receiving this letter I will ask the utility companies to add her name. Same thing with a joint bank account. We were waiting for OWP approval to open up a joint account, but I guess we might as well do that now if we can.

I am planning to include another letter from both of my parents explaining our cohabitation at their home from Feb-Dec (and why we are not going to have bills or rental agreements in our names for that time), so I hope this is satisfactory for them. Besides that, for proof of relationship we can send a few more pictures of get-togethers with some of my family members, etc. Though with COVID there have been very few.

They gave us until March to submit these additional docs. I'm surprised at the large gap in deadline dates between PaoT's and ours.

where in the same boat..

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
For everyone, I just received a letter from Immigration, they accepted my proofs I sent back in december.

We sent as evidence invoices from amazon in my name and in the name of my husband that showed the same address. We sent proof of payment in the name of my husband and the registration letter from my French school. We sent a prescription from the pharmacy in my name where the address where we live came from and a part of our rental agreement where my name appeared.

In addition, my husband wrote a letter clarifying that he is the one who takes care of the expenses and that is why the services are only in his name, but saying that he provided me with a prepaid card linked to his account for my current expenses .

Ude

May 6, 2017
For everyone, I just received a letter from Immigration, they accepted my proofs I sent back in december.

We sent as evidence invoices from amazon in my name and in the name of my husband that showed the same address. We sent proof of payment in the name of my husband and the registration letter from my French school. We sent a prescription from the pharmacy in my name where the address where we live came from and a part of our rental agreement where my name appeared.

In addition, my husband wrote a letter clarifying that he is the one who takes care of the expenses and that is why the services are only in his name, but saying that he provided me with a prepaid card linked to his account for my current expenses .
Awesome .

Have they issued you AIP now?