+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Family Sponsorship + OWP Question

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
Hi, planning to bring my spouse and daughter to Canada and then apply for PR (inland - Canada class)

Also, planning to apply for OWP. I understand that CIC states to apply all together in one envelope, but when I checked for OWP eligibility, it is showing to apply online (due to COVID). How to override this and apply paper-based along with PR application?
Thanks

2021PR

Jun 19, 2021
I plan to apply for Spouse sponsor PR+OWP Inland, I have valid Canadian visit visa valid till Jan'23.
And I have a conditional job offer from an International company which is time bonded to get OWP with this process and join them in next 5 months (if I get OWP) and presently I'm in India but plan to visit ASAP to Canada for this application.

Would like to know the following from any experienced person of the process in this forum:
1. How long presently an OWP will take?
2. Once I apply for PR+Open work permit while I visit Canada in next few weeks, can I fly out of Canada and return within a 1-3 months while open work permit is still being processed? By exiting & reentering does my open work permit process get's hampered/extended?
3. Will a this conditional job offer will help in expediting the OWP?

Appreciate your help in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, planning to bring my spouse and daughter to Canada and then apply for PR (inland - Canada class)

Also, planning to apply for OWP. I understand that CIC states to apply all together in one envelope, but when I checked for OWP eligibility, it is showing to apply online (due to COVID). How to override this and apply paper-based along with PR application?
Thanks
Would start by seeing if your spouse and child can secure TRVs. That can be quite a challenge.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I plan to apply for Spouse sponsor PR+OWP Inland, I have valid Canadian visit visa valid till Jan'23.
And I have a conditional job offer from an International company which is time bonded to get OWP with this process and join them in next 5 months (if I get OWP) and presently I'm in India but plan to visit ASAP to Canada for this application.

Would like to know the following from any experienced person of the process in this forum:
1. How long presently an OWP will take?
2. Once I apply for PR+Open work permit while I visit Canada in next few weeks, can I fly out of Canada and return within a 1-3 months while open work permit is still being processed? By exiting & reentering does my open work permit process get's hampered/extended?
3. Will a this conditional job offer will help in expediting the OWP?

Appreciate your help in advance.
1. OWPs seem to be taking around 5 months these days but it could be shorter or longer
2. No once you apply inland you are expected to remain in Canada. A short visit of 2-3 weeks seem to be overlooked but there is always a risk that you could face issues trying to return. It it is dicovered that you have been outside Canada for 1-3 months but your OWP and inland sponsorship could be denied.
3. No priority processing. for the OWP

2021PR

Jun 19, 2021
1. OWPs seem to be taking around 5 months these days but it could be shorter or longer
2. No once you apply inland you are expected to remain in Canada. A short visit of 2-3 weeks seem to be overlooked but there is always a risk that you could face issues trying to return. It it is discovered that you have been outside Canada for 1-3 months but your OWP and inland sponsorship could be denied.
3. No priority processing. for the OWP
Thanx Canunk78
Appreciate your prompt response.
Could you please also elaborate if we have to get Police clearance from each country where I lived for more than 6 months in past 25 years? Or I have to get PCC only from countries I lived for more than 6 months in past 10 years from the date of my family sponsorship PR application?

Slovakia PCC takes too long as I was told (2-4months) and since I want my OWP soonest and don't want to delay my OWP+PR submittal, can I submit the Slovakia embassy acknowledgement of my Police Clearance request, along with my PR+OWP file?
Once I receive the Slovakia PCC, can I submit and how do we submit later any additional documents?

Thanx for your help.

BR
Shail

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
Would start by seeing if your spouse and child can secure TRVs. That can be quite a challenge.
Hi, thanks. My wife already hold a visitor visa valid until 2028 and daughter being a US citizen should be eligible for on arrival visa..should this work ?