+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland common-law PR - what docs for OPW

ariben

Jun 14, 2019
Hi!

My common-law partner and I are applying for him to get PR through my sponsorship. His current IEC work Visa expires soon so the sooner we apply the better!

I've been reading up on OPW and I'm not sure which documents we need to provide when applying at the same time as common law sponsorship?

The IMM 5556 doesn't seem to have a section describing our situation so I'm not sure if we just put IMM 5710 with the rest of the PR stuff or if we also need do fo thr whole OPW checklist?

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Hi!

My common-law partner and I are applying for him to get PR through my sponsorship. His current IEC work Visa expires soon so the sooner we apply the better!

I've been reading up on OPW and I'm not sure which documents we need to provide when applying at the same time as common law sponsorship?

The IMM 5556 doesn't seem to have a section describing our situation so I'm not sure if we just put IMM 5710 with the rest of the PR stuff or if we also need do for thr whole OPW checklist?
You need the whole OWP checklist, make sure you provide all the documents in the checklist to avoid having it returned, it is a separate application so even if same documents were provided for the PR app attach another copy for the OWP and pay the full amount of $255 and attach the receipt. usually IMM 5710 is what you need to fill plus whatever documents that applies to your situation, I believe IMM 5409 might be applicable but check the check list

follow this guide it should help

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html

Good luck