+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Common-Law PR...Query?

macs

Jun 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm reaching out with a query on the Inland Common-Law PR application.

5 weeks ago I received a letter from CIC stating, '...pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent residence.'

I am still waiting for CIC to follow up. I regularly check my online profile but this has not been updated and still says reviewing whether you are eligible [I understand other people are experiencing this online].

Does anyone know
1) how CIC contact you for this appointment [email, postal letter, phonecall]
2) the approx. wait time in Vancouver at present for this appointment
3) if you can speak to a agent over the phone regarding PR queries

My next step was to call CIC and directly speak to an agent but having tried I keep getting directed online or get a electronic voice response.

If anyone has any guidance or experience in this matter, it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers!

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Hi guys,

5 weeks ago I received a letter from CIC stating, '...pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent residence.'

I am still waiting for CIC to follow up. I regularly check my online profile but this has not been updated and still says reviewing whether you are eligible [I understand other people are experiencing this online].

Does anyone know

My next step was to call CIC and directly speak to an agent but having tried I keep getting directed online or get a electronic voice response.

If anyone has any guidance or experience in this matter, it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers!

Cic has changed there phone info. You now get more detailed up to date info that isn't shown online. Just go thru the check status and enter in your app number and date of birth. There might be more info there. Sorry I don't have more info.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys,

Does anyone know

Cheers!
I don't know the specific timeline for Vancouver, but I presume it's similar to Etobicoke and Montreal (very busy offices). We got the landing appointment by email (both the the sponsor and the PA) and it was also added to the mycic account. My wife landed in Montreal and for us, we received the landing appointment letter about 8 weeks after DM, the appointment was for 2 weeks later.
DM March 21, landing letter May 12, landing May 26.

macs

Jun 9, 2017
I don't know the specific timeline for Vancouver, but I presume it's similar to Etobicoke and Montreal (very busy offices). We got the landing appointment by email (both the the sponsor and the PA) and it was also added to the mycic account. My wife landed in Montreal and for us, we received the landing appointment letter about 8 weeks after DM, the appointment was for 2 weeks later.
DM March 21, landing letter May 12, landing May 26.
sylvain1, thanks for sharing your experiences - puts things into perspective a bit better. Hopefully, not to much longer. Cheers!

Reactions: sylvain1

macs

Jun 9, 2017
Cic has changed there phone info. You now get more detailed up to date info that isn't shown online. Just go thru the check status and enter in your app number and date of birth. There might be more info there. Sorry I don't have more info.
Hi Ealaz, thanks for the heads up on using the phone service. I tried calling today, were it gave me similar information to the online system - it then took me to a option to go through to an agent which I selected - it then went straight to a electronic message saying they had a high demand of calls and then automatically hung up. I doubt I will have to be patient. Thanks again

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Hi Ealaz, thanks for the heads up on using the phone service. I tried calling today, were it gave me similar information to the online system - it then took me to a option to go through to an agent which I selected - it then went straight to a electronic message saying they had a high demand of calls and then automatically hung up. I doubt I will have to be patient. Thanks again
I know, it's so hard to actually talk to someone. It's taken me days before. Good luck

Reactions: macs