+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Closed Work Permit Processing Time

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Anyone got closed work permit approved recently, I applied 11th of January 2022 & still waiting
I applied on Jan 17th, no news yet !

One of my friend's applied with similar conditions, hr got his approval on MArch 24th, after a wait of 134 days!

FYI : Processiong time for WP (Intial and Extension was 134 days that time) and now it is 144 days !!!!

Amy9044

Apr 7, 2022
I applied on Jan 17th, no news yet !

One of my friend's applied with similar conditions, hr got his approval on MArch 24th, after a wait of 134 days!

FYI : Processiong time for WP (Intial and Extension was 134 days that time) and now it is 144 days !!!!
Mine 144 days are competing on 4th of June

Amy9044

Apr 7, 2022
And you have not received any information yet?

No change in the status of your application,? any recent e-mails?
No changes yet, but i have contacted to local MP and got reply to wait untill 3rd of June as processing time was 143 days last week, if not get any significant update till 3rd then let me know, he stated in email.

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
No changes yet, but i have contacted to local MP and got reply to wait untill 3rd of June as processing time was 143 days last week, if not get any significant update till 3rd then let me know, he stated in email.
Well, it's okay to wait but I work for the Provincial Govt for the Minister and I have tried every possible thing from my side , (multiple MPs and Senators in Ottawa whom I know personally) IRCC comes under Federal govt but they are beyond political interference, so technically they can;t do much

But I'm hoping you hear something in next few days

Amy9044

Apr 7, 2022
Well, it's okay to wait but I work for the Provincial Govt for the Minister and I have tried every possible thing from my side , (multiple MPs and Senators in Ottawa whom I know personally) IRCC comes under Federal govt but they are beyond political interference, so technically they can;t do much

But I'm hoping you hear something in next few days
You are right, I also found that they just tell us exactly the same status which shows in the online portal, they can't fast the processing time. I am hoping by next week

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
You are right, I also found that they just tell us exactly the same status which shows in the online portal, they can't fast the processing time. I am hoping by next week
Yes, all the best to you !

I have to travel outside of country on 14th Jun ( I cannot cancel that and it will 148th day that da ) so I will loose my status as worker if I don;t hear anything from them by then.

I don;t know what to do ?

DO you know anyone or if there is a possibility to go to the border and get it ?

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Yes, all the best to you !

I have to travel outside of country on 14th Jun ( I cannot cancel that and it will 148th day that da ) so I will loose my status as worker if I don;t hear anything from them by then.

I don;t know what to do ?

DO you know anyone or if there is a possibility to go to the border and get it ?
Following up here to see if you received any news? You said you had to travel so I hope you did. I applied for BOWP Jan 27, 2022 because my PR is in process but eligibility hasn’t even started and next Tuesday will mark the avg processing time. I’m out of work and on EI because I was laid off from my closed permit company and can’t work with the implied status as everything must remain the same (including your employer). I wasn’t eligible to put PPCHANGEJOBS code since I didn’t have a validated offer. I can’t travel. My PR is stuck on BG. I’m just screwed unless I return home basically. So so sad.