+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland CEC post E-APR: Can I travel to the States for the weekend? (1-2 days)

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Everyone!

I am an inland CEC applicant who have submitted my application and AOR on 22/May/2016.

I am thinking about going to the states for 1-2 days at the end of this month. Would this be an issue at all?

Any applicant who travelled to another country during the processing of their application and in the end got their P.R?

Please advise!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
wenfeizh said:
Hey Everyone!

I am an inland CEC applicant who have submitted my application and AOR on 22/May/2016.

I am thinking about going to the states for 1-2 days at the end of this month. Would this be an issue at all?

Any applicant who travelled to another country during the processing of their application and in the end got their P.R?

Please advise!
You may travel as long as you have valid visa to return. Doesn't impact your application at all.

Reactions: Adanac11

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
You may travel as long as you have valid visa to return. Doesn't impact your application at all.

Great thanks~!

another question sorry, I heard that now you go to the states, even with a valid visa, you still need to apply something online? like an E-travel thingy?

is that true? or they havent implemented that yet?

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Do I need to submit a new and updated PCC from home country if I spend one month in home country post AOR?
TIA.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Do I need to submit a new and updated PCC from home country if I spend one month in home country post AOR?
TIA.
I think u shoul be ok. You provided your home country pcc when you submitted your application right?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenfeizh said:
Great thanks~!

another question sorry, I heard that now you go to the states, even with a valid visa, you still need to apply something online? like an E-travel thingy?

is that true? or they havent implemented that yet?
if you are visa exempt for US then now onwards you need Electronic travel authorization. its instant just fill the application online and you will be approved and it will be linked to your passport for travel.

if you have US visitor visa then you dont need it.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
if you are visa exempt for US then now onwards you need Electronic travel authorization. its instant just fill the application online and you will be approved and it will be linked to your passport for travel.

if you have US visitor visa then you dont need it.
Hi ntwkengg thanks for your reply!

I have a B1/B2 (travel visitor visa). Does that mean I don't need to apply for the Electronic travel authorization then?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
wenfeizh said:
Hi ntwkengg thanks for your reply!

I have a B1/B2 (travel visitor visa). Does that mean I don't need to apply for the Electronic travel authorization then?
That's right, no need.