Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Opinions please: I landed in September of 2019. I sometimes log in to my account because I am starting to gather information to apply for citizenship next summer. My account always has "Latest Update" Final decision-Your PR application was approved. Sept 26 2019. This morning I logged in to check on something and it said ""Latest Update" Your background check was completed on August 9, 2019. Why did it change that info? I logged in again about an hour later, and it was back to the original "Final Decision-Your application was approved." I know this question seems ridiculous, but why would that post have changed then changed back? Does that mean someone has been into my account???? or does it just mean nothing...and was a system error. After going through the whole process (which was VERY stressful) I have a fear of IRCC suddenly saying, "Oh we made a mistake...we don't want you here." ugh!!! I REALLY hope someday that feeling will go away...

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Opinions please: I landed in September of 2019. I sometimes log in to my account because I am starting to gather information to apply for citizenship next summer. My account always has "Latest Update" Final decision-Your PR application was approved. Sept 26 2019. This morning I logged in to check on something and it said ""Latest Update" Your background check was completed on August 9, 2019. Why did it change that info? I logged in again about an hour later, and it was back to the original "Final Decision-Your application was approved." I know this question seems ridiculous, but why would that post have changed then changed back? Does that mean someone has been into my account???? or does it just mean nothing...and was a system error. After going through the whole process (which was VERY stressful) I have a fear of IRCC suddenly saying, "Oh we made a mistake...we don't want you here." ugh!!! I REALLY hope someday that feeling will go away...

Hi @cindyestteacher !

After almost 2 years of process, trust me I know how stressful this is. In my opinion, we don't have anything to worry about at this point. Once the process comes to an end and the final decision is made, they do not change it, and it is clearly stated also for the sponsors because sometimes the sponsor wants to withdraw the application after the final decision, but IRCC won't do it.

As far as I know, they will only revoke your PR if you commit a heinous crime, if you're absent from Canada for more than 2 years out of 5, etc. The inadmissibility reasons can be found here: Reasons you may be inadmissible to Canada

But since this is not your case, I believe you do not have anything to fear or worry about.

It is probably a gap in their system, not even means they are checking your application. For example, I became PR on the 15th of May 2020 and my application still states that they are reviewing additional docs, even after DM and PR received. I believe that once PR is granted, our application is closed and there is nothing else to be done. The final decision is FINAL.

I hope I brought you some relief, but in case you need more clarification I advise you to call IRCC and an agent will be able to give you precise info.

All the best,

André

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi @cindyestteacher !

After almost 2 years of process, trust me I know how stressful this is. In my opinion, we don't have anything to worry about at this point. Once the process comes to an end and the final decision is made, they do not change it, and it is clearly stated also for the sponsors because sometimes the sponsor wants to withdraw the application after the final decision, but IRCC won't do it.

As far as I know, they will only revoke your PR if you commit a heinous crime, if you're absent from Canada for more than 2 years out of 5, etc. The inadmissibility reasons can be found here: Reasons you may be inadmissible to Canada

But since this is not your case, I believe you do not have anything to fear or worry about.

It is probably a gap in their system, not even means they are checking your application. For example, I became PR on the 15th of May 2020 and my application still states that they are reviewing additional docs, even after DM and PR received. I believe that once PR is granted, our application is closed and there is nothing else to be done. The final decision is FINAL.

I hope I brought you some relief, but in case you need more clarification I advise you to call IRCC and an agent will be able to give you precise info.

All the best,

André
Thank you, Andre'. That is very kind of you to answer. :) I just checked my account again and it has returned to the same as it was this morning with "Final Update: Background check was completed on August of 2019. " Not sure why it keeps switching back and forth, but if it is a computer glitch, I REALLY wish they would fix it as it affects my nerves drastically. I had to have a Vulnerable Sector check done this week for my teaching position, and it has finished, but that wouldnt' affect my immigration app, would it? I don't think so anyway..and it came back all good, of course. I try to call IRCC, but the call volume is too high.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Thank you, Andre'. That is very kind of you to answer. :) I just checked my account again and it has returned to the same as it was this morning with "Final Update: Background check was completed on August of 2019. " Not sure why it keeps switching back and forth, but if it is a computer glitch, I REALLY wish they would fix it as it affects my nerves drastically. I had to have a Vulnerable Sector check done this week for my teaching position, and it has finished, but that wouldnt' affect my immigration app, would it? I don't think so anyway..and it came back all good, of course. I try to call IRCC, but the call volume is too high.
Hello. I called IRCC and she didn't seem concerned. She did understand, though, how stressful the process is. She said, "You landed and have received your card. You are finished and a PR now. so nothing to worry about." My husband said I need to stop checking it..and he's right....Whew! I will log in again when I get closer to actually applying for citizenship. I have found the GCKey system is quite overwhelmed and is often "quirky" which is understandable considering the volume of people using it.

ConfusedJ

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-08-2018
AOR Received.
07-09-2018
Med's Request
16-11-2018
Med's Done....