+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Congratulations!!!
I officially became a permanent resident today after 11 months and 23 days!!

PR Timeline - inland spouse sponsorship:

Delivered 1st time: June 4, 2018

Returned for a missing signature: July 27, 2018

Delivered 2nd time: August 1, 2018

Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 28, 2018

Medical Request: October 30, 2018

Medical exam done: November 7, 2018

Medical passed: November 15, 2018

Started working on Application (ECAS): February 21, 2019

DM Sponsor / Sponsor Approval letter (SA): March 11, 2019 from Montreal Hub Office

Background check (BGC) started: May 16, 2019

Approval in Principle (AIP): May 17, 2019 from Hamilton ON Office (letter dated April 26, 2019 but received on May 17, 2019)

DM PA: June 28, 2019

Landing interview email: July 18, 2019

Landed at Hamilton ON office on July 23, 2019

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I called immigration IRCC today and inquired about my case. They say I passed my eligibility on July 12, although I don't have an AIP notification, but that's a good thing, I think and I am VERY GRATEFUL for this news.
My GC Key says they only started on my BGC on July 12. I'm from the US..never lived anywhere else...no military..no govt job...I really wish this wouldn't take much longer, but I understand it can't be predicted.
I know it is wearing on me. I've allowed my mind to go NUTS and think of anything that could happen..CRAZY STUFF..ugh! SO SORRY for my venting..I just have to vent somewhere...and sorry if you're tired of me by now, but I ALWAYS APPRECIATE the support here. I think I'm getting pretty tired of myself. :-( #hangingon #prayingforgoodnews #thankfulforgettingthisfarintheprocess

Last edited:

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
I called immigration IRCC today and inquired about my case. They say I passed my eligibility on July 12, although I don't have an AIP notification, but that's a good thing, I think.
My GC Key says they only started on my BGC on July 12. I'm from the US..never lived anywhere else...no military..no govt job...I really wish this wouldn't take much longer, but I understand it can't be predicted.
I know it is wearing on me. I've allowed my mind to go NUTS and think of anything that could happen..CRAZY STUFF..like..what if I didn't pay a bill before I left (I was getting a divorce at the time.).(although I've learned that bill paying is civil and not criminal and yes I googled it. ;).or what if they find criminal activity that I don't even know about! I've never been in jail in my life..so I think surely if there was anything I would have been notified by now. I've lived here for over 2 years! and my FBI check was clear.) ugh! SO SORRY for my venting..I just have to vent somewhere...and sorry if you're tired of me by now, but I ALWAYS APPRECIATE the support here. I think I'm getting pretty tired of myself. :-( #hangingon #prayingforgoodnews
That pretty good as your file is in Etobicoke right?
Im still hoping for the good

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
That pretty good as your file is in Etobicoke right?
Im still hoping for the good
No, my file is in London, ON...about 1 hour from where I live. Thank you so much for your comment...just a little positive comment goes a long way. Good luck to you, my friend!

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
General question: when you call IRCC, what do you ask them to get information on your file? I read about agents giving out information on the criminality/security/eligibility passed but every time I have called they've only provided me with information that I can see already on mycic.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
General question: when you call IRCC, what do you ask them to get information on your file? I read about agents giving out information on the criminality/security/eligibility passed but every time I have called they've only provided me with information that I can see already on mycic.
I have had a few different agents. Men are usually kinder than women, but not sure why. I always start by telling them thank you for your time. I've had agents tell me that sometimes they can see things we can't...but today the lady that I talked to wasn't as kind (not rude but just not as kind) and asked me if I had checked the GCKey first before calling (which I had). She said, "We can't see anything different than you can, but I'll check." She came back with "You passed your eligibility on July 12th." but my GC Key isn't showing it. So I guess, to answer your question, you can always ask them if they can check to see how far you are on your security/criminality check. You're right. I've heard of some people saying the agent tells them if they are done with BGC. I guess just try it and see. :) Be VERY specific with what you want to know. Hope that helps.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I have had a few different agents. Men are usually kinder than women, but not sure why. I always start by telling them thank you for your time. I've had agents tell me that sometimes they can see things we can't...but today the lady that I talked to wasn't as kind (not rude but just not as kind) and asked me if I had checked the GCKey first before calling (which I had). She said, "We can't see anything different than you can, but I'll check." She came back with "You passed your eligibility on July 12th." but my GC Key isn't showing it. So I guess, to answer your question, you can always ask them if they can check to see how far you are on your security/criminality check. You're right. I've heard of some people saying the agent tells them if they are done with BGC. I guess just try it and see. :) Be VERY specific with what you want to know.
Thank you Cindy!
I hate to say it but I've noticed the same thing about female vs male ircc agents. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice it!

I really thought I was being specific with the questions I was asking which either means I'm unlucky with the agents I get or my application has a negative decision and they don't want to tell me.

It is a very positive sign that you passed eligibility, you'll get the AIP letter once your background check clears

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Thank you Cindy!
I hate to say it but I've noticed the same thing about female vs male ircc agents. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice it!

I really thought I was being specific with the questions I was asking which either means I'm unlucky with the agents I get or my application has a negative decision and they don't want to tell me.

It is a very positive sign that you passed eligibility, you'll get the AIP letter once your background check clears
You know what? We just all need to keep supporting each other. I'm letting my mind run away with me and it makes me feel like I"m crazy at times. If I can get my mind off of things then I tend to feel better. I'm here supporting you, too! :) :) :) :)

jimbo2093

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
So I became a Permanent Resident today at the Vancouver office, arrived at 10am, about a half an hour wait, really friendly chap. Basic questions as posted before by others. After this my wife and I spent the day celebrating. Whole process took just shy of 1 year, see below for timeline. I wish everyone the best of luck in getting to the finish line.

PR & OWP application sent: 31st July 2018
Application Recieved: 2nd August 2018
AOR: 29th August 2018
Successfully Linked application: 20th September 2018
Successfully Linked OWP: 5th November 2018 (was using wrong UCI)
OWP: Approval - 8th November 2018, Received -30th November 2018
Medical: Requested - 30th October 2018, Completed 7th Nov 2018, Passed - 16th Nov 2018
SA: 12th March 2019
AIP: 6th June 2019
DM: 7th June 2019 (Ecas only, no letter)
Interview request: 9th July 2019
Interview Date: 24th July 2019 COPR :D

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
So I became a Permanent Resident today at the Vancouver office, arrived at 10am, about a half an hour wait, really friendly chap. Basic questions as posted before by others. After this my wife and I spent the day celebrating. Whole process took just shy of 1 year, see below for timeline. I wish everyone the best of luck in getting to the finish line.

PR & OWP application sent: 31st July 2018
Application Recieved: 2nd August 2018
AOR: 29th August 2018
Successfully Linked application: 20th September 2018
Successfully Linked OWP: 5th November 2018 (was using wrong UCI)
OWP: Approval - 8th November 2018, Received -30th November 2018
Medical: Requested - 30th October 2018, Completed 7th Nov 2018, Passed - 16th Nov 2018
SA: 12th March 2019
AIP: 6th June 2019
DM: 7th June 2019 (Ecas only, no letter)
Interview request: 9th July 2019
Interview Date: 24th July 2019 COPR :D
OH MY GOODNESS! How exciting!!!!! I'm so happy for you both! It did my heart good to hear that you both celebrated all day. How wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing.

Reactions: jimbo2093

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
I officially became a permanent resident today after 11 months and 23 days!!

PR Timeline - inland spouse sponsorship:

Delivered 1st time: June 4, 2018

Returned for a missing signature: July 27, 2018

Delivered 2nd time: August 1, 2018

Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): August 28, 2018

Medical Request: October 30, 2018

Medical exam done: November 7, 2018

Medical passed: November 15, 2018

Started working on Application (ECAS): February 21, 2019

DM Sponsor / Sponsor Approval letter (SA): March 11, 2019 from Montreal Hub Office

Background check (BGC) started: May 16, 2019

Approval in Principle (AIP): May 17, 2019 from Hamilton ON Office (letter dated April 26, 2019 but received on May 17, 2019)

DM PA: June 28, 2019

Landing interview email: July 18, 2019

Landed at Hamilton ON office on July 23, 2019
Congrats!! Share your experience I will hace mine in 2 days landing interview

Reactions: jimbo2093

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
Hi how to change my last name to my PR application? My last name app my passport. But I want to change it to my husbands last name. I have a Landing appointment soon it’s possible to change them there?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi how to change my last name to my PR application? My last name app my passport. But I want to change it to my husbands last name. I have a Landing appointment soon it’s possible to change them there?
They will issue COPR with the same last name mentioned on your passport and IDs, if those don't show your husbands last name then they can't change it, you should change last name and passport and IDs so they be able to issue COPR with the changed last name but now it's too late for that... you can't do it . You are just gonna have to land with your last name

Reactions: Deh_avilla

olafson1393

Feb 27, 2018
Can you copy paste exactly what it says?
Typically the AIP says:

“It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. Please refer to future correspondence for further information on additional requirements.“

But you are saying that it says you were approved in that letter?
The details of this letter are as follows:

“This refers to your application for PR under spouse or CL partner in Canada class...”

“Authorization to present such an application from inside Canada may be granted to persons...”

“Furthermore, according to section 127...”

“We are pleased to inform you that you meet all preliminary eligibility requirements of the category and therefore your application for permanent residency is approved. However a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met”

I’m assuming that last bit is referring specifically to our ROPR fees that were outstanding, and have now been paid. Later that day my wife also received an email directly from an agent urging us to go online to pay the fees and send them a copy of the receipt via email. We did so, and the agent confirmed that the fees had been applied to her application file.

The following day she received a notification. That begins as follows, “We Are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview...” “You must present yourself to one of our offices within 30 days of the date of this letter”

Followed by instructions of what to bring (which included a Confirmation or Permanent Residence, which we are unsure of what that is... it says “IMPORTANT: If already in your possession, remember to bring with you the document entitled “Confirmation of Permanent Residence” (2 copies))

Thoughts?