+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Any update on your situation?
Update: I was able to talk with a representative. The agent told me I should have been issued an acknowledgement letter that she'll make sure officers send shortly. That the timeline is 112 days for mail applications and I should get the final decision in the beginning of May. Meanwhile, I am legally able to keep working under implied status.

Last edited:

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Here`s my timeline

Application received(PR & OWP) - August 30/18
AOR- September 22/18
Medical request - Nov 13/18
Medical passed - Nov 28/18
OWP Approved - Nov 29/18
OWP Arived by mail - Dec 13/18
SA- Feb 19/19
AIP- March 14/19
DM both sides- March 15/19
DM letter- ????
Landing Letter- April 08/19
Landing Interview- ????? @ Etobicoke office
They have already completed your background check??? Wow! Cool!

Amzz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2014
File Transfer...
25-sep-2014
Med's Request
15-oct-2014
Med's Done....
3-Nov-2014(Medical received)
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
Dm on 24feb ....PPR on 29April
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.....
LANDED..........
Planned in July
i received below email from CIC

Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with: • Living and working in Canada; • Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training; and • Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking communities. If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:

anyone received the same email , i am assuming it is good sign of final call of landing interview
I am Aug 20 Applicant , DM on sponser side and got letter for sponser DM also
will there be any further update or direct landing interview ?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018

Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with: • Living and working in Canada; • Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training; and • Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking communities. If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:

anyone received the same email , i am assuming it is good sign of final call of landing interview
It is a good sign I believe. You still have to wait for approval in principle (AIP) and landing interview letter for everything to be complete.
May I ask which hub/office sent you your sponsor approval letter? (It should say at the bottom)

Amzz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2014
File Transfer...
25-sep-2014
Med's Request
15-oct-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.....
LANDED..........
Planned in July
It is a good sign I believe. You still have to wait for approval in principle (AIP) and landing interview letter for everything to be complete.
May I ask which hub/office sent you your sponsor approval letter? (It should say at the bottom)
Its Winnipeg

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019

It is called Pre-Arrival Services Letter and is actually designed for Outland applicants but a few Inland applicants get them, by error.
Although it is believed that the letter has no bearing in your timeline (for the inland applicants), outland applicants tend to get it after they pass their eligibility (a.k.a AIP = eligible to apply for a PR but pending security and criminality BGC). So you need to wait for your actual AIP, DM and Landing Interview Invitation letters.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
It is called Pre-Arrival Services Letter and is actually designed for Outland applicants but a few Inland applicants get them, by error.
Although it is believed that the letter has no bearing in your timeline (for the inland applicants), outland applicants tend to get it after they pass their eligibility (a.k.a AIP = eligible to apply for a PR but pending security and criminality BGC). So you need to wait for your actual AIP, DM and Landing Interview Invitation letters.
I highly doubt that they are sending them out by mistake. Some inland applicants may be just as much in need of pre arrival services as outland applicants.

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I highly doubt that they are sending them out by mistake. Some inland applicants may be just as much in need of pre arrival services as outland applicants.
I 100% agree that some inland applicants need them as well; however, most outland applicants get them and everything that states in the letter points to Outland applicants, starting with the website link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp. It is titled "Get help before arriving in Canada - Pre-arrival services", and the words they chose to use like "These services are available before you arrive".
It also says:
You can access most pre-arrival services if you meet these 2 requirements:
  • You have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter (COPR), or have been contacted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with a positive decision on the eligibility of your application
  • You live outside of Canada.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I 100% agree that some inland applicants need them as well; however, most outland applicants get them and everything that states in the letter points to Outland applicants, starting with the website link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp. It is titled "Get help before arriving in Canada - Pre-arrival services", and the words they chose to use like "These services are available before you arrive".
It also says:
You can access most pre-arrival services if you meet these 2 requirements:
  • You have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter (COPR), or have been contacted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with a positive decision on the eligibility of your application
  • You live outside of Canada.
I didn't see that in the email he posted above but either way... if they really don't offer it inland then they should :)

Amzz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2014
File Transfer...
25-sep-2014
Med's Request
15-oct-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.....
LANDED..........
Planned in July
Just to confirm , yes i am inland applicant and even it stated in email that if attachment is missing or you are unable to open the attachment contact Etobicoke landing office

Wifortiz

Dec 4, 2018
Category........
FAM
Just to confirm , yes i am inland applicant and even it stated in email that if attachment is missing or you are unable to open the attachment contact Etobicoke landing office
When did you received Sponsor Approval??