+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

fortnite12

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
The lawyer SHOULD be getting the appropriate correspondence and be able to check the status of your app. They should also be communicating any updates to you. I didnt receive any emails for DM yet though, which I'm guessing is what would trigger the lawyer to communicate updates with you.
Yea I was wondering cause I keep checking the service site and it says the same thing. Then I’m seeing the time lines of later ones soooo.... n this is depressing I wanna visit my family and being told it’s not a good idea to travel

Reactions: Linda_s74

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Yea I was wondering cause I keep checking the service site and it says the same thing. Then I’m seeing the time lines of later ones soooo.... n this is depressing I wanna visit my family and being told it’s not a good idea to travel
If you have an eTA, valid visitor visa (if you are from a visa required country) and your OWP, you should be OK, but you would be taking a risk by leaving the country.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

fortnite12

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
If you have an eTA, valid visitor visa (if you are from a visa required country) and your OWP, you should be OK, but you would be taking a risk by leaving the country.
Everyone says the same thing but drops that notation at the bottom “the risk”

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Everyone says the same thing but drops that notation at the bottom “the risk”
yeah, i think its just matter of days and you will receive your dm letter, then you can go with peace of mind. Well, you can go now also if its really urgent and going for say 2-3 weeks.I have seen few people who went to their home country with their spouse and returned without any issue. But as you are really near end of process, i guess you can wait few more weeks. Choice is really yours. :)

Reactions: Nina99

fortnite12

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
yeah, i think its just matter of days and you will receive your dm letter, then you can go with peace of mind. Well, you can go now also if its really urgent and going for say 2-3 weeks.I have seen few people who went to their home country with their spouse and returned without any issue. But as you are really near end of process, i guess you can wait few more weeks. Choice is really yours. :)
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I’m a august 31 applicant so if anyone 3 days before or after me get anything after owp let me know pleAse

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Does anyone else have this message under the application status section on gckey?

"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Does anyone else have this message under the application status section on gckey?

"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."
Yes. Here's what ours says:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

jujubala

Aug 29, 2018
Sponsor Approval :)

Principal applicant received and email:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.

:):)

Last edited: