Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Seeing that a couple September applicants have recieved approval of their OWP, yet still no word on mine.

The wait is excruciating enough without them planted seeds of doubt in my mind that something is wrong with my application.

Any other late August applicants still waiting? I'm Aug 29th.

fortnite12

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Seeing that a couple September applicants have recieved approval of their OWP, yet still no word on mine.

The wait is excruciating enough without them planted seeds of doubt in my mind that something is wrong with my application.

Any other late August applicants still waiting? I'm Aug 29th.
I’m waiting

Keerthimuddam

Nov 30, 2018
I’m waiting
We are still waiting our application was applied online on Aug 23 .My application number was updated on Aug 24 but my husbands application number was updated n Aug 28th .
My husband is the primary applicant so we were considering our application received date as Aug 28 but according to the application details the received date is been shown as Aug 24th and we didn't receive any update on our applications yet.
Not sure which date to be considered as the application received date and still how long the wait is going to be:(

Last edited:

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
We are still waiting our application was applied online on Aug 23 .My application number was updated on Aug 24 but my husbands application number was updated n Aug 28th .
My husband is the primary applicant so we were considering our application received date as Aug 28 but according to the application details the received date is been shown as Aug 24th and we didn't receive any update on our applications yet.
Not sure which date to be considered as the application received date and still how long the is wait going to be:(
When did CIC receive your PR application? Unless I'm misunderstanding your comments and comment history, you mention that you applied for your work permit online? If you submitted your PR application around August 23/24, then your original work permit should have been submitted as a paper copy along with your PR application.

Keerthimuddam

Nov 30, 2018
When did CIC receive your PR application? Unless I'm misunderstanding your comments and comment history, you mention that you applied for your work permit online? If you submitted your PR application around August 23/24, then your original work permit should have been submitted as a paper copy along with your PR application.
We have submitted our PR Paper based on July 30
AOR : Sep 17
Applied Work permit online on Aug 23

Last edited:

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018
Someone from September just passed their medical exam a few days ago, amd now their background chrkc is being processed. How come mom of ours are?

He gave his biometrics ahead.
I'm confused, I think I remember biometrics not being needed since it wasn't even established in Canada yet?

Last edited:

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Below are my timelines:

Application sent:
24th Aug 2018 (Police certificate and Schedule A submitted upfront).
Application received: 28th Aug 2018
AOR Received: 21st Sept 2018
Medical Request: 9th Nov 2018
Medical Completed: 14th Nov 2018
Medical Passed: 26th Nov 2018
OWP Approved: 29th Nov 2018
OWP arrived in mail: 6th Dec 2018 (Location: Toronto)
Background hasn't started yet

Keerthimuddam

Nov 30, 2018
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that until you have received AIP (approval in principle), you can only submit the work permit application through paper (mail).
Is it we have applied through a consultant :( Is there a mistake in our application process.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario

Keerthimuddam

Nov 30, 2018
I think that might have been a mistake. Perhaps try to call CIC to confirm?

Here is what the official immigration page says, which says you need to mail in your OWP if you've already submitted your PR app, but haven't yet received approval in prinicple (AIP):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17
We received a PNP approval letter stating that we can apply for a work permit and we need to attach the PNP approval Letter while applying for the work permit.
Even then do we have to do a paper work for our work permit ?
As i have been added as a dependent for my spouse you already had a valid PG workpermit while applying for the new,and both of our PNP ( BC Provincial Nominee Program) was approved for work permit extension which was approved on June 13.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
We received a PNP approval letter stating that we can apply for a work permit and we need to attach the PNP approval Letter while applying for the work permit.
Even then do we have to do a paper work for our work permit ?
As i have been added as a dependent for my spouse you already had a valid PG workpermit while applying for the new,and both of our PNP ( BC Provincial Nominee Program) was approved for work permit extension which was approved on June 13.
Oh, that sounds like it's a unique situation that most of us who are applying for inland PR with OWP do not go through. Sorry if I scared you, you might be doing things correctly since it seems that your OWP isn't tied to your PR process.