+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Koshizu26

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
If you linked your owp application on mycic then you will be able to see the status there. If it is linked, it will just say "submitted" until you actually receive approval.
Thanks for reply.
I checked MyCIC to link application but couldn't find OWP category.
And my husband got an e-mail to link PR application, CIC send an another e-mail to link OWP application separately?
If I didn't link my OWP application, does it affect to precess time for it?

Koshizu26

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
Thanks for reply.
And my husband got an e-mail to link PR application, CIC send an another e-mail to link OWP application separately?
I found out how to link OWP application!! Damn, I wish I would knew ealier.. :(
I'm glad I found it now though.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for reply.
OWP was under "temporary residence"

Reactions: Koshizu26

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I was told this week on the Help Line that I can't link our App until my sponsor (my common-law sponsor) is approved as my sponsor. For some reason, I was thinking they wouldn't have given me my OWP without him being approved first, but I guess I was wrong. (any input here???)
Anyhow, I had my medical this week. I suppose the long waiting game begins now.
If they need more info from me, will they call me or email?

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018
I was told this week on the Help Line that I can't link our App until my sponsor (my common-law sponsor) is approved as my sponsor. For some reason, I was thinking they wouldn't have given me my OWP without him being approved first, but I guess I was wrong. (any input here???)
I have both my applications linked so not sure why you couldn't? Did you use a representative?

The sponsor being approved is one of the steps of the PR application later on, I don't know why they don't do it first, seems like a waste of time. I would assume they do a quick check before anything else..

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Incorrect and it's crazy they'd give you wrong info on something so basic. You can link your app as soon as you get the AOR as it provides all the necessary info to link it.

MashusCa

Nov 21, 2018
Does anyone know what’s next now?? Security background but how long is the wait for the next step??
And I’m going on vacations in February for 3 weeks I don’t think that would affect my process right? Since I have my OWP
Thanks

Last edited:

pr2018_ct

Jul 29, 2018
Does anyone know what’s next now?? Security background but how long is the wait for the next step??
And I’m going on vacations in February for 3 weeks I don’t think that would affect my process right? Since I have my OWP
Thanks
The OWP says it's not valid for re-entry so it doesn't guarantee you can come back in if you leave the country for vacation. You assume all the same risks as usual.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

MashusCa

Nov 21, 2018
The OWP says it's not valid for re-entry so it doesn't guarantee you can come back in if you leave the country for vacation. You assume all the same risks as usual.
Hello yes I know that but I have my ETA already and that doesn’t expire until my passport expires.
So I’m theory I’m ok with my OWP and my ETA
Right?

Reactions: BR_ESL

oshinz12

Mar 4, 2018
Resubmitted Application: PR & OWP: 2018/08/28
Application Received: PR: August 29, 2018 OWP: August 22, 2018
AOR Received: 2018/09/22
Medical Request: 2018/11/13
Medical Exam Completed: 2018/11/16

Hey folks, I've completed my examination but I have yet to see any update on my linked profiles. And I'm 10 days away from the examination request period being passed. Is there anything I have missed?
Also my OWP is still saying processing eligibility.

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
PR & OWP - CPC Mississauga
Police certificate and Schedule A submitted upfront.
Application recieved: 29th August
AoR received: 22nd September
Medical request: 9th November
Medical completed: 27th November
Medical passed: 3rd December
OWP: Waiting

pr2018_ct

Jul 29, 2018
Hello yes I know that but I have my ETA already and that doesn’t expire until my passport expires.
Right?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html

I'm not an expert, but the above states that an eta does not guarantee entry. Similarly, your owp does not guarantee entry. Since neither document guarantees you any right to enter the country I would reason that you are at the mercy of the border officers and so there is non-0 risk.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018
Right?
You're fine. The risks are the same as for anyone with a work or study permit. They all always say it doesn't guarantee re entry. So you're fine.
I mean yeah if you show up at the border naked, drunk and armed they won't let you in even with your OWP sure, but under normal circumstances there is no reason they wouldn't let you in.

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018
Application recieved: 20th August
AoR received: Never
Medical request: October 30th
Medical completed: 28th November
Medical passed: 3rd December
OWP Approved: November 27th
OWP received: waiting..