15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Still says Not Applicable.

Has anyone gotten an RCMP fingerprint request? Or had their background status change to In Process? Seems like people who've applied in the months before and after us had this progress already
My background check still says "Not Applicable" as well.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Okay. Thank you. I actually might be "stuck" at medicals right now because they are requiring that I get my un-accompanying children in the US medical exams. I am working to get documentation and wrote a Stat of Dec in hopes of getting that taken care of, but at any rate, I think I"m stuck for the moment. They said they are extending my medical info to Feb 18.

nhtt

Jul 20, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Can anybody give me some advise here?
i am an august application. medical reuqested and passed in Nov 2018. My currently PGWP is expiring in July 2019.

My husband and I were debating if we should have applied for another one last August. We decided not to because my WP then still have 11 months of validity. I went online to check the eligibility and see this:

You may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if:

• you applied for permanent residence
  • your current work permit expires in 4 months or less
  • you have valid status on your work permit
  • you are currently in Canada
You can only qualify if you applied to one of these permanent residence programs:

• Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Canadian Experience Class,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • Provincial Nominee Program,
  • Caring for Children Class, or
  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.
Theoretically speaking, I am elibigle to apply but I might not be qualified as I applied through inland sponsorship instead of those program listed above.

I also looked up the pilot open work permit program it writes:
As of December 22, 2014, open work permits may be issued under a pilot program to applicants who are in the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class. The duration of this pilot program has been extended to January 31, 2019.

So... from all the infomation above... will I still be able to extend my permit? Would that mean I have to apply before Jan 31, 2019?

Thanks!!!

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
I am concerned because many of you have said your Background check has begun BUT I am currently "hung up" with them asking for medicals for my non-accompanying dependents..Could that be the reason I am behind everyone else?

When I log in with my Sign In Key it says this: Is this common?
Review of eligibility
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Review of medical results We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details I have learned from my local MP's office that they have received MY medical and are giving me additional time to try to get medicals for my non-acc children. But would this hold up the rest of my app? I don't mind. I am just wondering.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi @cindyestteacher

I have passed meds on October 31st and it took 20 days to get the update on my account. Since my status changed to meds passed, I haven't heard anything from them, except for the OWP approval. I'm still waiting for the background check.

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Can anybody give me some advise here?
i am an august application. medical reuqested and passed in Nov 2018. My currently PGWP is expiring in July 2019.

My husband and I were debating if we should have applied for another one last August. We decided not to because my WP then still have 11 months of validity. I went online to check the eligibility and see this:

You may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if:

• you applied for permanent residence
  • your current work permit expires in 4 months or less
  • you have valid status on your work permit
  • you are currently in Canada
You can only qualify if you applied to one of these permanent residence programs:

• Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Canadian Experience Class,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • Provincial Nominee Program,
  • Caring for Children Class, or
  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.
Theoretically speaking, I am elibigle to apply but I might not be qualified as I applied through inland sponsorship instead of those program listed above.

I also looked up the pilot open work permit program it writes:
As of December 22, 2014, open work permits may be issued under a pilot program to applicants who are in the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class. The duration of this pilot program has been extended to January 31, 2019.

So... from all the infomation above... will I still be able to extend my permit? Would that mean I have to apply before Jan 31, 2019?

Thanks!!!
Hello @nhtt !

If you applied for Spouse Sponsorship in Canada, you are eligible to apply for an OWP.

In this case it won't be an extension of your current PGWP, but a new one, it's gonna be an Open Work Permit.

As far as we know this pilot program was already extended until January 31st 2019, and we don't know if it will be extended again or not. So if you want to apply, this might be the last chance.

Once you got an OWP, it will be valid for 2 years, so you don't have to worry anymore about your status and work permit until decision of permanent residence is made.

The criteria that applies to you in this case are:

Officers will issue open work permits to SCLPC class applicants if they meet the following requirements:

• a permanent residence application has been submitted under the SCLPC class and is currently being processed, or has been received, by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for processing
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse has submitted a sponsorship application on their behalf
  • the SCLPC class applicant resides at the same address as the sponsor
  • the SCLPC class applicant has valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student or worker), or is eligible to restore their temporary resident status, and has submitted the restoration application with their application for permanent residence
More info here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

Hope it helps,
André

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Has anyone completed their back ground check yet or started the eligibility check. I am a September 11th applicant and I am curious about your timelines?