+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Marilena

Oct 10, 2018
Toronto
Just got my spouse's OWP approved for 2 years :):):)

Date Applied: Aug 14th
OWP approved: Nov 15

However, there wasn't any document attached in the cic account. Do they send it by mail or am I missing something?

Thanks.

However, there wasn't any document attached in the cic account. Do they send it by mail or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Congrats! You should receive it via mail within 10 days to 2 weeks. I got mine today after having been e mailed on Nov 6th.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Can I apply for her health benefits and SIN based on the attachment in the CIC account?
I think it's not possible to apply for the SIN if you have a visitors visa or a student/work permit with less than 6 months (but I might be wrong).
In BC, I applied for the medical plan (MSP).

I believe it's not possible to apply for MSP online with a visitor visa (which is my case) because on the application system they require your work or study permit number to continue the application. I went to the Acces Centre in Victoria because I am always going there.

I applied for the MSP right after I paid the PR and OWP fees.
According to the website, it's possible to apply by showing the CIC receipt, however, a few days ago they sent me a letter requesting any immigration documents and I sent my AOR. I believe it will be okay.

Well, if you are far from Victoria I believe it would be fine if you look for the application form on the website, print it and send with the docs by post. I just could not do the step by step online with my visitor visa.
Best,

If you are in BC, you can check this info:
"A spouse or child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the sponsorship fee and application fee for permanent resident status have been paid."

Source: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/are-you-eligible

Last edited:

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018

Thanks.
Congratulations! I'm August 20th, can't wait! Thank you for updating us as we can see it getting closer and closer!

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020

Thanks.
Congrats @karachi-pakistan !!! You'll receive the owp by mail.

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Just got the OWP hard copy today!
That's great @Marilena !!! I'm glad for you! one or two weeks is the average time even if they says 6 weeks span. Let's hope Canada Poste strike's doesn't affect us.

Reactions: Marilena

Jhan47

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi everybody, I'm so glad I found this forum!!!

Here's my timeline:
App received - Aug 13
AOR - Sept 6
MR - Oct 31
MR Received - Nov 17
OWP - ........

I went through the posts and figured I should link my OWP app to my account, but I am not able to do it case I used a representative.

When I ask my Rep about my OWP status he says "the app could not be searched/found" somehow.

Anyone has any idea on whats happening??? Please??

Cheers.

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hello! Just found this thread, my timeline is:
PR application sent: 31st July 2018
AOR: 28th August 2018
Medical Request: Requested - 26th October 2018
Medical Completed: 7th Nov

Please help me with one problem about OWP~ Thank you!!!
I regret that I didn't apply OWP the same time when I applied PR, and it seems that I have to mail OWP application to them instead of online application as I haven't got approval in principle. But when I filled out imm5710 and tried to print it, the security setting shows that Printing is NOT allowed? I tried different computer, different browser and none worked.

Could someone tell me how to solve this problem?
I have similar issue, as I am currently on a post graduate open work permit that expires May 2019. I didn't apply for OWP with my PR, and I am now thinking I may not receive AIP in time. How can I do it by paper? I also read that the rule may change soon. Should I apply in December, 5 month in advance?