Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Also for anyone who has gotten additional documents requests: we’ve had two, and both had about a ten-day turnaround time from our sending and the result: SA about ten days after the first documents, PA about ten days after the second documents.

I got a confirmation via web form that IRCC had received the documents the same day the letter arrived. And GCKEY never did update to “we are reviewing” for either set of documents... and GCKEY hasn’t updated in any way to reflect the AIP letter (letter is linked at bottom of page but page still says “we are reviewing your eligibility” and so on for all other stages).
Hi there Thanks for the information! :) I can't remember if you are the one that I've asked before, but what documents were you asked to send? I apologize if I have already asked you this question.

Reactions: luckyrabbit13

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Also for anyone who has gotten additional documents requests: we’ve had two, and both had about a ten-day turnaround time from our sending and the result: SA about ten days after the first documents, PA about ten days after the second documents.

I got a confirmation via web form that IRCC had received the documents the same day the letter arrived. And GCKEY never did update to “we are reviewing” for either set of documents... and GCKEY hasn’t updated in any way to reflect the AIP letter (letter is linked at bottom of page but page still says “we are reviewing your eligibility” and so on for all other stages).
Congrats on finally getting AIP!!!:)

Did you get the doc request for PA before or after your BGC started?

Reactions: luckyrabbit13

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
BGC started in early/mid-May (I think? Hard to know!) and the PA document request came after about a month (mid-June). I almost wonder if there’s some sort of timer on our files because updates seem to happen mid-month for me and we sent our application in mid-August...

GCKEY is still showing BGC in process, so who knows :)

The first doc request was for Sponsor tax information and SA came after that; the second doc request was proof of cohabitation/residency in Canada (I guess since we are inland track?) and PA came after that.

And we answered both doc requests via email as well as uploading (just in case haha). Didn’t get acknowledgement of receipt immediately for either submission — eventually GCKEY updated to “received” but I think they had already reviewed the docs by that point given the timeline. GCKey has now updated that Documents Required line to “not applicable” but that’s the only line on GCKey to change so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: Linda_s74

Gloriousgirl

Sep 12, 2018
I landed yesterday in Calgary. It was a short 5 minute process and we went downstairs to Service Canada and got a new SIN. I wish everyone still waiting some good news soon. I am thinking about you all and I check this forum everyday and smile when I see news that one more person has received AIP or DM. I am praying and hoping for a smooth and quick finish for everyone, especially our very thoughtful and kind Jojo.who has celebrated everyone's victory and encouraged everyone who was sad. I will still be here should anyone have questions.

Enrique gomez

Mar 12, 2019
I landed yesterday in Calgary. It was a short 5 minute process and we went downstairs to Service Canada and got a new SIN. I wish everyone still waiting some good news soon. I am thinking about you all and I check this forum everyday and smile when I see news that one more person has received AIP or DM. I am praying and hoping for a smooth and quick finish for everyone, especially our very thoughtful and kind Jojo.who has celebrated everyone's victory and encouraged everyone who was sad. I will still be here should anyone have questions.
Congratulations!!! And thank you for those words, thanks for sharing with us too

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Just thought I would ask once more, but is there anyone on this forum whose file was transferred to London, ON? Mine was transferred there on May 1. I didn't receive a letter stating this, but I learned of this after I called and spoke to an agent.

Pirlo@21

Dec 6, 2018
Just thought I would ask once more, but is there anyone on this forum whose file was transferred to London, ON? Mine was transferred there on May 1. I didn't receive a letter stating this, but I learned of this after I called and spoke to an agent.
My file was transferred to London ON as well but I'm not worried about it when they're done with it they will contact us

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
My file was transferred to London ON as well but I'm not worried about it when they're done with it they will contact us
Oh hey there! Good to know. I never received a letter or anything telling me that. I got the info from an agent when I called. Is London your local office by chance (not asking for specifics of course) but London is only an hour away from me. How did you know yours was transferred if you don' tmind me asking. :) Thanks for responding by the way.

Pirlo@21

Dec 6, 2018
Oh hey there! Good to know. I never received a letter or anything telling me that. I got the info from an agent when I called. Is London your local office by chance (not asking for specifics of course) but London is only an hour away from me. How did you know yours was transferred if you don' tmind me asking. :) Thanks for responding by the way.
I called the call center agent to know where my file was because it was in Montreal before and London is my local office because I live there

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
“Further assessment” isn’t necessarily bad, it just means they aren’t done. It seemed like my file got transferred to a different place for each step: medical at the first one, Sponsor eligibility at the next, PA eligibility at the third...

Have they sent any document requests? That might tell you what’s being assessed currently.
Mine is transferred for further assessment
What could be the assessment means?

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
(Also I never got a single update for file transfer, I think it’s normal only to learn about transfer by calling and specifically asking— and you have to get an agent who both knows/can see and will tell you!)

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Okay so I just spoke to a GREAT agent to confirmed that my file was transferred to the London office for "work load re-distribution" only.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I called the call center agent to know where my file was because it was in Montreal before and London is my local office because I live there
Hey! Same to for me too! :) Sounds like we're in the same boat. Good luck to you and thank you again for responding. I appreciate it.

Last edited: