+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hello, everyone! I learned today that my file was sent to the London, Ontario office not because it was my local office but because they have a question about my non-accompanying minor children who refuse to get medicals even though I have sent two Declarations saying I give up my right to sponsor them in the future with all documentation. They are now starting over with my application which they told me can take 18-24 months. NEEDLESS to say...I am devastated.
I wish you all much luck....please send prayers/good vibes my way. Thank you so much. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this group.
Sorry to hear that! How old are your children? If they are not far away from being considered "non dependent" then you can wait out the process. If they are young I would suggest going w a lawyer who can help you out as some have been denied for this reason.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Sorry to hear that! How old are your children? If they are not far away from being considered "non dependent" then you can wait out the process. If they are young I would suggest going w a lawyer who can help you out as some have been denied for this reason.
There are 4
One will be 22 in August. He is now married and has 2 children.
2- He will be 21 in October. He is in a common law relationship with 2 children.
3-Daughter who is 18, but has refused to have a medical done and was in the custody of her father when my app was sent in.
4-Son who is 16 and his father has custody. I sent him an email exchange from their father and me with me requesting the medicals and his reply which read "They do not have my permission to be examined medically or otherwise."

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
There are 4
One will be 22 in August. He is now married and has 2 children.
2- He will be 21 in October. He is in a common law relationship with 2 children.
3-Daughter who is 18, but has refused to have a medical done and was in the custody of her father when my app was sent in.
4-Son who is 16 and his father has custody. I sent him an email exchange from their father and me with me requesting the medicals and his reply which read "They do not have my permission to be examined medically or otherwise."
So the two oldest ones are not considered dependent but the two youngest ones are. One thing you can try (since they are old enough to speak for themselves) is to get a letter from the kids saying that they are not doing the medical and agree to not ever be sponsored by you. And have it notarized.

Reactions: jojo2969

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Hello, everyone! I learned today that my file was sent to the London, Ontario office not because it was my local office but because they have a question about my non-accompanying minor children who refuse to get medicals even though I have sent two Declarations saying I give up my right to sponsor them in the future with all documentation. They are now starting over with my application which they told me can take 18-24 months. NEEDLESS to say...I am devastated.
I wish you all much luck....please send prayers/good vibes my way. Thank you so much. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this group.
Wow that’s terrible, sorry to hear that :/

Reactions: Catems

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I am sorry to hear this Cindy. You should consult Immigration lawyer. They know stuff that we don't even have idea about. They are there to bring people out of such situations. No harm in consulting an immigration lawyer. In Toronto downtown there are many lawyers who are really good. .

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hello. Can someone please give me the link again to order the notes from my case? Thank you so much for your time.

Reactions: Enrique gomez

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Here is the link to the CIC website. You’re Inland, so you don’t need to use a service, and you don’t have to pay. Good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/request-privacy-act.html

EDIT: gave you the wrong link at first, sorry! This is the correct one :) just click the Apply Online button to get to the form.

Hello. Can someone please give me the link again to order the notes from my case? Thank you so much for your time.

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Okay....well....I'm here again...I had some criss-crossed wires this morning, and, as usual, I panicked. What I was told was not a 100% fact that it was sent to London and being stalled because of medicals...It was that it was a possibiliity, HOWEVER, I have also learned that London is my home office and that that would be where I would get my PR card, etc...so, I think we'll sit and wait to hear anything further.

Last edited:

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Okay....well....I'm here again...I had some criss-crossed wires this morning, and, as usual, I panicked. What I was told was not a fact that it was sent to London and being stalled because of medicals...It was that it was a possibiliity, HOWEVER, I have also learned that London is my home office and that that would be where I would get my PR card, etc...so, I think we'll sit and wait to hear anything further.
Keep calm and wait :)

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Yay!

I still recommend ordering notes, though. Might put your mind at ease.
Okay....well....I'm here again...I had some criss-crossed wires this morning, and, as usual, I panicked. What I was told was not a 100% fact that it was sent to London and being stalled because of medicals...It was that it was a possibiliity, HOWEVER, I have also learned that London is my home office and that that would be where I would get my PR card, etc...so, I think we'll sit and wait to hear anything further.