App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Hm, I have a landing interview scheduled but didn't get a pre-arrival letter. Is that normal? Decision Made on both sides in ecas, but no updates on GCKey.
Yes it happens, nothing to be worried about. Landing interview is a formality, DM means you are good to go!

Reactions: pr2018_ct

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
GCKey is back up... and I had a ghost update! Nothing on ecas tho... maybe the update just had something to do with maintenance on GCKey.
Hey man, ghost update is better than no update :D. I’m sure something is going to move for you soon, and hopefully once it does, everything will go forward at once!

samirp91

May 16, 2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2018
I got a pre-arrival letter. What does that mean? Background check is still in process.

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
I got a pre-arrival letter. What does that mean? Background check is still in process.
Probably means you passed eligibility, pending BGC to be completed if not already, your next step is most likely DM and landing interview.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Probably means you passed eligibility, pending BGC to be completed if not already, your next step is most likely DM and landing interview.
Hi man you seems experienced
Can u tell me something about my situation
My file was transferred to local office etobicoke from Vancouver after SA (same day they start reviewing my eligibility)
Bgc still in process from 1 feb2019
Got SA on 22 may 2019
Last week call agent told me that its on etobicoke now
Does it mean i need to go for interview?
They didnt even tell me that its transferred to etobicoke
Thanks

Reactions: jojo2969

samirp91

May 16, 2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2018
GCKey is back up... and I had a ghost update! Nothing on ecas tho... maybe the update just had something to do with maintenance on GCKey.
I had a ghost update too and then a day or two later, I got the pre-arrival letter. I think the ghost update may not be a ghost update. Because when I called and asked them, they said that there's two parts to a background check:
  1. Actual background check
  2. Security check
They may have finished the background check and be going through the security check or vice versa.

Reactions: luckyrabbit13

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
It really seems like the order of the process varies a lot, and the only way to know the precise stage order for your specific case is to look at your GCMS notes. For some people BGC comes first, for some they start BGC and it takes a long time so eligibility gets decided before that’s done, some people are notified of both at the same time... timing is all down to how it’s working for your specific file.
Does anybody know if immigration start processing background checks once the person met the eligibility requirements?

Enrique gomez

Mar 12, 2019
It really seems like the order of the process varies a lot, and the only way to know the precise stage order for your specific case is to look at your GCMS notes. For some people BGC comes first, for some they start BGC and it takes a long time so eligibility gets decided before that’s done, some people are notified of both at the same time... timing is all down to how it’s working for your specific file.
I see thanks tho, i got SA, on march 27 and same day my elegility started, and last week my bgc started but still hasn't get Email about elegility passed unless my representative got it this week

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Hi man you seems experienced
Can u tell me something about my situation
My file was transferred to local office etobicoke from Vancouver after SA (same day they start reviewing my eligibility)
Bgc still in process from 1 feb2019
Got SA on 22 may 2019
Last week call agent told me that its on etobicoke now
Does it mean i need to go for interview?
They didnt even tell me that its transferred to etobicoke
Thanks
Your application is handled by various offices throughout the country so there is nothing abnormal about getting it transferred. The last transfer is typically your local office for the last steps of the process, being the final decision (DM) and then the landing interview. Timelines for each step varies greatly so it’s hard to say how long it takes.
On the ECAS it will eventually says “Decision Made” when you check your application status and from there you will receive more instructions via email once they set up your landing interview date. Again, timing for that varies greatly from office to office.

Essentially, there are two things you need to keep an eye on, the first one is your GCKEY for any communication about more information needed, your ECAS for decision made and of course your emails for any communication sent to you.

I hope it helps!

Reactions: Sharukh khan

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
I see thanks tho, i got SA, on march 27 and same day my elegility started, and last week my bgc started but still hasn't get Email about elegility passed unless my representative got it this week
It can be all over the place. I received my eligibility passed letter on May 17 but the pdf letter was dated of April 26... so basically I passed the eligibility almost a month before they sent me the letter!!
The most important thing is DM and interview, the rest doesn’t really matter.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Your application is handled by various offices throughout the country so there is nothing abnormal about getting it transferred. The last transfer is typically your local office for the last steps of the process, being the final decision (DM) and then the landing interview. Timelines for each step varies greatly so it’s hard to say how long it takes.
On the ECAS it will eventually says “Decision Made” when you check your application status and from there you will receive more instructions via email once they set up your landing interview date. Again, timing for that varies greatly from office to office.

Essentially, there are two things you need to keep an eye on, the first one is your GCKEY for any communication about more information needed, your ECAS for decision made and of course your emails for any communication sent to you.

I hope it helps!
Really appreciate your time
God bless