+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland APR Eligibility Decision

Manuelkay

Mar 3, 2022
I just received the below from immigration

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common- Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. If you or your family member(s) have updated your passport, please submit a copy of your new passport as soon as possible.

my question is how long will it take and what is the next steps from here also my passport hasn’t expired so will they need only a copy or sometimes they want the original or actual passport?

thanks

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
I just received the below from immigration

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common- Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. If you or your family member(s) have updated your passport, please submit a copy of your new passport as soon as possible.

my question is how long will it take and what is the next steps from here also my passport hasn’t expired so will they need only a copy or sometimes they want the original or actual passport?

thanks
Congratulations on getting that far.
No one knows how long it will take. It depends on the individual who has your file, and how quickly they get all the information they need to make final determination.

Good luck.

Reactions: Manuelkay