+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Applying for a second study permit

sbarro90095

May 23, 2012
My first study permit will expire in 8 months. I have already completed a 1 year program. Meanwhile, I have been accepted to a new program, which starts in September. I plan to apply for a second study permit. If I file for a new study permit, can you tell me what documentation I need to provide? I am filing inland.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sbarro90095 said:
My first study permit will expire in 8 months. I have already completed a 1 year program. Meanwhile, I have been accepted to a new program, which starts in September. I plan to apply for a second study permit. If I file for a new study permit, can you tell me what documentation I need to provide? I am filing inland.
If you present study permit is for post secondary education, you don't need to request a new study permit. You apply to extend your present permit at least 30 days from it's expiry (30 days is recommended, but legally you could apply on the last day of validity)

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would like to apply for masters from closed work permit. any suggestions please.

work permit from jan 1st 2013 to 31 dec 2014. i wish to goto school in sept 2014. will 3 months before be a problem.

would i have to leave the country and come back on this switching.

sbarro90095

May 23, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

If you present study permit is for post secondary education, you don't need to request a new study permit. You apply to extend your present permit at least 30 days from it's expiry (30 days is recommended, but legally you could apply on the last day of validity)
I have already finished my program a few months ago. My visa won't expire until 8 months from now. I have until September before I can resume classes in my new program. I'm worried that If I apply for an study permit extension, that CIC will say that I was out of status. Is that a possibility?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sbarro90095 said:
I have already finished my program a few months ago. My visa won't expire until 8 months from now. I have until September before I can resume classes in my new program. I'm worried that If I apply for an study permit extension, that CIC will say that I was out of status. Is that a possibility?
You have status up to the expiry date of your study permit.