App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
No not yet!! We might hear something today...we have a friend checking our mail while we're staying with my parents. I've also found a lawyer that we'll have a consultation with if we get a refusal, to figure out if it will be better to reapply outland or appeal. We'll see!

Hope you're having a good holidays!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Well, no news is good news. I'm praying for you. It has been hard trying to enjoy this Christmas as I am sure you have experienced as well. All we can think about is when we will be able to start our life together and how long we have to wait. Hope you hear something soon.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I think we might hear something tomorrow, I'm not sure that the post was working today because there was a crazy snowstorm in Quebec. At least we had a good Christmas but I still don't want to know:( I'm sure you'll be fine if you have an interview- 99% of the stories I've read, the interviews go well and the IO just had a couple questions. It sounds awful but I think in our case it all came down to my husband being Moroccan. There's nothing we can do about this and everything happens for a reason I think...if we do end up going to Morocco for a bit I'll come back bilingual..that's a bonus at least!!

Happy New year!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
You have an excellent attitude for somebody your age. I am still very optimistic about your situation. You and I are crazy, we worry about our animals like they are our children. My first baby beagle who is now 14 years old was given to me as a present by my late husband, the other two are her children. They are 13 and 12. How the hell am I ever going to find good homes for a one eyed dog with arthritis and two older dogs that have likely inherited cancer from their father. My youngest dog that is a miniature American Eskimo is 2, he will come to Australia with us if we are forced to go. The ferrets and the birds I won't have any problems with because they will easily fit into any home together. My dogs cannot be separated, they are a pack. This is what is making me sick. My houses and car I will easily sell, and my job I will give up without a problem as I will have more than enough money to carry me until my retirement kicks in and my husband would just love to support me, but the animals they trust me.

I am real happy you had a great Christmas. I hope we can celebrate your New Year with good news. I don't think your case is about discrimination. In all honesty I think it had everything to do with your husband allowing his status to run out and then the two of you marrying with him getting implied status as a result. It was a mistake that a young couple would make. If you were my age, then there would be no excuse.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I'm sure it won't come down to having to have your beagles adopted... I heard that only 8% of inland applications are rejected. But if it does, I know there are people out there who would love to adopt. My neighbors have 5 dogs- one of them is 12, completely deaf and getting cataracts, one has bad arthritis and is bowlegged(he's only 6) and one is so neurotic that she has to take pills. My neighbor adopted most of the dogs from shelters. They are all amazing dogs, and if we had to adopt one or all of them indefinitely and keep all 5 in our tiny apartment, we wouldn't hesitate for a second. So there are other crazies like you and me I'm sure!!

I tried the "young and stupid" argument with the io at the interview, but it didn't fly with her and she said young people should be less likely to lose status because we know how to use the Internet......
My husband actually did attempt to renew his study permit but it didn't end up working out. Our first year of marriage was crazy and we made lots of stupid mistakes with pretty much everything... I have no better explanation for the mistakes we made except that we were very naive and a bit lazy.

Still no letter today... I'm guessing this means the io hasn't made a decision yet, or the letter got lost somewhere. Part of me wishes we heard today so we can get this over with.. I can hardly focus at work. On the other hand if she hasn't made a decision we have more time to send in additional proof. We asked for another 30 days but she's on vacation till the 2nd.

I hope you have a great new years!!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Tow, Believe it or not I have sent you a message a couple of times but I guess it is taking me too long to respond. I think you will hear something this week. Can you please let me know as soon as you do.

I don't know what to say anymore. I am hurting inside watching you go through this and it is reflecting on my own situation. I am hurting watching my husband's self esteem decline because he is not able to work, and of course doesn't have much of an active social surrounding other than myself, my friends and my family and he cannot leave the country to visit his children and grandchildren. Last but not least I can't give him any definite time span about decisions by the CIC. Let's face it his status is good until July of 2013 so why would the CIC put a rush on it, right? You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I feel bad for your husband and mine as well because of the situation they're in. My husband has a positive attitude that stuns me sometimes...if I was in his situation I'd be insanely depressed. Luckily we both have a few close, very supportive friends. My husband has a litter sister and brother who he hasn't seen in over 2 years (they are 16 and 6 and growing up without him) and I know it really hurts him but he hides it well. Regardless of what result we get, this whole process makes me question our right to call ourselves a developed country. Spending 2 years without any kind of health insurance, income or activities is something only the most desperate of people would do for status...but of course the IO won't understand that.

I agree...you can either keep your status renewed and wait years for them to start processing, or let it expire and go through the nightmare we're going through now. The law allows people out of status to be sponsored though and has for years....

Still no letter today. Maybe the IO made a decision on Wednesday and we'll get a letter tomorrow...I just want this to be done because I can't function like this.

I'll definitely let you know as soon as we hear something though!!

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
Hello, I was in the same situation ,I apply in August 2010 they transfer my file in June 2011 before AIP to the local office ,and then in October 2012 I had a interview to prove my relationship and right after the interview I got my AIP , and now they made a desicion and I waiting for the final step

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Tow,

I am feeling your pain right now. Perhaps today you will hear something. I know how hard it is to work in this situation. I spent about an hour with my boss yesterday explaining this very demeaning process and how it has been effecting me in my job. She asked me to take on a very difficult task because of my organizational skills and I told her that all the organizational skills in the world wouldn't do me any good right now because my concentration is directed soley on the results of this application. I am a decision maker and someone that is generally in control. Right now, I feel powerless.

I pray you hear something today. Right here with you!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Valeco said:
Hello, I was in the same situation ,I apply in August 2010 they transfer my file in June 2011 before AIP to the local office ,and then in October 2012 I had a interview to prove my relationship and right after the interview I got my AIP , and now they made a desicion and I waiting for the final step
I'm really glad everything worked our for you! Was your interview anything like mine was? :( I guess not since you got AIP right afterwards. I hope you get good news very very soon!!

We didn't get a letter yesterday either. We will send in another envelope of stuff on Monday though. At least it will give us something to do during the wait...or maybe the IO made a decision yesterday and we'll hear on Monday or Tuesday.

Luckily my boss and everyone I work with knows about our interview dilemma and they know that I'm still waiting. I'm hopelessly unproductive though and I'm hoping I can do something to change it!!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Tow,

Hope you hear something today. I can't believe you have been put through this over the holidays.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I checked our application status online just now and it says that a decision has been made on the 2nd, and a letter was sent to us the same day. So I know what it will be. It says decision made under sponsorship and under permanent residency...it says the file was in process starting January 2nd ad a decision was made on the same day. So there's no way this can be anything but a refusal. It's going to be devastating for us of course but we also have solid grounds for judicial review because the io was clearly more concerned with making a decision before her vacation than anything else.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Tow,

You know how sorry I am about this and I really don't know what to say. I wish I had the answer for you but I don't. I can't say I wouldn't do the same with regard to the appeal, because at a much younger age I probably would. As I am sure you are aware there is an appeal thread on this site with some very experienced people. You won't have much time to organize it because options are limited for inland appeals. Although there are people who will tell you a lawyer isn't necessary it is. The lawyer will be able to figure out where this initially went wrong and also pick up on the IO's mistakes.

Whatever you do, if there is information that the CIC was never given, make sure you get it, no matter what the cost. You will only have one crack at this.

Let me know when you receive your letter.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I just scheduled a consultation with a lAwyer for Thursday. We had already decided on one right after the interview...he's in Toronto and one of the best in Canada apparently. What we need to figure out is if it would be better to move to morocco and reapply Outland, or to challenge the decision in court. Either way we'll need a lawyer... Neither of us would ever consider doing another application without a lawyers help. We've had such a bad experience with the consultant that we only want the best of the best no matter how expensive it will be.

First we need the letter. It didn't show up today and was sent out on the 2nd so either it will show up tomorrow or the consultant got it.