+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
NadiaVan said:
Hi everyone,

We went for our DM (decision made) interview on the 16th Mar 2017. We got approved! I am landed in that office and my PR card will be mailed in 45 days. We would like to thank everyone whose been with us in this journey! It was draggy, stressful, confusing and we won't be able to make it if it weren't for this community here.

The interview was breezy. We get to see the collection of our forms that we had sent to the immigration office. We had around 15 minutes of briefing together before we were asked to be interview separately for approximately 15-20 minutes. Questions like 'Have I been convicted in Canada?', 'Have I been denied entry to Canada before this?', 'Do I have any medical condition?'. Also questions that will help to prove the authenticity of our relationship. Domestic questions like 'What do I like the most about my husband?', 'Is there any problem in the relationship that the officer should know about?'. We also brought documents that was asked in the invitation email. The officer asked to see 6 months of payslips, 12 months of hydro bills, phone bills and rent, tenancy agreement, 12 months of bank statement, auto insurance for 2015 and 2016, original marriage certificate and original travel documents.

Please update our status on the spreadsheet. Thank you very much. And to those still waiting, we wish you all the best. Good luck and may good news arrived soon :)
Hi- Is this a DM interview? I thought DM interview is like 5 minutes and 3 questions and the relationship authenticity has already been approved.
What is your application timeline? which office you landed?

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
If someone can tell me what documents should me and sponsor carry for the landing interview that would be great.
The letter just state that original identity documents nothing else

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kapilhere said:
Hi- Is this a DM interview? I thought DM interview is like 5 minutes and 3 questions and the relationship authenticity has already been approved.
What is your application timeline? which office you landed?
They can conduct a relationship interview at any stage until they hand you your COPR. Therefore, what they did here, was make the relationship interview part of the landing interview. Not as common, but can happen -- especially in areas where the local VO is a fair distance from where you live.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
profiler said:
They can conduct a relationship interview at any stage until they hand you your COPR. Therefore, what they did here, was make the relationship interview part of the landing interview. Not as common, but can happen -- especially in areas where the local VO is a fair distance from where you live.
Oh my...that's exactly our case. We live 5 hours north from the local VO and we are having the landing interview tomorrow. I already prepared all the documents, just in case

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
Oh my...that's exactly our case. We live 5 hours north from the local VO and we are having the landing interview tomorrow. I already prepared all the documents, just in case
You only need to bring with you what they've asked for. If they decide to conduct one of those "last double-check" type of interviews, it will likely only be to get a better feeling about the relationship.

In our case, it would be unlikely to have this type of interview. We are < 15 min drive from the Kitchener office.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
profiler said:
You only need to bring with you what they've asked for. If they decide to conduct one of those "last double-check" type of interviews, it will likely only be to get a better feeling about the relationship.

In our case, it would be unlikely to have this type of interview. We are < 15 min drive from the Kitchener office.
Yeah, you're lucky. We are driving there today just to be ready on time tomorrow. I'd better take all the papers and documents just in case.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
Yeah, you're lucky. We are driving there today just to be ready on time tomorrow. I'd better take all the papers and documents just in case.
Understood. Drive safe, and best of luck tomorrow! We got SA yesterday, and from others who applied on the same day, AIP seems to be 3 business days behind. So, we should be done soon too!

Christine_Y

Jul 22, 2015
They work Saturdays too!!!

km9203 said:
Maybe call them, as the office is only open Mon-Fri according to the CIC website and the 25th is a Saturday. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-dsp.jsp?rc=3589&lang=eng

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Christine_Y said:
They work Saturdays too!!!
It's an easy way to bank some overtime...

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
profiler said:
Understood. Drive safe, and best of luck tomorrow! We got SA yesterday, and from others who applied on the same day, AIP seems to be 3 business days behind. So, we should be done soon too!
Thanks. Congrats on SA!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone who assisted me during this process. At times it did get little overwhelming. But I am glad it's all behind now. Landed at Etobicoke office, it took merely 10-15 minutes ( but yes to get to our number we did wait for more than hr) once we were called, it was such a quick and easy process, all they asked was RPRF receipt , landing letter, passport, photograph (just one) , Id for applicant and sponsor. That's it. Simple questions , not exactly question but reconfirming the entry date, passport details and date of birth etc. I (applicant) was asked if I left Canada during the process?? If I have any dependent ?? And if I were refused the entry to Canada after the application was filed, and told the sponsor about the 2 years condition. That's about it. And then told us to wait near another window to get a new permanent SIN number.
It was so quick that we didn't even realize how it got over.
To everyone who's waiting - I wish you all the best and time to time I will visit this forum just to see if I can give any kinda information based on my experience.
Thanks you everyone !!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
confusedhusband said:
First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone who assisted me during this process. At times it did get little overwhelming. But I am glad it's all behind now. Landed at Etobicoke office, it took merely 10-15 minutes ( but yes to get to our number we did wait for more than hr) once we were called, it was such a quick and easy process, all they asked was RPRF receipt , landing letter, passport , Id for applicant and sponsor. That's it. Simple questions , not exactly question but reconfirming the entry date, passport details and date of birth etc. I (applicant) was asked if I left Canada during the process?? If I have any dependent ?? And if I were refused the entry to Canada after the application was filed, and told the sponsor about the 2 years condition. That's about it. And then told us to wait near another window to get a new permanent SIN number.
It was so quick that we didn't even realize how it got over.
To everyone who's waiting - I wish you all the best and time to time I will visit this forum just to see if I can give any kinda information based on my experience.
Thanks you everyone !!
Congrats