AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
kimiz said:
Hello all,

my husband has got an email for his inland spouse sponsorship saying that he will be contacted for an interview. My question is how will he be contacted (email or phone since he is out of canada for a few weeks)? Also should the sponsor also be present for the interview (who is me)?
Finally how long you think it takes to get the appointment?

Thanks a lot
We got ours by email, and yes the sponsor should attend. Which office are you landing at? Every office has a different turn around time.

oluwalisa

Feb 8, 2017
km9203 said:
They might want to call CIC as according to CIC website, that office is only open Monday - Friday, and like you said, the 25th is a Saturday. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-dsp.jsp?rc=3589&lang=eng
***has been scheduled for: DATE: MAR. 25, 2017 TIME: Anytime between 8:15--8:45AM LOCATION: 5353 Dundas Street West, Ground Floor, Etobicoke

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Folks - Received landing interview today for 25th March, Saturday.

Just want to be extra cautious about what should I carry so need experts advise.
1. My passport and 2 photographs
2. My sponsor's passport as photo and address proof. Since she is a PR too, please confirm if a foreign passport will work as id and address proof.

What questions do they ask and to whom? We will be together or they will ask us questions separately

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Okay so here I am july 2015 applicant ! We have an interview next wednesday I am guessing to see if our relationship is real ! I am a like everyone will be a little anxious!! My question is : me and my common law partner live with his family so we dont have a lease agreement , we dont have hydro or cable bills and they are asking for things like this which we dont have under our names as we only give some money to help out but we dont pay rent and we have been living here for 3 and a half years almost, so should I write a letter explaining why we dont have this bills? Also I was going to ask my mother in law to write a letter explaining that we live with the whole fam and get it legalized. They also asked for more pictures which I got tons and I am going to be printing them out ! They ask for certificate of marriage as well which we dont have because we arent married yet! I just need some help getting all of this figured out as maybe someone has been thru this already ! Thank you ! The interview part is not my worries at all as we are well the best couple ever lol my struggle is all the side paperwork they want me to bring ! Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aleguillen said:
Okay so here I am july 2015 applicant ! We have an interview next wednesday I am guessing to see if our relationship is real ! I am a like everyone will be a little anxious!! My question is : me and my common law partner live with his family so we dont have a lease agreement , we dont have hydro or cable bills and they are asking for things like this which we dont have under our names as we only give some money to help out but we dont pay rent and we have been living here for 3 and a half years almost, so should I write a letter explaining why we dont have this bills? Also I was going to ask my mother in law to write a letter explaining that we live with the whole fam and get it legalized. They also asked for more pictures which I got tons and I am going to be printing them out ! They ask for certificate of marriage as well which we dont have because we arent married yet! I just need some help getting all of this figured out as maybe someone has been thru this already ! Thank you ! The interview part is not my worries at all as we are well the best couple ever lol my struggle is all the side paperwork they want me to bring ! Thanks
Mother-in-law should write the letter. You don't have to. You can have that notarized.

Did you give CIC one of these: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf ? That's what you need to supply, if there is no marriage certificate.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
oluwalisa said:
Great news! What time is yours?
Between 1-3
Do you mind telling me what documents you are carrying for both since it is not very clear in the letter.
Can a foreign passport serve as photo and address proof.

dermire2012

Dec 27, 2016
kapilhere said:
I got it today too, interview is on 25th March
congrats kapilhere.

it will only take 5 mins, the wait is longer than the interview. its just a yes or no question. hehehe have u ever convicted? have u ever asked to leave canada? when did you last enter canada? and you will have to confirm your passport and all the information are correct. and you're done.

congrats again...

oluwalisa

Feb 8, 2017
kapilhere said:
Between 1-3
Do you mind telling me what documents you are carrying for both since it is not very clear in the letter.
Can a foreign passport serve as photo and address proof.
Okay mine is in the morning. My husband and son will be with me.
My passport, work permit, passport photo, Right of PR payment receipt, Healthcare,SIN document letter, driver's license as proof of address, original marriage certificate, my son's birthday certificate and Canadian passport, my husband's Canadian passport and his drivers license as proof of address .

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
profiler said:
Mother-in-law should write the letter. You don't have to. You can have that notarized.

Did you give CIC one of these: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf ? That's what you need to supply, if there is no marriage certificate.

Yes I did and I actually got another one not too long ago again because I thought I needed for my renewal of work permit,but maybe they expire? I will prolly need a new one.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
dermire2012 said:
congrats kapilhere.

it will only take 5 mins, the wait is longer than the interview. its just a yes or no question. hehehe have u ever convicted? have u ever asked to leave canada? when did you last enter canada? and you will have to confirm your passport and all the information are correct. and you're done.

congrats again...
Thanks Demire.
What documents they asked along with the photograph?

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

We went for our DM (decision made) interview on the 16th Mar 2017. We got approved! I am landed in that office and my PR card will be mailed in 45 days. We would like to thank everyone whose been with us in this journey! It was draggy, stressful, confusing and we won't be able to make it if it weren't for this community here.

The interview was breezy. We get to see the collection of our forms that we had sent to the immigration office. We had around 15 minutes of briefing together before we were asked to be interview separately for approximately 15-20 minutes. Questions like 'Have I been convicted in Canada?', 'Have I been denied entry to Canada before this?', 'Do I have any medical condition?'. Also questions that will help to prove the authenticity of our relationship. Domestic questions like 'What do I like the most about my husband?', 'Is there any problem in the relationship that the officer should know about?'. We also brought documents that was asked in the invitation email. The officer asked to see 6 months of payslips, 12 months of hydro bills, phone bills and rent, tenancy agreement, 12 months of bank statement, auto insurance for 2015 and 2016, original marriage certificate and original travel documents.

Please update our status on the spreadsheet. Thank you very much. And to those still waiting, we wish you all the best. Good luck and may good news arrived soon :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
oluwalisa said:
Okay mine is in the morning. My husband and son will be with me.
My passport, work permit, passport photo, Right of PR payment receipt, Healthcare,SIN document letter, driver's license as proof of address, original marriage certificate, my son's birthday certificate and Canadian passport, my husband's Canadian passport and his drivers license as proof of address .
Best of luck!