+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Awesome! Did you have to travel far for your landing interview? We are in Cape Breton. Wondering where the interview will take place.

Lizzy1987 said:
Just received my PR card in the mail on Friday (March 10). My landing appt was on January 31st for reference- pretty much in line with what others have said- it took almost exactly 6 weeks to receive in the mail. So relieved and greatful to have the immigration and CIC journey behind me and finally be able to just purely enjoy life in Canada with my family ;D Good luck to the rest of 2015'ers... it will all work out in the end!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
KaZRa said:
Awesome! Did you have to travel far for your landing interview? We are in Cape Breton. Wondering where the interview will take place.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

I would presume your landing interview will be in Halifax.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
That would be awesome. My husband got his work permit in Dec and the letter he received said they would be in touch regarding PR and to pay the fees, which we did in the very beginning anyway. Just to be sure I sent in a letter plus my receipts to show they were paid.

sylvain1 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

I would presume your landing interview will be in Halifax.

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Gloria217 said:
I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I am living outside my body, having no control of my own life. I was out of status so I haven't received a work permit. I don't really understand what is taking so long. And can not do anything but wait :'( :'( :'(
We shouldn't have to live our lives like this
Hey guys, same situation,.. i feel like two years of our lives are just wasted for nothing.. :(

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Brittanyyyc said:
Hello everyone. I am new on this forum. I am planning submitting an inland application for spouse sponsorship. Is there any basic, general or complex information I need to know. A link or explanation will be much appreciated. Thanks to you all in advance
Ugh! i will strongly suggest to ask an immigration lawyer of your region to handle your case. We did by ourselves and stuck in providing proves all the time and still hanging. The lawyers handle the case very efficiently and appropriately. Yes, it is costy but better than prolong waiting period, because if CIC keep on asking proves or more information your case will be delayed. Wish you goodluck dear...

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
sylvain1 said:
I know the website tells 26 months; this is the whole point, that is the lie! The 26 months is supposed to be the average time to process 80% of applications. The 23 months I am talking about, is the exact same thing, average time to process 80% of applications, but official statistics. So the official statistics released at the end of the 3rd trimester (sept 2016) was 23 months. IRCC continues to say 26, but official stats shows it is shorter than that. Stats for the December 2016 will be released within few weeks, I'm sure it will be below 20 months, likely below 18 months. But IRCC will continue to say 26 months, because then you cannot complain of anything if you did not reach 26 months.
26 months is not the average time, it is the maximum time, most of the cases are solved maximum 16 months before or to the nearest. worst scenario is 26 months when the CIC keep on asking for proves if they are satisfied, inorder to give a chance for the applicant to provide.

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
carolbb23 said:
i am no criminal i am clean no record and never sponsored anyone besides Mr. carol. I am upset his stupid lawyer did not tell me that she put his son name in my sponsorship besides Mr. carol I am mad but not changing anything she does not like me because I asked to much question and my husband had no idea she did so Mr. carol was please be nice to her after we are done I am reporting her to irb my husband begging Me to be rude
If there are any dependents, it has to be mentioned, whether or not to be accompanying its not the lawyer's fault.

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
carolbb23 said:
HI how's everyone I told you on March 6 Mr. carol lawyer forward this to me cic letter say dear Mr. carol in order of us to continue to process your permanent residence application we need a proof of Co habitation plus they send a medical request for Mr. carol son plus i am curious i guess they approved me as a sponsor if they request my step son medical plus if they say to Mr carol in order of us to continue working on your permanent residence we need proof of sponsor I guess that's mean I been approved
I have somehow similar case as you. ran from a domestic violence from my ex husband...I mentioned my kids name as dependent in my application and now CIC is after us to have their Medical examination done, which I cant for multiple reasons. I understand your situation, its really not your lawyer fault. because the application say it clearly that if we dont mention our dependents may get refusal for their sponsorship in the future. I thought its the formality so we mentioned them along the reason why they are not accompanying us.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Okz said:
Ugh! i will strongly suggest to ask an immigration lawyer of your region to handle your case. We did by ourselves and stuck in providing proves all the time and still hanging. The lawyers handle the case very efficiently and appropriately. Yes, it is costy but better than prolong waiting period, because if CIC keep on asking proves or more information your case will be delayed. Wish you goodluck dear...

so true

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Okz said:
Lawyer won't help. You'll just piss money away.

You'd get more results from an MP than a lawyer. And they cost nothing.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Okz said:
I have somehow similar case as you. ran from a domestic violence from my ex husband...I mentioned my kids name as dependent in my application and now CIC is after us to have their Medical examination done, which I cant for multiple reasons. I understand your situation, its really not your lawyer fault. because the application say it clearly that if we dont mention our dependents may get refusal for their sponsorship in the future. I thought its the formality so we mentioned them along the reason why they are not accompanying us.
It's not a formality. It's a legal requirement. They must be mentioned or be forever excluded from sponsorship. Additionally, you could be found to have misrepresented yourself by not including them. That also has some pretty strong penalties.

Family members must be examined for admissibility. Your admissibility hinges on it. That includes medicals. Unfortunately it's a fact.

The examination makes sense if you think about it: accompanying or not, if they for some reason need you to become their guardian (because of death, incapacity, etc), the CIC does not want to waste more time to reexamine you for the subsequent request. And given the nature, you'd likely also pressure CIC to hurry on H&C grounds. So, examine upfront just in case.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Can we travel outside Canada once the landing interview is done? Or we have to wait till the PR comes?
Best to wait. COPR != travel document. To get on a plane, you'd likely be asked for a passport, PR card, or eTA due to new eTA regulations. So you can't board without it.

You can request a travel document from CIC...but for the sake of a few wks, why pay for another doc (only one time use).

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
profiler said:
Best to wait. COPR != travel document. To get on a plane, you'd likely be asked for a passport, PR card, or eTA due to new eTA regulations. So you can't board without it.

You can request a travel document from CIC...but for the sake of a few wks, why pay for another doc (only one time use).

Sanchari

Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Request
21-02-2017
Hi everyone.. So I did my medical last week.. How long it takes to get the interview request? How long it takes for them to update the ECAS for my medical?