Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
sylvain1 said:
Anybody with good news? This thread is becoming too quiet...
Thought I was the only one thinking that.
Good news keep the anxiety away 8)

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
sylvain1 said:
Anybody with good news? This thread is becoming too quiet...
I think because there is only few applicants waiting for a good news thats why.

dermire2012

Dec 27, 2016
I got the landing letter yesterday!!! it said on the letter: please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at the time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you or any other original documents supporting your relationship. -- i dont remember sending any of those, we just sent photocopy of our driver's license that we live in the same address and photos during the years that we are together and our wedding pictures. and our marriage certificate. that's all. what did you guys bring? now, i am a little nervous and at the same time excited.

spiderlily

Apr 2, 2015
April 2015 applicant here. No news since AIP letter in September 2016. :-[

When I sent in my applications back then, I applied for the work permit as well, which is going to expire in July 2017.

Can someone advise which form I should complete for another one? Would I be applying for a renewal or a new one?

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
dermire2012 said:
I got the landing letter yesterday!!! it said on the letter: please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at the time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you or any other original documents supporting your relationship. -- i dont remember sending any of those, we just sent photocopy of our driver's license that we live in the same address and photos during the years that we are together and our wedding pictures. and our marriage certificate. that's all. what did you guys bring? now, i am a little nervous and at the same time excited.
Do you have any of documents listed?

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
dermire2012 said:
Did you get a DM letter before ?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
erwinjohn997 said:
I think because there is only few applicants waiting for a good news thats why.
[/quote

we are December 14,2015 and we are still waiting you

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
spiderlily said:
April 2015 applicant here. No news since AIP letter in September 2016. :-[

When I sent in my applications back then, I applied for the work permit as well, which is going to expire in July 2017.

Can someone advise which form I should complete for another one? Would I be applying for a renewal or a new one?
To my knowledge you can renew your work permit.
Your 26 months will expire in July 2017 as well, hopefully you will get you PR before then.

spiderlily

Apr 2, 2015
Gloria217 said:
To my knowledge you can renew your work permit.
Your 26 months will expire in July 2017 as well, hopefully you will get you PR before then.
Hopefully! (Fingers crossed) It's been very stressful; I am sure most people here would agree.

I called CIC in November/December last year to inquire about when to apply for another work permit; the rep said I should wait till end of January/beginning of February 2017 because taking any actions. She was hopeful that we will hear something by then.

It's now March and still nothing and July is only 4 months away. It's better to be safe than to be sorry, especially with my work situation.

In any case, I found the below link at CIC. It states that "[if] you were provided with a work permit under the initial pilot, you must apply for a work permit extension before it expires." I guess extension, it is then. Hope this helps anyone else who has the same question in mind.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
dermire2012 said:
Hi, I guess they are just looking for an identification of sponsor and applicant and a ID that confirms that they live at the same address.
You should be happy that Etobicoke contacted you being the busiest office.
Can you please confirm your landing date and your application timeline.
I got the DM letter on 21st Feb and still waiting...called CIC and have been told that it takes 2-7 weeks to schedule.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
spiderlily said:
Hopefully! (Fingers crossed) It's been very stressful; I am sure most people here would agree.

I called CIC in November/December last year to inquire about when to apply for another work permit; the rep said I should wait till end of January/beginning of February 2017 because taking any actions. She was hopeful that we will hear something by then.

It's now March and still nothing and July is only 4 months away. It's better to be safe than to be sorry, especially with my work situation.

In any case, I found the below link at CIC. It states that "[if] you were provided with a work permit under the initial pilot, you must apply for a work permit extension before it expires." I guess extension, it is then. Hope this helps anyone else who has the same question in mind.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp
From the Temporary Resident processing manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp :

"
If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.
"

So, apply a few days before expiry (make sure the application makes it to CIC the day before expiry), and you can continue to work. They will extend the WP...

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
i forgot to update the group, but last Tuesday we did our landing at IRCC in Calgary. Everything went fast, we waited for about 15 mins until we get called, asked 2 questions by the officer, signed my landing paper, and that's about it. We went downstairs to get my new SIN number, everything was done in less than an hour.

anyone who is still waiting for their pr, hang in there. it will be all worth it in the end :)
thanks and goodlulck to all :)

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
june1990 said:
hi,
i forgot to update the group, but last Tuesday we did our landing at IRCC in Calgary. Everything went fast, we waited for about 15 mins until we get called, asked 2 questions by the officer, signed my landing paper, and that's about it. We went downstairs to get my new SIN number, everything was done in less than an hour.

anyone who is still waiting for their pr, hang in there. it will be all worth it in the end :)
thanks and goodlulck to all :)
Congrats! I am sure it's great feeling to know that waiting is over.

I am wondering if anyone know if I can receive SIN number in the city where I am having a landing interview. I live in Northern Alberta (about 5 hours north from Edmonton), so my landing is in Edmonton, but I don't want to wait when we come back, I'd like to get paperwork to be done the same day and forget about waiting and stress.