+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Harrysagoo

May 14, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
When did u receive ur OWP? Did u sent ur medical along with the application or after? Any updates on ur medicals?
I received my work permit on Monday. Medicals were done on Nov 21 and the status showing as passed.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hello everyone I have a question. I had my work permit but it expired last month because my passport expired and it was delivered to me obviously way later than it was supposed to so I couldnt renew my work permit I got it 3 days after my old passport expired. Now I am applying for restoration of status and I am trying to do it online. The check list is asking me for Statutory declaration of common law which I already gave with my application and to my luck the only thing I sent original and didnt take a copy of it. it says is a document that is required but I dont understand why is needed if I even got my AIP last night. Do I really need to include it or I can include something else? I called and the agent said she cant really answer that because online applications are run in a different way so maybe they do need it. I am a bit confused I just wanna sent it and get it done with because I wanna have legal status again specially in case I get my landing interview soon. Has anybody been in this situation? thanks in advance!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aleguillen said:
Hello everyone I have a question. I had my work permit but it expired last month because my passport expired and it was delivered to me obviously way later than it was supposed to so I couldnt renew my work permit I got it 3 days after my old passport expired. Now I am applying for restoration of status and I am trying to do it online. The check list is asking me for Statutory declaration of common law which I already gave with my application and to my luck the only thing I sent original and didnt take a copy of it. it says is a document that is required but I dont understand why is needed if I even got my AIP last night. Do I really need to include it or I can include something else? I called and the agent said she cant really answer that because online applications are run in a different way so maybe they do need it. I am a bit confused I just wanna sent it and get it done with because I wanna have legal status again specially in case I get my landing interview soon. Has anybody been in this situation? thanks in advance!
You had an OWP, right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aleguillen said:
yes I already had an owp an then expired !
Reapply for the OWP. Restoration of status is included in the package now.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
yes I know thats what I am doing. it is telling me I have to pay 200 for restoration of status plus 100 plus 155. But my question was why do I need to provide another common law declaration again?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aleguillen said:
yes I know thats what I am doing. it is telling me I have to pay 200 for restoration of status plus 100 plus 155. But my question was why do I need to provide another common law declaration again?
Just provide a copy of the one you submitted. Do you still have a copy of that? You can try to get away without it if you don't, but if you have one, I would include a copy.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
profiler said:
Just provide a copy of the one you submitted. Do you still have a copy of that? You can try to get away without it if you don't, but if you have one, I would include a copy.

See thats the problem I did not take a copy of that and thats the only document I did not take a copy off because I sent the original one. the agent told me the same thing but she also said why dont you just put what you think is right as I am providing my AIP letter with all documentation and she said if they really need it they will contact you and you can provide it. I just dont want to go and find someone to legalize it my boyfriend is working crazy late this week and I cant go get this signature at least not this week as he has to be present. :( I was thinking in providing a letter in that option explaining that I already have provided this in my Permanent residence application and add some pictures of documents that show our same address.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
aleguillen said:
See thats the problem I did not take a copy of that and thats the only document I did not take a copy off because I sent the original one. the agent told me the same thing but she also said why dont you just put what you think is right as I am providing my AIP letter with all documentation and she said if they really need it they will contact you and you can provide it. I just dont want to go and find someone to legalize it my boyfriend is working crazy late this week and I cant go get this signature at least not this week as he has to be present. :( I was thinking in providing a letter in that option explaining that I already have provided this in my Permanent residence application and add some pictures of documents that show our same address.
You can try it. Keep in mind, you are not providing them the info they are asking for, so they have every right to refuse. However, if you cite your application number, they might investigate to see if you'd submitted one before. So, it's hard to say, you can try it.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
I think I am just going to have to do it the right way and provide it. where I live there is tons of immigration stuff so maybe the one close by my house can do it and I will see if my boyfriend can come home early on friday if not maybe I can find someone who can do it on the weekend. this is the last piece I need to send it out! I just have been out of status for a couple weeks so it is not too bad but you know how it is I just want to get this done with lol thank you tho !!!

CLAUDIO73

Nov 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just need an information and especially who had gone through landing interview they might answer me. I will be called soon for the appointment in etobicoke. I heard they may ask you a few questions especially concerning crimes. I am currently on probation for breaching of recognizance. So after my probation, which i am following, my charge will be dropped. When i first provided my police records, from here and regarding my country of origin, i was not in this situation. My records were clean and before i had a court order it said it was outstanding due to the trial i had to do. My question is simple i have been approved and all is good. Just have to go there to finalize. If they ask about any crime and i tell them i am on probation what's gonna happen? the charge was due to a mail i sent to a person and i was ordered not to communicate in anyway.
Please who has gone through can advice me. I don't think it is a big matter...but you'll never know. thanks folks

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
So we called and although we got SA July 5th 2016 the AIP is still not processed as yet. They are working on background check and eligibility at this point.
We did everything upfront buy somehow our application time frame between steps seems to vary significantly from others I'm seeing on here. Frustrating is putting it lightly :'(